• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Then why slate Giroud for it if his mentality is that way because of how we're run? He can do all the 'ballet' he wants on the pitch if his getting goals/assists and earning us points.

You're just doing somersaults to avoid the real issues.
are you nuts? we still had time left in the game that we needed to win and he was celebrating. Like i said before i can agree its no big deal if we all agree that prematch handshakes and clapping for the fans are also no big deal because they technically dont mean anything as the game is not being played when they occur. Despite last minute things happening in football it is okay for us to be happy with giroud for wasting our time when we are not winning the match. Lol and that is not a major issue for you. Well we deserve to not win i guess, why try our hardest. 4th place it is then.

novarek

No, it's not a big deal

Conceding 3 goals it's a big deal, celebrating for 12 seconds after the unlikely comeback was achieved isn't

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
are you nuts? we still had time left in the game that we needed to win and he was celebrating. Like i said before i can agree its no big deal if we all agree that prematch handshakes and clapping for the fans are also no big deal because they technically dont mean anything as the game is not being played when they occur. Despite last minute things happening in football it is okay for us to be happy with giroud for wasting our time when we are not winning the match. Lol and that is not a major issue for you. Well we deserve to not win i guess, why try our hardest. 4th place it is then.

Again if bringing up the time it's irrelevant, it didn't waste as much time as you seem to think and Bournemouth were under no obligation to kickoff as soon as the balls in the centre.

Bournemouth also had nothing to protect at 3-3 and came at us again and we looked vulnerable.

I never said I agreed with the celebration, but you seem to be letting a 10 second celebration cloud what really went on in that game. (And past games)

Hunter Zolomon

Again if bringing up the time it's irrelevant, it didn't waste as much time as you seem to think and Bournemouth were under no obligation to kickoff as soon as the balls in the centre.

Bournemouth also had nothing to protect at 3-3 and came at us again and we looked vulnerable.

I never said I agreed with the celebration, but you seem to be letting a 10 second celebration cloud what really went on in that game. (And past games)
i never criticised giroud's performance just his celebration. Which i think is an example of the underlying problem in this club, which is never achieving our potential. Plus like i said earlier stuff goes down in the dying minutes of games, we certainly needed the 3 points more then bournmouth.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's a Captain now. So his value just extended to his leading qualities on and off the pitch. We'll be styling melodrama and indiscretion from now on. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Out of the players on the pitch, he deserves to be captain right now.

OSBK

Established Member
This is just silly. Giroud is a limited player, everyone and his granny knows this. He is not very fast, lacks acceleration and therefore can't beat defenders on the ground although he's got decent feet. He's also tall and heavy and can't run around as much as Sanchez (what a comparison!?) and if he tried it would be counter-productive to his main responsibility, that is pouncing on opportunities in the penalty box which he has been doing to great effect this season and also yesterday. Look at Zlatan, he's got a similar frame and strolls around most of the time. Not because he's lazy, but to preserve energy for when it really matters.

Giroud will never be a world beater, he's doesn't have the skill-set for it, but one thing you can't fault him for is his attitude. He gets a huge amount of stick from his own fan-base and has been sat in the bench for most of this season never complaining about it. But when he's on he always produces to the best of his ability which is more than can be said about many other of our so called star players. And I bet that if you ask said mid-table defenders or even the top lot if they find it easy to mark OG out of a game I doubt many would say yes.

So

My post clearly indicates that without key factors giroud will never be what we want. It also states he walks around so there fore easy to mark.

You should read before highlighting and then replying the exact same thing I posted just in needless length.

say yes

forum master baiter
We play better withouth him, but we can't afford not to be milking his purple patch for the season.

We can tbh. He's scoring goals but the team is suffering for it.

Will be the first to hold my hands up and say he's been fantastic this season, but Sanchez starts at CF next week.

N

NotAUserName

We can tbh. He's scoring goals but the team is suffering for it.

Will be the first to hold my hands up and say he's been fantastic this season, but Sanchez starts at CF next week.
Who will create chances for Alexis? Our wingers are ****. Özil is in poor form. Of course Alexis is a better striker but we need him wide for the good of the team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
4 games. 4 goals. 2 assists

giphy-12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom