• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

At least Theo guarantees (some of the time) end product. Even in his worst of seasons last campaign he still scored some important goals and hopefully back on the right side he'll prove to be as productive as he was back in the 2011-2014 era before this whole CF nonsense. Even not always starting he's more of a goal threat than Gnabry.

Ox, I'm not sure I'd say Gnabry is more talented, but they're similar in that regard. Think Wenger just sees the explosiveness of Ox as a huge bonus and probably the £16 million investment is a huge reason as to why he stays over someone like Gnabry.

Malky

Established Member
@Tir Na Nog I actually posted that in the wrong thread. I wasn't tying to say that Gnabry is a better option than Theo or OX, both I rate higher, never seen much of a future for Gnabry here, in all honesty. Was just saying in the bigger picture, for a club our size we rely on Alexis for that spark from out wide far to much. When he has a poor game do you really seeing Theo or OX stepping up and making things happen? I don't.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Sad to see, always liked the guy and I thought he'd make it big like Bellerin. Bad loans and injuries halted that. We'll see how he goes, people shouldn't go mad based on the Olympics, I've always thought he had heaps of natural ability though.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Just think this could be one of those that could come back and bite us in the arsenal as he has potential to go on become a top player, we haven't managed this particular situation very well. Must be tricky managing all these players, especially when he had a terrible spell at West Brom and struggled with injuries but Wenger clearly rated him, we invested a lot of time and money in him and yet we've let an asset run his contract down and leave for peanuts. It hasn't been worth it on our part.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bayern are paying the fee and have an option to buy him from Werder next year.

The Bundesliga. :lol:
If true that's a joke. Hope we've inserted a massive sell on clause or first refusal in the contract with Werder as there will be nothing Bayern can do about it.

Mudi

If true that's a joke. Hope we've inserted a massive sell on clause or first refusal in the contract with Werder as there will be nothing Bayern can do about it.

Do you think our team is capable of doing that? I strongly doubt it that they even knew that Bayern had provided the money to Bremen.

When it comes to business, Arsenal is a joke of a club. We really don't know how to do business.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Do you think our team is capable of doing that? I strongly doubt it that they even knew that Bayern had provided the money to Bremen.

When it comes to business, Arsenal is a joke of a club. We really don't know how to do business.

It does not matter who give the money or not. It is an internal Bundesliga matter and if it it allowed (which I doubt), nothing Arsenal cna do about it.....Gnabry has only one year left and AFC can either let him go on a free or cash in on him.

"When it comes to business, Arsenal is a joke of a club. We really don't know how to do business."
Statements like that are just ludicrous when as far as business acumen, Arsenal is basically considered a model out there.

Plutarch

I don't like this, I think Gnabry has great potential. He was very good in the German Olympic team, and they faced some good opposition. It seems to have been forced on us by that useless loan move last year to West Brom. If he'd had a successful loan move he might have come back and been put in the squad, but Tony Pullis has screwed that up for us. It was just a wasted year. (I did read that Gnabry's representatives arranged that loan deal and Arsenal weren't that keen, but I don't know if that's credible or not. ) I think we might well regret letting him go, but I suppose as we're in the last year of his contract we're stuck with this situation.

Axel_Gunner

kicker is the source of the Bayern-involvement in this transfer.
very weird story.

would not make sense for Bayern to pay the fee now and NOT get Gnabry after a season or get at least the fee back.
the kicker article is very vague worded. it says bayern "will have access to Gnabry" next year after paying the fee now. No one really knows what this means. Baumann from Bremen denied a bayern-involvement.

Maybe next days there will be some clarification about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom