• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours- 2016/17

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Interested to see if Barce bring in a replacement. Some of the Summer buys look average & the academy just not producing top talent anymore.
They have a few players for the role. Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes.

Good signing by Man City if true. My CM target for the summer would've been Rakitic or Koke as Santi replacement. They lack a CM and two fullbacks as well. I'm afraid that unless we go for Gaya now, he'll be playing for City instead. We should really try to get him in this window or at least start a dialogue for a move next summer.

blaise

Think we have LB on the standby now or in the summer, same like we did with Monreal

Gomes is a dreadful player for me, not even near Rakitic, very bad buy,

Suarez I thought was much more offensive, not really seen him much.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FLove-and-Other-Drugs.gif

He should have been ours...

Isn't that a terrible goal? I mean he waits, waits and waits yet the defender does nothing.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Man City's full backs have been pinpointed as a weakness that's thwarting Guardiola in his efforts to implement his style upon the team, but I think a solution to the left back problem is already at the club. Guardiola likes to invert his full backs and have them joining the central midfield, but his current full backs are all those who like to cling to the touchline, stopping his system from functioning effectively. Zabaleta's appearance at DM vs. West Ham would perhaps suggest Guardiola is trying to train him to operate more effectively as an inverted full back, but I'm unsure whether Zabaleta really has a future in this role. But at left back, I think the solution to this woe is to play Delph there. He has all the tools to make a decent full back and he definitely has the skillset to operate in central areas. His homegrown status alone makes it worth a try, imo. If Milner can play LB effectively, Delph can.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Think we have LB on the standby now or in the summer, same like we did with Monreal

Gomes is a dreadful player for me, not even near Rakitic, very bad buy,

Suarez I thought was much more offensive, not really seen him much.

Andre Gomes is a quality player but he's been awful for Barca so far. Paco Alcacer is struggling too. I think they're both having a tough time dealing with the pressure of playing for Barcelona, as simplistic as that might be to say.

Andre Gomes in particular looks like a kid on his first day at school every time he plays for Barca.

blaise

Rakitic is fantastic, why would he leave Barca for City though?

They spent all money on stars and expect the others to play for change. They are begining to look a bit like us , just we haggle with stars and pay **** and average players a lot.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Man City's full backs have been pinpointed as a weakness that's thwarting Guardiola in his efforts to implement his style upon the team, but I think a solution to the left back problem is already at the club. Guardiola likes to invert his full backs and have them joining the central midfield, but his current full backs are all those who like to cling to the touchline, stopping his system from functioning effectively. Zabaleta's appearance at DM vs. West Ham would perhaps suggest Guardiola is trying to train him to operate more effectively as an inverted full back, but I'm unsure whether Zabaleta really has a future in this role. But at left back, I think the solution to this woe is to play Delph there. He has all the tools to make a decent full back and he definitely has the skillset to operate in central areas. His homegrown status alone makes it worth a try, imo. If Milner can play LB effectively, Delph can.

I forget you're a Leeds fan sometimes :lol:.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I can see Antonio doing great with the system Conte has. He is a work horse that guy and he scores goals. Conte wants players who will run through a brick wall for him - sort of like Simeone - they both demand the best or else they get dropped - not like our manager who insists on playing out of form players.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

How the **** do these other clubs still get top money for their dross!?

MS transfer for 24m two years ago, has barely played as is was found out he wants that good, wants out, and they get back 22m for him!? We let our crap players suck up wages and a squad space for years, run down their contracts and/or sell them for a few million in the last year of their contract.

Don even get me started on Chelsea and them selling their dross...for profit!

We are clearly doing something horribly wrong here.

blaise

Koeman knows him, obviously rates him, they have money now.

It is not like we cant sell Ramsey, Ox , Walcott, even Gibbs for good fees but not sure they d accept the move to Everton or West ham for instance, we spoiled them a lot.

You cant expect to sell Jenkinson, Debuchy kind for anything.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

How the **** do these other clubs still get top money for their dross!?

MS transfer for 24m two years ago, has barely played as is was found out he wants that good, wants out, and they get back 22m for him!? We let our crap players suck up wages and a squad space for years, run down their contracts and/or sell them for a few million in the last year of their contract.

Don even get me started on Chelsea and them selling their dross...for profit!

We are clearly doing something horribly wrong here.

Tbh, we never used to get this type of fees for our squad players. Mourinho has a really good record selling players.

We sold players like Chicharito for £6M, Nani for £4M, Zaha for £3m and Kagawa for £10M.

Only decent fee we got before this was the Welbeck money or the loss made on Di Maria.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Rakitic is a quality player. What I would give to be lining up with a Xhaka & Rakitic midfield instead Xhaka and Ramsey for month.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom