• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Not saying there wasn't something dodgy about that Luiz deal, but I have yet to hear an explanation of what might have transpired. Whats the relationship between Roman and the Qataris? What are the incentives for PSG? Were Chelsea in hot water with FFP if they didn't make a big sale?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Certainly was something odd about it. A favour to Abramovich from some other billionaire, I reckon, allowing them to subvert the FFP rules. A straight offer of £50 million for Luiz, at that time, without any sort of bidding war? It was definitely dodgy.
Cool story guys, but if I remember correctly, PSG couldn't sign Di Maria, because of that David Luiz deal. Had to wait for him to fail at United and got him a year later. Don't think they would shoot themselves in the foot, just as a favor to a fellow billionaire. If I also remember correctly, Leonardo was stil their Director of Football or whatever. Perhaps he just wanted to complete Brazil's defensive duo for PSG? I'm just connecting the dots here.

Plutarch

Cool story guys, but if I remember correctly, PSG couldn't sign Di Maria, because of that David Luiz deal. Had to wait for him to fail at United and got him a year later. Don't think they would shoot themselves in the foot, just as a favor to a fellow billionaire. If I also remember correctly, Leonardo was stil their Director of Football or whatever. Perhaps he just wanted to complete Brazil's defensive duo for PSG? I'm just connecting the dots here.
He was sold for £50 million, a world-record transfer for a defender. (According to Wikipedia, so not completely reliable) Why was such a fee necessary? Why wasn't there a bid of 30 million first? 40 million? If you'd asked anyone beforehand what fee Luiz might go for, they would probably have said about 20 Million. But suddenly PSG just paid that amount? Conveniently allowing Chelsea to buy the players they needed? Seemed strange to me, and still does.

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Sp**s midfield of wanyama, Dier, Sissoko and Alli - Sp**s the new Stoke:lol:.

Compare that to Özil, Cazorla and Xhaka:lol: world's apart.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I actually feel really bad for Everton, thank goodness they'll have the final laugh when Sissoko flops. Says a lot that the **** ended up at Sp**s too.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I actually feel really bad for Everton, thank goodness they'll have the final laugh when Sissoko flops. Says a lot that the **** ended up at Sp**s too.

Sorry mate but your avatar blur is starting to get ridiculous now..

bc9a2a40018340e788b50e54bd86adee.png

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Sorry to tell you, but I am a lifelong Arsenal fan, though I'd be willing to bet that Zaza gets more goals than Perez this season though, but I hope I am wrong!

(Sorry for the late response, just got back from my 7 week bender in Brazil)

I still say Zaza is seriously underrated and has every attribute needed to be a top prem striker, at least I can potentially get to be proven right one way or another as he should get decent service at West Ham.
Don't be sorry, I'm glad you're on our side. We'll see how things turn out. Hope you had a good one- little bit jelly though and welcome back.

4R5Emaniac

Snake Fabregas' career going down the gutter. Talent to lead a team to glory and be a proper legendary footballer but ends with being a cheerleader stats machine. **** personality never helps.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Snake Fabregas' career going down the gutter. Talent to lead a team to glory and be a proper legendary footballer but ends with being a cheerleader stats machine. **** personality never helps.
but he still has more medals than most footballers ever will.

4R5Emaniac

but he still has more medals than most footballers ever will.
Well as a sideshow rather than protagonist in any of them apart from half a season at Chelski. Disappointing for such a huge talent. He is hated at the clubs he was supposed to be admired at.

Same with Judas as well but at least he owned it at Man Utd as the protagonist and captained his team to a World Cup semis. And however he left, I doubt we'll see an individual performance of that level for sometime with the club in such a delicate situation. Could've been a turning point going either way depending on where we finished.

Judas is getting managed by ****, btw.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Don't be sorry, I'm glad you're on our side. We'll see how things turn out. Hope you had a good one- little bit jelly though and welcome back.

My family used to live in London, they used to watch games all the time in the 50s and 60s. I can't afford to go very much these days, though I will be going to the legends game at the weekend, couldn't resist with those prices (plus virgin trains had a mega offer).

I think things will turn out fine, we just will rely on goals from everyone chipping in, as long as the front 3 stays fluid and difficult to mark then maybe we can do something this season with a solid defence and without a prolific striker.

Yeah Brazil is always amazing to visit, my 5th time there, got to see some Olympics as well, far cheaper tickets than in London. Thanks for the welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom