• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Great to see Wilshere play 90 minutes but he had quite a poor game against Sp**s imo.

I'm not sure no 10 is the best position for him, didn't really get that involved and when he did his final pass was a little disappointing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great to see Wilshere play 90 minutes but he had quite a poor game against Sp**s imo.

I'm not sure no 10 is the best position for him, didn't really get that involved and when he did his final pass was a little disappointing.
Worth noting that nobody seems to know what his best position is anymore. I argue against him being used deep personally because not only is he a terrible defender but he's also too rash a decision-maker to thrive in such a position. I think he's a great choice as a third CM or from a wide right position as a wide playmaker. As a number 10, he needs to be more decisive.

Maxim

Worth noting that nobody seems to know what his best position is anymore. I argue against him being used deep personally because not only is he a terrible defender but he's also too rash a decision-maker to thrive in such a position. I think he's a great choice as a third CM or from a wide right position as a wide playmaker. As a number 10, he needs to be more decisive.

Parallels between him and Pogba in that sense. Both supremely talented but good luck finding a role for either of them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Playing 10 for Bournemouth against these bigger teams must be like playing deeper in CM for us.

Seems to being doing well fitness wise but his game is far more suited for a bigger team... You look at some of the teams struggling round Europe & think if the loan idea happened a little earlier much better options available. Just all too rushed.

Elsewhere shame Chambers never played today probably would have won.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Bigger worry for me, and it has been for a couple years, is that he looks too chunky. He's a yard slower and not as agile, obviously his endurance has also been an issue, but the first 2 were really important to his game when he was flying. He hasn't looked great yet for B'Mouth but the most important thing at this stage is that he's playing week in week out. If he's still performing like this by after Christmas I'll be a bit more worried, but then again I don't think Jack is our great white hope anyway.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bigger worry for me, and it has been for a couple years, is that he looks too chunky. He's a yard slower and not as agile, obviously his endurance has also been an issue, but the first 2 were really important to his game when he was flying. He hasn't looked great yet for B'Mouth but the most important thing at this stage is that he's playing week in week out. If he's still performing like this by after Christmas I'll be a bit more worried, but then again I don't think Jack is our great white hope anyway.
He is looking pretty heavy, and not in a fat, out-of-shape way, but very bulky - like he's been lifting constantly and not doing any cardio or functional training :lol:.

I assume that this Bournemouth loan is pretty much a way to get him some much needed match time over a season to prepare him for a comeback in the squad. I suspect it will be similar to how Walcott looked like sh*t most of last year (save for a few games early in the season) and Wenger pretty much persisted with him all pre-season while we seethed away at his £140,000 p/w wage - the pay off so far has been a decent goal tally and we're only up to late October so lets hope that continues. Wilshere will go on to have a mediocre pre-season then look godly as the season begins in 17/18 :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is looking pretty heavy, and not in a fat, out-of-shape way, but very bulky - like he's been lifting constantly and not doing any cardio or functional training :lol:.

I assume that this Bournemouth loan is pretty much a way to get him some much needed match time over a season to prepare him for a comeback in the squad. I suspect it will be similar to how Walcott looked like sh*t most of last year (save for a few games early in the season) and Wenger pretty much persisted with him all pre-season while we seethed away at his £140,000 p/w wage - the pay off so far has been a decent goal tally and we're only up to late October so lets hope that continues. Wilshere will go on to have a mediocre pre-season then look godly as the season begins in 17/18 :lol:
A-men.

Playing 10 for Bournemouth against these bigger teams must be like playing deeper in CM for us.

Seems to being doing well fitness wise but his game is far more suited for a bigger team... You look at some of the teams struggling round Europe & think if the loan idea happened a little earlier much better options available. Just all too rushed.

Elsewhere shame Chambers never played today probably would have won.
he looks great for England, which is on a level close to to Bournemouth.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was following the comentary, and it seems Wilshere created a hatful of opportunities, all spurned (mainly by Joshua King)

Chambers and Wilshere had great games according to Whoscored.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't realise that it was Calum vs Jack today. Apparently Calum's been class at Boro.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just made an absolute worldly of a defence splitting pass on MOTD. Serious quality.

Giroud

Established Member
Who decides what a 'chance created' is? Jack had seven of them as his team wasn't able to score, while Gibbs was our best chance creator with three of them as we scored four.

A chance created is a pass that leads to a shot. So a key pass or an assist if it goes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom