• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chami

If he continues to improve (and I don't see why he shouldn't) he looks like he will be one of the top 5 CB in the world in 2 to 4 years.

Vanfrothan

We can finally play a high line without fear. Mertesacker's lack of pace makes it a problem, and Gabriel is too error prone.
Koscielny- Mustafi and Xhaka in front of them is one hell of a trio, defensively and creatively.

That is a mouth watering prospect. Should help us breakdown stubborn defences as well by pushing higher up the pitch.

Be nice to have a ball playing centre back again as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss the days when Gallas and Vermaelen were playing one twos on the edge of the opponent's box in open play and I think it's important for centre backs to know their limits and get rid when necessary.

But I'm sick of the sight of the centre backs playing the ball to each other with know idea what to do with it. With Xhaka dropping deep and the addition of Mustafi, hopefully we won't be seeing too much of that this season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
That is a mouth watering prospect. Should help us breakdown stubborn defences as well by pushing higher up the pitch..
We used to push high up the pitch even with Mertesacker. The thing that'll change will be that there'll be two defenders chasing the ball down when the opposition break against us. Mertesacker was forced to commit a challenge/foul because he had no chance of catching up to a runner..

Vanfrothan

We used to push high up the pitch even with Mertesacker. The thing that'll change will be that there'll be two defenders chasing the ball down when the opposition break against us. Mertesacker was forced to commit a challenge/foul because he had no chance of catching up to a runner..

I suppose that's true, that is what happened against chelsea at home this season when mertesacker walked for "fouling" costa.

At least we it will give us more confidence with the high line. I do think we have the option of pushing up a little further still
with Mustafi and Kos at the back though.

Malky

Established Member
We possibly have the two best CB's in the league. :bounce:
Eric Bailly has been good but not properly tested, the real test will be against City as he looked very dodgy at times for Villarreal. I also rate Kurt Zouma very highly but no idea what he'll be like after such a bad injury.
Hopefully our Koscielny/Mustafi partnership clicks instantly, on paper they are a superb pairing.

BobP

Memri Fan
Scouted this guy back on FIFA 11, knew he had something.

Was also the case with Sturridge on FIFA 07 a decade ago.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he continues to improve (and I don't see why he shouldn't) he looks like he will be one of the top 5 CB in the world in 2 to 4 years.
These are the posts that end up on Twitter and other forums but I can understand where they're coming from.:lol:

I can't actually remember us signing a highly rated CB since Sol (and Gallas).

On paper we have the CB position locked down in terms of quality and depth. I hope he does well, my heart won't be able to take it if he's another Gabriel.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
I've been working on a song for Mustafi. Anyone remember Aladdin? (start at 53 seconds).

Mustafi, there can be, nobody bett-er.

Plays defence, stops attempts, to score a goal.

He'll mark your every move, his dancing is so smooth.

He is the defending rock, he's Mustafi

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Eric Bailly has been good but not properly tested, the real test will be against City as he looked very dodgy at times for Villarreal. I also rate Kurt Zouma very highly but no idea what he'll be like after such a bad injury.
Hopefully our Koscielny/Mustafi partnership clicks instantly, on paper they are a superb pairing.

Alderweireld?

I agree though Koscielny and Mustafi if they click will be the best partnership in the country.

Super Solid!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Alderweireld?

I agree though Koscielny and Mustafi if they click will be the best partnership in the country.

Super Solid!

Some good potential CB pairings in the league;

Kos & Mustafi
Bailly & Smalling
Kompany & Stones
Alderweireld & Vertonghen

Lot's of solidity and defenders who can play out too. Terry & Luiz could be a decent pairing too, Luiz is always better when someone is keeping him in check.

Really excited to see how Mustafi performs next to Kos.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I've been working on a song for Mustafi. Anyone remember Aladdin? (start at 53 seconds).

Mustafi, there can be, nobody bett-er.

Plays defence, stops attempts, to score a goal.

He'll mark your every move, his dancing is so smooth.

He is the defending rock, he's Mustafi
Possibly worse than the song in your signature.

Axel_Gunner

hope he has some good training sessions this week. Southampton might be some early but he could at least grab some minutes. Would be important for our PSG game...

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think Alderweireld and Vertonghen or however you spell em, are better but as a partnership and because of having played together. I'm just giving that duo the benefit of the doubt because of that for the time being.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think it might take Mustafi a few months to settle in here, the speed and physicality of the league means there is probably a few times he's going to be out muscled and outpaced and outpaced -basically look like **** till he get's used to it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom