• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ainsley Maitland-Niles

618264858-arsenal-v-reading-efl-cup-fourth-round.jpg

Born/age: Aug 29, 1997 (19)
Nationality:
189.png
England
Height: 1,80 m
Position: Anywhere and everywhere

I really think AMN is going to make himself a career, he's just got so much to him. He's a good passer, has a good one-touch game, can intercept and tackle, has a decent dribble and shot in him, good pace, seems calm and collected whenever he plays, knows where to be... hopefully he gets more involved as the season progresses. I most like him in midfield, where he can get involved more and make use of his many attributes.

Here's a small compilation of his time at Ipswich last season for those who want to see more... he played most often as a winger there.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thread title reads like an essay. :lol:

I would have gone for some kind of chef joke related to the great Ainsley Harriott. I guess not everybody can be a visionary.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The black regista, a true relic in the game, will inspire black kids everywhere to imitate him and they too can follow in his footsteps. He's going to be a true pioneer.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Love him in deep midfield. He will kill Xhaka.

Would rest midweek & then put him in the first team. What other center mid in our squad is as balanced as him? There isnt one.

Wenger was watching that masterclass of positioning, pressure & passing from the stands! Fully expect him to have the Iwobi treatment.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saw this coming the moment I looked at his stats from his season at Ipswich. He had a decent tackle/interception average for a winger, and while his passing could have been better, there were good signs along with his dribbling.

I thought then - and still believe - that Xhaka-AMN would be a good ideal in terms of complementary styles of play. As time went by, that got stronger. This season, he's played as the deepest midfielder for the U23s alongside Zelalem. He still has the dribbling skills that he had as a winger, but he is displaying how good he is as a passer in midfield and how intelligent he is in terms of his understanding of the game and tactical flexibility. He's much better in central midfield, where all his attributes have considerable use.

He's developing into a good ball-winner, although that area could still use a little improvement - but today was as encouraging as you can get. It wasn't the best Southampton midfield, but it still had decent players like Clasie and Reed in it, and he dealt with the promising Josh Sims with relative ease. With the composure he has on the ball, there is a hell of a lot they can do with him just in central midfield alone. Which is why I was always against turning him into a right back, a position he's only played a few times. Midfield is where he will excel, and I have no doubt that - like Iwobi - he will be a permanent squad member for the foreseeable future.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
quality, knows exactly what his job is, he is secure and adventurous when needed, he can defend, he is calm and composed, and he is solid when under pressure, he still has a lot to learn but looking at him and looking what iwobi has achived in so little time, its only encouraging

Latest posts+

Top Bottom