• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Chelski found it tough against these lot last week, they've got some good players, powerful players. Did our business in the first half and closed them out in the second, could've had 2 or 3 more though.

I'm hoping Perez provides that finesse our attack needs. We're very nearly an outstanding attacking team.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Someone in our squad needs to emerge as the candidate to partner Xhaka in midfield. Santi is fine if we're playing a team like Watford who are set up with a five-man defence, but he's not the solution. Coq and Elninho won't cut it against the big teams either.

Ramsey lacks discipline and consistency, we all know that, but he's the only one with the right technical/physical qualities to nail down that spot and make a difference. Having missed out on Kante, and barring a change in formation, I don't see what chance we have of challenging for the PL if Ramsey doesn't make the necessary adjustments to his ga

That first half though...:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ramsey does not have the technical qualities, we have been down that road before. The dude has a first touch of a donkey. He needs 4 touches to control the ball and his decision making is iffy to be charitable.

Bashii

Missed the game as watched my home team Hudd play.

Player ratings? How did Theo do?
Cech - 9
Bellerin - 6
Holding - 7
Kos - 9
Monreal - 6
Xhaka - 8
Caz - 7
Özil - 8
Theo - 8
Sanchez - 9
Ox - 5

Jack - 5
ElNeny - 7
Gibbs - 5

Overall very happy with the performance, played some great stuff first half. Really let them back in 2nd half but we coasted to victory really.

Kos outstanding although nearly scored an incredible own goal. Petr made a few (including Kos's volley) outstanding saves.

Theo looked lively and actually controlled the ball a few times. Unlucky not to score.

Alexis and Özil magical at times, occasionally frustrating.

Xhakas range of passing will delight you when you watch the highlights. ;)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Whats with all the chip attempts. I wonder if theres some history of Gomez being susceptible to chips or being off the line too early.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Ramsey does not have the technical qualities, we have been down that road before. The dude has a first touch of a donkey. He needs 4 touches to control the ball and his decision making is iffy to be charitable.

We're looking at the same problem from different perspectives. If Elneny or Coquelin tried to be Zidane, they'd Sp**s it up even worse than Ramsey does.

Introduce confidence, consistency and discipline to Ramsey's game, cut out the Zizou Hollywood BS, and your donkey will start to look like a thoroughbred. The technical security AR displayed during his 2013 purple patch might really surprise you if you look back at it.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A goal and assist each to our dynamic duo(i'm taking the ball that got us the penalty as an assist). We really struggle without them, hope we get them signed asap.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's nice to win again. I've only seen the goals (not the full match) and they were well executed. I'm smiling at Özil's goal as it's not the sort of goal I'd expect him to score. Hopefully we get everyone back fit after the international break and keep winning. COYG.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We're looking at the same problem from different perspectives. If Elneny or Coquelin tried to be Zidane, they'd Sp**s it up even worse than Ramsey does.

Introduce confidence, consistency and discipline to Ramsey's game, cut out the Zizou Hollywood BS, and your donkey will start to look like a thoroughbred. The technical security AR displayed during his 2013 purple patch might really surprise you if you look back at it.

I can only hope that can happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom