• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Will be interesting to see if Conte strengthens in January with the Oscar 60 million! He has done really well with the new guys like Kante, Luiz & Alonso as well as the fringe players last season like Moses & Pedro.

Unless we get the whole team firing closing out the season with Sp**s away, United, Stoke away & Everton will kill any potential title challenge & could even hurt top four without a gap.

I'd budget another 4 losses, and 4 draws this season at worst from here on out, and we still very well in the mix. Losing 4 and drawing 4 more, takes us to 80 points in May.
Anything better than the 4-4 I mentioned, and I reckon we could be one of the top two sides.

What I think is most important for us this year, is doing the business against our rivals. We are more than capable of beating each and every one of them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Another issue very high up my agenda for this season involve;

Handing it to Mourinho and Koeman in convincing fashion.
Send Bayern packing in the CL.
Thrashing Liverpool at Anfield.

Do these things, and its some consolation if we do nothing else.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All you seem to do recently is highlight where other teams excel and proceed to tell us how much we lack that particular attribute :lol:.

It's definitely Chelski's to lose, the no Europe factor can't be overstated. But we've definitely got enough to win a league title. Title winners grow throughout the season, there's still a lot more to come from us. There has been evidence of previous failings still in our game, but not as much, which is encouraging.

We have a veteran goalkeeper in Cech, who has been there done that and still has world class ability. We have the best CB in the league in Koscielny. We have the best RB in the league in Bellerin. In Özil and Alexis we have two genuine game changers and match winners.

We're more than capable of winning the title. These boys will need to grow though, a lot more needs to come together. There's every chance of it happening too.
I know right. I've become a miserable ****.

Arsenal just don't give me reason to be excited. Believe me if we won ten in a row or were attacking like Klopp's lot I would be one of the more optimistic people on here.

I guess I've just seen the same story many times. I can't imagine Özil and Theo maintaining their output nor can I see Wenger improving.

Super computer predict

1. Chelsea 83 points (58.5% they win league)
2. Arsenal 77 points (18.4% they win league)
3. Man City 75 points (10.8% they win league)
4. Liverpool 74 points (9.6% they win league)
5. Tottenham 68 points (1.9% they win league)
6. Manchester United 67 points (0.9% they win league)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Super computer predict

1. Chelsea 83 points (58.5% they win league)
2. Arsenal 77 points (18.4% they win league)
3. Man City 75 points (10.8% they win league)
4. Liverpool 74 points (9.6% they win league)
5. Tottenham 68 points (1.9% they win league)
6. Manchester United 67 points (0.9% they win league)
You built this computer?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Despite my positive outlook, we are faced with this ominous statistic.

9xwMWkh.jpg

If there's one team that can go on a phenomenal run & aided with historic verification, it's Arsenal. I remember the year end table of Arsène's first double winning season when we were in 6th place & were written off derisively as having no realistic hope. We had the last laugh in May of 1998 ;). To this day no team has mirrored that feat.

Win or lose, we'll still be there, too many twists & turns to go before I'm inclined to raise the white flag.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Another issue very high up my agenda for this season involve;

Handing it to Mourinho and Koeman in convincing fashion.
Send Bayern packing in the CL.
Thrashing Liverpool at Anfield.

Do these things, and its some consolation if we do nothing else.

I'm willing to postpone all those wonderful things happening for a season if I can have us decimating stoke at the Britannia with Ramsey grabbing the winner gifting us the title & then celebrating in front of their fans.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea are all the horrible words in the dictionary but they aren't bottlers. There's no chance (0%) that they let a 9 point lead slip. If it was pretty much any other team in the league I'd say there's always a chance but not them tbh

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
If there's one team that can go on a phenomenal run & aided with historic verification, it's Arsenal. I remember the year end table of Arsène's first double winning season when we were in 6th place & were written off derisively as having no realistic hope. We had the last laugh in May of 1998 ;). To this day no team has mirrored that feat.

Win or lose, we'll still be there, too many twists & turns to go before I'm inclined to raise the white flag.

That was 18 years ago. Get over it. :lol:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Wenger should probably focus a little more on tweaking the formation balance and integrating fringe players now. Explore his options and fine tune more than he would normally do at this stage and hope it pays off. Accept that the league has probably gone and work towards peaking for the Bayern game, optimizing the fitness of Alexis and Özil in particular for then. If he gets through that one the draw can open up and that seems to be the most likely way of ending the season without another year of stagnation in the two major competitions. No point pursuing the same old strategy every year.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

That was 18 years ago. Get over it. :lol:

I'm not the villain here @SuperGoon, I'm a victim of our past high standards & successes :lol:.

Seriously though, it irks me that everytime Chelsea eke out a win it brings down a pall of dread over the positivity here.

It's not set in stone they'll run away with it. Beat City & treat our subsequent 6 ties as finals, show aggression, urgency & a smidgen of tactical nous & we could go into the tie at Stamford Bridge with a favorable margin, if the ever bumbling spuds manage to be of some use.

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Why is it that a Chelsea victory suddenly puts a pall on the positive feeling in this forum?

It's not set in stone that Chelsea will concede ground but we need to force them to. Beat City & treat each of

I'm not the villain here @SuperGoon, I'm a victim of our past high standards & successes :lol:.

Seriously though, it irks me that everytime Chelsea eke out a win it brings down a pall of dread over the positivity here.

It's not set in stone they'll run away with it. Beat City & treat our subsequent 6 ties as finals, show aggression, urgency & a smidgen of tactical nous & we could go into the tie at Stamford Bridge with a favorable margin, if the ever bumbling spuds manage to be of some use.

Why shouldn't people be realistic? No way can Arsenal match a team that has won 11 games on the spin, has a 9 point advantage, has more physical and mental strength and a manager with the intensity of Conte. Serious injury to key Chelsea players is the only realistic hope at this stage and that isn't something anyone wants to be relying on at Christmas, especially a team with an inferior fitness record.

Sane__

Wenger should probably focus a little more on tweaking the formation balance and integrating fringe players now. Explore his options and fine tune more than he would normally do at this stage and hope it pays off. Accept that the league has probably gone and work towards peaking for the Bayern game, optimizing the fitness of Alexis and Özil in particular for then. If he gets through that one the draw can open up and that seems to be the most likely way of ending the season without another year of stagnation in the two major competitions. No point pursuing the same old strategy every year.
Accept that the league is probably gone? You realise there is still near enough half a season of football to be played.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Why shouldn't people be realistic? No way can Arsenal match a team that has won 11 games on the spin, has a 9 point advantage, has more physical and mental strength and a manager with the intensity of Conte. Serious injury to key Chelsea players is the only realistic hope at this stage and that isn't something anyone wants to be relying on at Christmas, especially a team with an inferior fitness record.
I'm not suggesting we ride a wave of delusion into believing we'll suddenly iron out all our defeciencies & emerge victorious, far from it.
I'm merely saying that we've not reached the halfway mark & to concede defeat so soon is a disservice to everything this club is.
As you say, Chelsea have the edge in mentality, people forget they won the title only 18 months ago. All I ask is that we show some resolve as fans & believe a title charge is there until mathematically impossible.

Top Bottom