• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud

Established Member

This where you have to have a closer look into the data.

rhk2kz.jpg

There are Wilshere's 5 chances created from open play. The one into the box is the fantastic through ball Rex mentioned. The other 4 are just simple sideways passes that ended in shots with little chance of going in from long range. Now suddenly he doesn't look Özil like as the 7 chances created makes it sound.

But at least he seemed to be more proactive this game. Previously he was incredibly careful with his passing just shifting the ball to the wide players and having little effect on games. I mentioned before that I don't think Wilshere exactly suits this Bournemouth side as they like really like to send the ball straight to the wings and avoid the centre. As you can see in the image below he made several passes into the opposition box and also that lovely through ball.

2w7o75c.png

If he is Arsenal quality though he's going to have to show much more in a creative sense so Howe makes him the fulcrum of the side. At the moment Howe is using him to recycle possession to the wingers because they are creating in a far more effective manner. If he can't become the fulcrum of this Bournemouth side he'll never make it here unless he takes up a squad role.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Good post @Giroud

You need to have a look at most of these stats. I saw another saying that Wilshere had 6 successful dribbles, but when I looked further only 2 were take ons. So 4 of his 'successful dribbles' could have essentially been him running with the ball unchallenged in space, which doesn't tell you a lot.

Point I'm making is that some stats are nice, but if you want to know how a player performed on a given day you need to watch the game.

Giroud

Established Member
Good post @Giroud

You need to have a look at most of these stats. I saw another saying that Wilshere had 6 successful dribbles, but when I looked further only 2 were take ons. So 4 of his 'successful dribbles' could have essentially been him running with the ball unchallenged in space, which doesn't tell you a lot.

Point I'm making is that some stats are nice, but if you want to know how a player performed on a given day you need to watch the game.

Statzone have him down as completing 6 take ons. They use Opta data and I thought take ons were only logged when a player was beaten not just running into space?

I'm a big fan of data in football but most of it is just thrown out around Twitter and Sky Sports with little thought. Don't just look at shot numbers, key passes, take ons etc and instead combine that data with shot maps, pass maps and so on. Then you can see whether the players are shooting in effective areas, passing into dangerous areas and beating players into the danger zone which is where goals are scored.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
From brief highlights, Chambers had a decent game and didn't make any mistakes. JW made some good passes but there seemed to be a lot of space in front of him and he had a lot time so maybe yesterday was a bit of a"false"game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good post @Giroud

Surely a successful dribble can't constitute as running in space unchallenged? :lol:.

That'd be generous as ****. Spuds' Dembele must have 200 successful dribbles per month.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Surely a successful dribble can't constitute as running in space unchallenged? :lol:.

That'd be generous as ****. Spuds' Dembele must have 200 successful dribbles per month.
Well that's what confuses me. If only 2 of his 'successful dribbles' were take ons, wtf were the other 4? Could just be a **** up on the part of whoscored.

Point was that a lot of stats can be ambiguous, so it's hard to have a proper opinion without watching the performance.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Campbell unhappy at Sporting.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-player-asking-minutes-positioning-change-may-help-achieve/

Joel Campbell isn’t very happy at Sporting

Currently on loan with the Portuguese club, the Costa Rican winger is, despite coming off the bench, not a regular starter, and that’s annoying him a bit.

Unfortunately for him, he’s being blocked on the right wing by Gelson Martins, and O Jogo have a chat with his former Costa Rica manager to find out a decent solution for the 24-year-old.

SYS

ENGLAND
Calum Chambers and Jack Wilshere both played the full 90 minutes for their respective sides as Middlesbrough beat Bournemouth 2-0 in one of Saturday’s lunchtime fixtures.

Chambers was defensively excellent whilst Wilshere continued to show signs of progressionfollowing his deadline day switch

Dan Crowley
was afforded a start in a holding midfield role and awarded the Man of the Match award for his performance, but was unable to stop Oxford United from losing 2-1 at home against Millwall.

Glen Kamara was once more an unused substitute as Colchester United lost 2-1 against Plymouth Argle. The midfielder, who celebrated his 21st birthday on Friday, has only played 83 minutes of League Two football this term.

Despite keeping a clean sheet last time out, Ryan Huddart was not rewarded with another starting berth – instead Ryan Clarke began in-between the posts during Eastleigh’s 3-0 home win over Torquay United in the National League.

NETHERLANDS
Kelechi Nwakali was afforded another cameo appearance for MVV Maastricht against FC Volendam, coming on for the last 13 minutes plus stoppages. He was unable to have much impact though, and the hosts were ultimately left with nothing after Bert Steltenpool’s 87th-minute winner.

Stefan O’Connor wasn’t involved in the matchday squad for the fixture itself, whilst Tafari Moorecame on after 58 minutes for FC Utrecht’s second-string team but they lost 1-0 away from home.

SPAIN
Jon Toral made his first senior appearance since mid-August, starting in Granada’s 1-0 defeat at the hands of La Liga holders Barcelona. Operating as one of two central midfielders, alongside Uche Henry Agbo (on-loan from Watford), the Spaniard played 76 minutes before being replaced by Sergi Samper.

PORTUGAL
In one of Friday’s fixtures, Sporting were held to a goalless draw against Nacional. Joel Campbellcame on as a second-half substitute in place of Bryan Ruiz with 25 minutes to play, but didn’t have much impact off the bench.

Wojciech Szczesny (Roma), Takuma Asano (VfB Stuttgart) and Julio Plegueuzelo (Mallorca) could all feature in the remainder of the weekend’s fixtures across European competition.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wilshere has given an interview talking about how Bournemouth want and need him. Quite telling on the need bit. He sounded mature, miserable but determined to play and get his career back on track.

SYS

On loan players

Jon Toral played a central midfield role for Granada during their 1-1 home draw against Deportivo La Coruna. The 21-year-old played 69 minutes before being replaced, presumably as the hosts needed fresh legs having just conceded through Florin Andone.

Kelechi Nwakali and Tafari Moore were afforded rare starts for their respective sides on Friday evening. Nwakali completed the full 90 minutes, whilst Moore was replaced in the 77th minute as FC Utrecht’s second-string team lost again away from home.

Joel Campbell was on the scoresheet for Sporting CP as they moved into the top three on the Portuguese Primeira Liga table.

The Arsenal forward, who is on a season-long loan with the Lisbon giants, scored in between Bas Dost's double as Jorge Jesus' men defeated ten-man Arouca 3-0 at Eastadio Jose Alvalade.

Dan Crowley
The 19-year-old midfielder played 78 minutes for Oxford United against Chelsea’s u21s on Tuesday night in the Checkatrade Trophy

Glen Kamara
21-year-old Kamara also got a start for Colchester United against Charlton Athletic in the same tournament.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Calum Chambers had an excellent game against Chelski, and more specifically Diego Costa.

I'll tell you what, the right setup can make even the most average player look quality. It's a thankless task being a defender at Arsenal, partly why I rate Kos so highly.

Lazaq

Wilshere had a good game against Stoke from the sounds of things. Looked very tidy in the highlights, created some chances and puffed his chest at little Joe Allen as well. I miss Jack.

Jack the lad

Calum Chambers had an excellent game against Chelski, and more specifically Diego Costa.

I'll tell you what, the right setup can make even the most average player look quality. It's a thankless task being a defender at Arsenal, partly why I rate Kos so highly.

Chambers is good defender, but he cant play a high line though. He best attribute is that he has leadership qualities and can control a defence. He is the "organizer" of the boro defence and they have been excellent defencely since chambers has been brought in.

SYS

Dan Crowley: Arsenal's former Aston Villa wonder boy blasted by manager
Speaking to the Oxford Mail after leaving Crowley out of Oxford's win over Coventry, Appleton said: “I didn’t think his head was in the right place, so he was left out of the squad.

“There are a couple of issues I want to make sure are addressed in terms of what he does on and off the field.

“He’s a 19-year-old lad who has fantastic ability, but his professionalism at times lets him down.

“He’s had a few issues at Arsenal and Barnsley previously. It’s all a massive learning curve for him.Ultimately sometimes when people step out of line you have to put them in their place.”

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
This where you have to have a closer look into the data.

rhk2kz.jpg

There are Wilshere's 5 chances created from open play. The one into the box is the fantastic through ball Rex mentioned. The other 4 are just simple sideways passes that ended in shots with little chance of going in from long range. Now suddenly he doesn't look Özil like as the 7 chances created makes it sound.

But at least he seemed to be more proactive this game. Previously he was incredibly careful with his passing just shifting the ball to the wide players and having little effect on games. I mentioned before that I don't think Wilshere exactly suits this Bournemouth side as they like really like to send the ball straight to the wings and avoid the centre. As you can see in the image below he made several passes into the opposition box and also that lovely through ball.

2w7o75c.png

If he is Arsenal quality though he's going to have to show much more in a creative sense so Howe makes him the fulcrum of the side. At the moment Howe is using him to recycle possession to the wingers because they are creating in a far more effective manner. If he can't become the fulcrum of this Bournemouth side he'll never make it here unless he takes up a squad role.
or maybe he is just not arsenal quality.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Dan Crowley: Arsenal's former Aston Villa wonder boy blasted by manager
Speaking to the Oxford Mail after leaving Crowley out of Oxford's win over Coventry, Appleton said: “I didn’t think his head was in the right place, so he was left out of the squad.

“There are a couple of issues I want to make sure are addressed in terms of what he does on and off the field.

“He’s a 19-year-old lad who has fantastic ability, but his professionalism at times lets him down.

“He’s had a few issues at Arsenal and Barnsley previously. It’s all a massive learning curve for him.Ultimately sometimes when people step out of line you have to put them in their place.”
wild horses dont work when on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom