• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2016/17

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Very harsh to say Bob is a bad manager when I'd say he's overachieved at most other jobs he's had.

I think there's far more ineptitude coming from Swansea CFC itself; firing Monk in the first place I thought was ridiculous, then going through a transfer window without a manager to then hiring a manager who they should know what kind of ideology he has before the fact but then he turns out to be a complete mismatch for the club with the staff calling him archaic showing they clearly weren't on his side, Bob was set to fail at Swansea from the get go.

It's easy to say it's all down to the manager, but if you look at that Swansea side you see a lot of problems outside of tactics.

Swansea made the error of becoming impatient, Monk should have never been sacked because of one poor season and they've continued to fail since then and they can only blame themselves for it.

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The thing is, the players were still performing for Monk they just had the worst luck of fixtures ever and it was impossible for them to build momentum.

31 October Swansea City 0–3 Arsenal
7 November Norwich City 1–0 Swansea City
21 November Swansea City 2–2 AFC Bournemouth
29 November Liverpool 1–0 Swansea City
5 December Swansea City 0–3 Leicester City
12 December Manchester City 2–1 Swansea City

The results leading up to Monk's sack. Against the teams that Swansea are expected to be competing with they did alright. There was absolutely no patience at all.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Man City charged over anti-doping rules relating to incorrect whereabouts information

Much ado about red-tape:

Clubs are required to provide accurate details of training sessions and player whereabouts so that they are available for testing at all times.

The club allegedly failed to ensure that their 'club whereabouts' information was accurate.

City have until 19 January to respond to the charge.

It is understood the information was not updated following a change to training routines.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38588913

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Saints need to take some of these chances. Liverpool look poor, could easily be 3-0.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

This tie should have been close to done tonight. 4-0 Saints wouldn't have been a surprise and I would have thought Liverpool will probably still be favourites to qualify with the bookies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob your boy Van Dijk continues to impress.
The guy has the talent and the mental qualities to go far. Not surprisingly he is been link with 40 to 50m pound moves to Man City, United and Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona came knocking as his composure and defensive ability is ideal for them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The guy has the talent and the mental qualities to go far. Not surprisingly he is been link with 40 to 50m pound moves to Man City, United and Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona came knocking as his composure and defensive ability is ideal for them.
You're under-appreciated on here Bob.

Wanyama and Van Dijk have both gone on to be PL successes despite what the majority of the forum have said. Hopefully Wenger sees your posts and goes for that LB of yours. :D

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You're under-appreciated on here Bob.

Wanyama and Van Dijk have both gone on to be PL successes despite what the majority of the forum have said. Hopefully Wenger sees your posts and goes for that LB of yours. :D
Hopefully he forgets I had doubts about Dembele. With Sp**s sniffing around for 30m I hope we are in there as well. The guy has it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully he forgets I had doubts about Dembele. With Sp**s sniffing around for 30m I hope we are in there as well. The guy has it.
He also makes a lot of sense for us.

If Sanchez really is our striker than Dembele is at the perfect age to come here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom