• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Fitness Watch

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Santi's likely to be out for a total of 2 months by the time he's back. Lets see how the midfield holds up without him.....he'll miss big games unfortunately. If he's our No.1 CM then we surely need to bring in a replacemnt next summer as he cannot manage the league season here in England.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Santi's likely to be out for a total of 2 months by the time he's back. Lets see how the midfield holds up without him.....he'll miss big games unfortunately. If he's our No.1 CM then we surely need to bring in a replacemnt next summer as he cannot manage the league season here in England.

Absolutely. That will be top priority.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Lol - I'm sure he'll be useful to have what with potential EFL Cup, FA Cup, CL & league games. He's slow but still a fine back up and a classy defender overall.

Yeh he's a good pro and very experienced. I think he'll move back to Germany in the summer, he's currently no3 but Holding will change that soon.

Rocky

Yeh he's a good pro and very experienced. I think he'll move back to Germany in the summer, he's currently no3 but Holding will change that soon.

Gabriel displaced Mertesacker as number 3 last season.

Drebin

on Hector Bellerin
Hector is out for four weeks. He got injured in the last 10 seconds against Sp**s after a very strong tackle by Danny Rose.

on Santi Cazorla
Cazorla is still out. I don’t know exactly how long for. He’s still not even out in training yet.

4 Weeks of Jenks...I don't know if we can take that.

on Alexis...
We didn’t know if he’d play or not. In the end they decided to play him. He texted us to tell us he’s in good shape after the game. He came off after 84 minutes and now we have to wait. I see him tomorrow [Friday] morning and then I will see if he can be involved in the squad or not.

What I will consider is the risk of injury because he played while recovering from a hamstring injury. I’ll consider the way he feels as well. On that front you depend on the honesty of the player, how they feel and how they recover.
Honesty of the player....Alexis would tell you he is ready to play even with two broken legs while sitting in a wheelchair.

I always imagine him hissing at people that tell him he is not fit enough to play.

image.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gone up to equal 1st in the Injury League with Stoke, Hull and Liverpool . . . all with 7 injuries, now Giroud and Debuchy have been added to the EPL list

TBF ours looks worst because we have 3 January returns and 3 no return dates.

Man U 3, Chelsea 2. We're jinxed, no doubt.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gone up to equal 1st in the Injury League with Stoke, Hull and Liverpool . . . all with 7 injuries, now Giroud and Debuchy have been added to the EPL list

TBF ours looks worst because we have 3 January returns and 3 no return dates.

Man U 3, Chelsea 2. We're jinxed, no doubt.
Liverpool just lost their best player till Jan at the earliest. They also have one of the best strikers in the league who can't stay fit. Their second best striker is also a doubt at the moment and Lallana is also out.

We're not jinxed. Take out our injury prone players and our injury situation isn't extreme.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Liverpool just lost their best player till Jan at the earliest. They also have one of the best strikers in the league who can't stay fit. Their second best striker is also a doubt at the moment and Lallana is also out.

We're not jinxed. Take out our injury prone players and our injury situation isn't extreme.
Happy to accept it's not extreme or jinxed, just the worst in the EPL averaged out over the last 5 years.

Liverpool are certainly in a similar situation at the mo, Welbeck/Sturridge, Santi/Coutinho, Lallana/Perez, Firminio/Giroud, Etc Bellerin and Debuchy both at right back is certainly a problem as Jenkinson is well off the pace.

At the moment Chelsea have only Terry and Obi, Conte has virtually a full squad to pick from. Can't remember when Wenger had that luxury. Start of the season? Wait . . Özil, Giroud, Welbeck, Debuchy, Gabriel, Kos, Mertersaker all missing.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Happy to accept it's not extreme or jinxed, just the worst in the EPL averaged out over the last 5 years.

Liverpool are certainly in a similar situation at the mo, Welbeck/Sturridge, Santi/Coutinho, Lallana/Perez, Firminio/Giroud, Etc Bellerin and Debuchy both at right back is certainly a problem as Jenkinson is well off the pace.

At the moment Chelsea have only Terry and Obi, Conte has virtually a full squad to pick from. Can't remember when Wenger had that luxury. Start of the season? Wait . . Özil, Giroud, Welbeck, Debuchy, Gabriel, Kos, Mertersaker all missing.
Chelsea hardly ever have major injury problems...

Eva's out of a job, Arsène should dial her up.

Rocky

Surely it seems like Debuchy got thrown in to starting a game too soon? He'd been AWOL for ages then he's started. Lasts 16 minutes then his hamstring goes...

To be hoped that Bellerin is treated with more care...

SYS

Cazorla has struggled to make a swift recovery from an injury that has plagued him for much of 2016 – it ruled him out until the final game of last season – and his return date has been far from clear. It now seems that Wenger’s hopes that the 31-year-old will be back in time for a hectic festive schedule are receding after the Arsenal manager confirmed no progress had been made in the Spaniard’s recovery.

“Cazorla I don’t know, honestly,” Wenger admitted. “I cannot give you any delay. It’s just inflammation, that can go in two days or two weeks. I don’t know.
“He has no setback but the inflammation is still there.”

Asked by Standard Sport whether the inflammation was dying down Wenger confirmed it was “stable”

SYS

More optimistic news came on Olivier Giroud’s recovery from a groin injury and the French “has a chance” for Saturday’s trip to West Ham whilst Danny Welbeck has returned to the London Colney pitch and should be back in full training next month.

Rocky

If there hasn't already been one, could there be a thread with a poll to discuss Arsenal's injury situation?

Is their injury situation systemically worse than other PL clubs? (Man Utd have had some terrible injuries over the last couple of seasons)

If so is it preventable?

If it is preventable, what do people think are likely to be the core issues behind it?
e.g. hypothetically something like this
Pre-season preparation = x%
Lack of player rotation = x%
Style of play = x%
Physical attributes of players (diminutive players) = x%
Psychological attributes of players (less likely to play through knocks) = x%
Sports science and physio staff need updating = x%
Training facilities (new injury-prevention training pitches only recent) = x%
Match facilities (Emirates pitch and the drop-off the side which contributed to Debuchy's shoulder injury) = x%
Other = x%

Top Bottom