• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

I think you're mistaking WADA for USADA there.

They make stuff up as they go along, scapegoat, they have numerous star athletes on "TUEs" which allow them to legally dope yet they come down on Sharapova like a tonne of bricks.

A lot of the supplements on their banned list aren't even proven to have any performance enhancing attributes whatsoever, but they can just say it's banned because WADA.

On top of all this, they trample on athletes rights like nobody's business - if you are suspected of a doping offence, the onus is ON YOU to prove your innocence.

The CEO of USADA Travis Tygart was immense during the unraveling of Armstrong's lies. He was getting death threats and slandered by Armstrong fanatics and he never let the pressure show.

As for cycling the real culprit in my opinion is the UCI who seemed happy to look the other way when it came to doping.

Though President of the UCI during the Armstrong-era Pat McQuaid was cleared of all wrong doing last year.

As a by the by, McQuaid was a PE teacher in Dublin in the '80s and a lad I know broke his leg in a vault-based accident in one of his classes!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't trust any organisation that is the product of the IOC as far as I can throw them - they are just as bad as FIFA.

The amount of money these quasi-bureaucrats make from sport is sickening.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We also know that Arsenal tracks every players movement in training and use data such as how long a player's feet remain in contact with the turf as a gauge of fitness.

Without access to that data it's not possible for us to make an informed decision as to whether or not Cazorla is currently being run into the ground.
The appliance of sports science in football has accelerated significantly in the last few years and Premier League clubs have invested heavily in monitoring their players’ output.

A Guardian article suggested that Man C have 11 data analysts to crunch and process the numbers and that the stats shown in the media are only a fraction of what's recorded on their technical, tactical, physical and psychological performances. That data is regarded as very sensitive and in the past clubs have been unwilling to allow access to any outside party, even the FA.

Although Wenger did warn the FA that Wilshere was in the red zone before he got that stress fracture in the 2012 Euro qualifiers.

I read a Telegraph article before the 2016 Euros though, that said that clubs had finally agreed to share their data with the FA for the first time.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We also know that Arsenal tracks every players movement in training and use data such as how long a player's feet remain in contact with the turf as a gauge of fitness.

Without access to that data it's not possible for us to make an informed decision as to whether or not Cazorla is currently being run into the ground.
I hope you're right and we don't take any risks with Santi.

Hegemony

Voted undecided.

I'd have him to leave, but only for a top manager. Wenger's a lot of things but you can't doubt he's one consistent b*stard, we're in pretty safe hands, and he'll keep us coasting for as long as needs be. Perfect position for a world beater to come in and give us the final tweaks to win the big ones.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Voted undecided.

I'd have him to leave, but only for a top manager. Wenger's a lot of things but you can't doubt he's one consistent b*stard, we're in pretty safe hands, and he'll keep us coasting for as long as needs be. Perfect position for a world beater to come in and give us the final tweaks to win the big ones.
That's a fair point, if you can name any 'world beaters', and can show how they beat the world on Wenger's type of 'non oil money'.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Doesn't take a 'world beater' to introduce new ideas and win a league. We don't want to beat the world :lol:What was Wenger before he got here? We gave him the platform to excel, and we'll give the next manager an even better one. **** coasting. It's boring now.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Doesn't take a 'world beater' to introduce new ideas and win a league. We don't want to beat the world :lol:What was Wenger before he got here? We gave him the platform to excel, and we'll give the next manager an even better one. **** coasting. It's boring now.
Good point, United thought that, so they gave the job to Moyes and when that didn't work they tried a world beater :lol: Wenger saw them both off :eek:

You guys could be right but don't think it's that simple. Anyway Wenger may not coast this season . . . .yet to see.;)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only issue with going the unproven route is the lack of top signings it would bring. Unless they’re a strong motivator and quickly build a reputation than we’d have a hard time attracting guys like Özil/Alexis.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That's a fair point, if you can name any 'world beaters', and can show how they beat the world on Wenger's type of 'non oil money'.
Why does that now matter as we no longer have to worry so much about losing our top players because we haven't the cash. Times have changed.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why does that now matter as we no longer have to worry so much about losing our top players because we haven't the cash. Times have changed.
Personally I think if Wenger doesn't sign there'll be an exodus of some of our better players. One thing that's never in doubt, the players past and present love Wenger. It's clear that they're waiting on Wenger before renewing.

Secondly, whilst our debt burden is decreasing, with the current frugal board we'll never match the rich clubs in terms of lashing out huge sums, like the Pogba deal or MSN for Barca.

It would be so much better if Wenger extended for say two years now and worked with the club on a well thought out transparent transition plan with a new manager lined up. The United debacle is lesson for all clubs.

Can't see it happening though.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ray Parlour on Arsène....

When pushed on exactly how great he was, Parlour could only name a certain legendary Manchester United boss who he would rank alongside him.
And he believes football has rarely seen a man of his talents, particularly in the sport science development of the game that has taken place over the last two decades.
‘I’d say Sir Alex Ferguson is obviously up there,’ he replied pensively.
‘But Wenger would be in the top five in the history of all managers, in my opinion."

‘I’ve seen some great managers but he was right up there among the best. Wenger has achieved what he has with hard work and he was always one step ahead in the scientific side of the game.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/12/top-f...rever-says-ray-parlour-6186518/#ixzz4Ms822VTb

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Good point, United thought that, so they gave the job to Moyes and when that didn't work they tried a world beater :lol: Wenger saw them both off :eek:

You guys could be right but don't think it's that simple. Anyway Wenger may not coast this season . . . .yet to see.;)
A real achievement:lol:

You'd see an upside in listening to Sam Smith for 3 hours.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I must admit this is one of the points I feel strongly about. I get the feeling, or perhaps it is a rare optimism in me, that AW wants to get one over Fergie in this regard. I.e. Be able to say that not only did he transform the club but that he thoroughly and permanently elevated AFC to where it is.
The only way this would happen is if he started winning titles again imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom