• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't like this, I think Gnabry has great potential. He was very good in the German Olympic team, and they faced some good opposition. It seems to have been forced on us by that useless loan move last year to West Brom. If he'd had a successful loan move he might have come back and been put in the squad, but Tony Pullis has screwed that up for us. It was just a wasted year. (I did read that Gnabry's representatives arranged that loan deal and Arsenal weren't that keen, but I don't know if that's credible or not. ) I think we might well regret letting him go, but I suppose as we're in the last year of his contract we're stuck with this situation.

I did not know about the loan deal details and his rep's role. I would not put all the blame on Pulis for Gnabry's failure at WBA though. If the player was performing well in training, he would have played. Pulis is not that dumb, he will use all the assets at his disposal.
Apparently his attitude was not above reproach either at WBA. When he came back at AFC half way last season, he was not even fit and was never called up by Arsène. So things are not that simple as we may see them form the outside.

Bergkamp120

We gave him a lot of chances. We stuck by him through the injuries and loaned him to a premiership club but he couldn't stay fit. He has decent potential but a few goals against Fiji does't tell us much about his development (he still looked lacking in a lot of areas). I wish him the best of luck.

He was our 5th winger after Alexis/Theo/Ox/Iwobi. 6th winger if you count Ramsey.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
this is going to come back and bite us in the ass.
but i understand it, we have The Ox, we have Iwobi coming in.
Its a shame because the talent is there, but it seems he doesnt want to stay here.

Mudi

It does not matter who give the money or not. It is an internal Bundesliga matter and if it it allowed (which I doubt), nothing Arsenal cna do about it.....Gnabry has only one year left and AFC can either let him go on a free or cash in on him.

"When it comes to business, Arsenal is a joke of a club. We really don't know how to do business."
Statements like that are just ludicrous when as far as business acumen, Arsenal is basically considered a model out there.

That was maybe the case a couple of years ago but not since 2014 when we couldn't adjust to the market. Now, teams like Barca, Bayern and even Man Utd are taken as role models as they know how to generate a revenue and to grow further.

USArsenalFan716

We gave him a lot of chances. We stuck by him through the injuries and loaned him to a premiership club but he couldn't stay fit. He has decent potential but a few goals against Fiji does't tell us much about his development (he still looked lacking in a lot of areas). I wish him the best of luck.

He was our 5th winger after Alexis/Theo/Ox/Iwobi. 6th winger if you count Ramsey.

Well to be fair, he still would be joint top scorer with 4 goals if his 2 against Fiji were removed (and the 5 Pederson got in that game who he was tied with were removed).

I also think some fitness questions were answered. He played almost the full 90 in 6 matches in about 2-3 weeks. And he still looked quick at the end. That's way more demanding that a PL schedule.

From the several games that I saw him, he had pretty good workrate, made pretty good decisions and displayed some finishing. He looked a class above a lot of the competition most of the time. I think he has more than decent potential (as opposed to someone like Ox where I think we have seen close to his ceiling) and if we let him get away, I think we're going to regret it.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
That was maybe the case a couple of years ago but not since 2014 when we couldn't adjust to the market. Now, teams like Barca, Bayern and even Man Utd are taken as role models as they know how to generate a revenue and to grow further.

Dude, what are you talking about? Sorry, you don't make sense. o_O

carlito'sway

Established Member
Well to be fair, he still would be joint top scorer with 4 goals if his 2 against Fiji were removed (and the 5 Pederson got in that game who he was tied with were removed).

I also think some fitness questions were answered. He played almost the full 90 in 6 matches in about 2-3 weeks. And he still looked quick at the end. That's way more demanding that a PL schedule.

From the several games that I saw him, he had pretty good workrate, made pretty good decisions and displayed some finishing. He looked a class above a lot of the competition most of the time. I think he has more than decent potential (as opposed to someone like Ox where I think we have seen close to his ceiling) and if we let him get away, I think we're going to regret it.

Do you guys know / remember who was the Olympics top goal scorer in 2012? Me neither... ;).
Found out though, it is Moussa Konaté, currently playing for FC Sion and rumored to beon its way to Lyon, to play back up to Lacazette, for 5 M. :lol:

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well good luck to him. I always thought he looked good mentally and physically when he played for us. Like others, I'd like a buy back or sell on clause. Sad for him and us that it didn't work out better here. Good luck Serge.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

tumblr_mt0n73J85w1s755gio1_500.gif

Time to close this thread.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I was impressed by Serge when he first broke onto the scene. Calm, composed, excellent technique, great pace, etc. I thought he had the potential to really establish himself at Arsenal. I am a bit surprised that we have let him go so quickly. Sure, he didn't develop as quickly as we thought he would because of injuries, but the guy is only 21. We have stuck by more limited players (who are still here) for years and years. A bit puzzled by this decision.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would preferred him to stay but pleased we got a fee & the situation didnt result in a huge risky contract like with Walcott. Gnabry might be a star but so could Iwobi, Jeff, Willock ect.

novarek

I will always remember your good game against Tottenham. Your other good game maybe wasn't that good because I already forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom