• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchirotoV2

When Wenger had the Stoke and Everton games a few days apart, he didn't even give the very reliable Gibbs a game in either one, despite the fact that they were approaching the Man City game.

I don't expect to see too many surprises here in the absence of injury. The most difficult thing to predict is whether he'll make one or two changes from the Burnley game - Bellerin for Gabriel for sure, Walcott in for Giroud perhaps.

Predicted line up

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Alexis
I'd say Gibbs was our worst player against southampton. Other than this match he's been pretty good.

N

NotAUserName

I mean I love the Ox and I've been in agreement with Wenger that his best position is in the middle. However, seeing so many people here, whom a week ago wouldn't have even placed him in their starting XI now playing him centrally is still a bit over the top.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I mean I love the Ox and I've been in agreement with Wenger that his best position is in the middle. However, seeing so many people here, whom a week ago wouldn't have even placed him in their starting XI now playing him centrally is still a bit over the top.

Well Ramsey is seriously hit and miss. The argument is that Ramsey is slowly improving (sort of) and so keeping that going might be a good move. But a rare superb performance from Ox is a flame you really want to keep fanning.

skip spence

Of course Ramsey starts. If he's available that is...

Very odd that neither Ramsey or Coquelin was in the squad last Sat I think, unless they have injury-problems.

Not sure there's any point playing Coquelin at home to Watford though.
Unbalanced as it may be, I'd rather play Ramsey with the Ox.

Have no idea why people want Ramsey and Coquelin to play together against Watford at home... Getting playing time together for Chelsea game? Wont matter at all. They are **** partnership and it wont change in one home game against Watford...

Rather use the opportunity to experimenting more with Chamberlain there!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Have no idea why people want Ramsey and Coquelin to play together against Watford at home... Getting playing time together for Chelsea game? Wont matter at all. They are **** partnership and it wont change in one home game against Watford...

Rather use the opportunity to experimenting more with Chamberlain there!

Not really a case of wanting them to play together, we're stretched in there and knowing Wenger it's the partnership we'll go with.

You'd go for Ox and Coquelin, would you?

say yes

forum master baiter
Cech
Bellerin
Koscielny
Mustafi
Monreal
Ramsey
Coquelin/AMN
Oxlade
Özil
Welbeck
Sanchez

No space for Walcott, Iwobi or Perez. Our offensive options are just :drool:

trippyhippy

What exactly can Ramsey do in the middle of the park that Oxlade can't? What I saw from ox was a santi-esque performance, spraying balls all over the park and none of that sideways backwards crap ramsey does. Defensively ox is quicker and more powerful than ramsey. he should start next to coquelin.

prefereed xi for watford:

cech

bellerin mustafi koscielny gibbs

ox coq

walcott Özil perez

alexis

lets face it iwobi has not been contributing much offensively and loses the ball way too much.

for chelsea put in welbeck for perez

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Taking into account home game, the opposition, that Coq & Ramsey may or may not be fit, and that Lucas deserves a start (so does Welbeck but dont rush him) I'm going with this. Go for lots of goals, good for GD and builds up the feel good factor before Chelsea.

---------------------Cech
Bellerin---Koscielny---Mustafi----Monreal
-----------------Ox-------AMN
Walcott-------------Özil-------------Perez
--------------------Alexis

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
People including Maitland-Niles because of a run out against Southampton's reserve team..
Would take anyone who can play DCM, decent on the ball & mobile.

We are pathetic in the position for a club our size... & no effective partnerships for a two.

Could be his time to breakout.

Hunter Zolomon

What exactly can Ramsey do in the middle of the park that Oxlade can't? What I saw from ox was a santi-esque performance, spraying balls all over the park and none of that sideways backwards crap ramsey does. Defensively ox is quicker and more powerful than ramsey. he should start next to coquelin.

Well ramsey scores more goals and as we know that is the most important thing you want out of your CM.

coolaa

When was the last time Ramsey looked being a great player? 2012? Even though AOC is not consistent, he has a lot more to offer than Ramsey at any position. Physical strength, dribbling, pace, all ahead of Ramsey.

One more player I think is indeed better than many current senior players is Holding, I think his height n size really is the best partnership for kos.

Cech
Bellerin holding kos Monreal
Coquelin
Walcott aoc Özil welbeck
Sanchez

Gabriel ospina mustafi Gibbs Giroud Perez Ramsey

KARAN KHANNA

Can anyone help me in knowing the official lineup of arsenal before 1 hour of the kick off in any match? If not the official lineup, atleast few players who starts the match.

Requesting to suggest me some sources where I can get this information?

Any help would be largely appreciated.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can anyone help me in knowing the official lineup of arsenal before 1 hour of the kick off in any match? If not the official lineup, atleast few players who starts the match.

Requesting to suggest me some sources where I can get this information?

Any help would be largely appreciated.

The Arsenal twitter account usually tweets team news roughly an hour before kick off.

Failing that;
https://twitter.com/GeoffArsenal
https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN

These two twitter accounts are usually accurate with team news before we get it officially. They're not much use with anything else though, i.e- transfers ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom