• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yacine Brahimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'm a Porto fan so I've seen a lot of Brahimi. He's highly skilled, pacey, has a driven mentality, and as a result can be very difficult to stop in one on one situations. He has an eye for making plays in tight spaces, with good vision and link up play. He also has a decent eye for goal, with 21 goals in the past two seasons for Porto.

There were concerns about attitude issues in the past but he can be a dangerous player who, despite being 26, still has potential for improvement in his game. He does have a pretty high release clause, something like 60 million euros, but if he could be had for around 20-25 I think he would be worth it.
Cheers for this.

Giroud

Established Member
I'm a Porto fan so I've seen a lot of Brahimi. He's highly skilled, pacey, has a driven mentality, and as a result can be very difficult to stop in one on one situations. He has an eye for making plays in tight spaces, with good vision and link up play. He also has a decent eye for goal, with 21 goals in the past two seasons for Porto.

There were concerns about attitude issues in the past but he can be a dangerous player who, despite being 26, still has potential for improvement in his game. He does have a pretty high release clause, something like 60 million euros, but if he could be had for around 20-25 I think he would be worth it.

Good to have another Porto fan on here. I like him as a player and I don't think Porto have got the best out of him. Technically he's excellent but playing him on the left with another right footer at full back just limits his space with both of them cutting in. I thought he ended up running into crowded areas too often last season much like Sanchez did from the left for us. I would like to see him in the middle but Porto have a lot of options there.

Racing_Arsenal

Wenger will not pay big money for anyone... he's a natural loser and rusty thats why we must expect another Holding-type signing at the very best ( if not anyone)

LeafsBro

I think he would be a much better fit for Everton on that left side, where he would likely see more playing time than for us where he would be behind Sanchez (assuming Wenger stops playing him in the middle). I still wouldn't mind signing him but as I said earlier, if the cost is higher than say 30 million it would be a waste of funds imo based on our needs, despite the intriguing package that he would bring.

TheDream

Brahimi is good , i watched him a lot since I am Algerian as well but why would Arsenal even consider him , he won't be an upgrade on our current wingers , and he sure can't play striker and on top of that his contract involves a third party and he is too expensive for what he can really offer
Don't even know why this thread is open, this signing doesn't make sense at all , hope wenger buys a striker and a decent CB and close the ****ing tranfer window, 1pt in two games is not a big deal but we need to start winning from next week

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ran across this from a couple of weeks ago, for what it's worth (a biased Algerian perspective I guess). Will be interesting to see if the rumors build on this one. Arsenal could sign him at any point since he's out of contract in the summer. He is a skilled, pacy winger who can score some goals. But the thing in the Mirror isn't much to go on.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The Liverpool Echo says Everton sent scouts to watch him play over the weekend against Nacional and came away "impressed" after his brace. They added that "scouts from Manchester United, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Villarreal, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Eintracht Frankfurt, Heerenveen, Lodz and Hungary's Mol Vidi were all interested observers."

Clubs love getting good players without having to pay transfer fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom