• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
It's nice to see Oxlade finally get some credit on here, he's a huge talent and has been playing well all season.

It's sad that the people feel like they need to knock Ramsey in order to praise him though. Oxlade was fantastic against Southampton but I didn't see anything that makes me think his future is as a CM and I certainly don't think this this is the time of the season to experiment with it.

Hunter Zolomon

I know what box-to-box role is. Ramsey does that job very well and has been solid this season.

People ignoring Ramsey defending. It is getting a bit over the top the Ramsey hate on here. He defends and he attacks.
Are you high? ramsey absolutely sucks at defending. What ramsey hate, he has been sucking for more than a season now. Right now please tell me apart from scoring goals in what way is ramsey better than the ox in cm. Please i cant wait for your answer. Compare him to henderson for example, a guy whose engine actually pays off and if u watch liverpool games he harries and chases down the opposition players. Ramsey when not scoring goals is the epitome of a headless chicken. If you understood what a b2b midfielder was, you would know that ramsey does not fit the bill, he is an attacking midfielder, nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:
N

NotAUserName

It's nice to see Oxlade finally get some credit on here, he's a huge talent and has been playing well all season.

It's sad that the people feel like they need to knock Ramsey in order to praise him though. Oxlade was fantastic against Southampton but I didn't see anything that makes me think his future is as a CM and I certainly don't think this this is the time of the season to experiment with it.
Why do you think Ox does not have a future at CM?

Ewarwoowar

Do you not see Ramsey Coq as equivalent as being a little experimental given their lack of playing time(as a partnership that is)?

Because of Ox's performance the other day and Wenger's comments about his future, I've got this feeling the boss will try him along with Coq in the middle. This is also the perfect game to test that combination and if it does work well, we should see both against Chelsea. Wenger must know Coq-Ramsey isn't a good partnership and would prefer going to the massive game next weekend with a more promising option.

It's sad that the people feel like they need to knock Ramsey in order to praise him though.

Just theme of the forum lately. Many on here have agree to hate Ramsey just for sake of it. Like some saying Ramsey has been average this season when he has in fact being injured for most of it, but since he has been back he has been very solid.

Ox is another player that has been doing a lot better this season than previous season and hopefully he will keep improving.

skip spence

I know what box-to-box role is. Ramsey does that job very well and has been solid this season.

People ignoring Ramsey defending. It is getting a bit over the top the Ramsey hate on here. He defends and he attacks.
Yeah I agree, it's ridiculous. If there's anything Ramsey does well it's the B2B CM role. Great engine getting up and down the pitch, good ball recovery, good eye for the game (especially offensively and compared to duds like Coq and Elnenny). He's not a fantastic technician or dribbler or passer of the ball but he does all those things well enough and good decision-making and compose makes him a very serviceable final third player.

Nailed on starter at CM, especially with Santi and Xhaka out.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I can't wait to see Wengers team selection in midfield tonight & at the weekend! Huge calls.

Love it if AMN squeezed his way in.

Hunter Zolomon

Yeah I agree, it's ridiculous. If there's anything Ramsey does well it's the B2B CM role. Great engine getting up and down the pitch, good ball recovery, good eye for the game (especially offensively and compared to duds like Coq and Elnenny). He's not a fantastic technician or dribbler or passer of the ball but he does all those things well enough and good decision-making and compose makes him a very serviceable final third player.

Nailed on starter at CM, especially with Santi and Xhaka out.
a lot of what you just said is false, good decision making?? how often are we left exposed when he DECIDES to go looking for a goal. Good ball recovery? the same guy who we see strolling when he should be tracking back and marking a player.

I am sorry but it is delusional to think ramsey is a good b2b. Having an engine and scoring goals is not enough. Also coq is no dud, he is damn good at breaking up play because he is a freaking def mid and our best one at that. A b2b does not leave your defence exposed but rather compliments it. Everyone here knows ramsey is a defensive liability, that is why he cannot be paired with midfielders that are mainly creative because we would be exposed.

Finally i have to say if the best thing about your cm is that he scores goals then maybe he shouldnt be playing as a cm.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not a big fan but Ramsey has done the basics very well in CM the last couple of games.

No idea how Ox's game at the weekend translates to 4-2-3-1 with a 10.

TheLawOfDiQ

This game will be tough, make no mistake. Really interested to see what line up Wenger puts out, too strong and we risk being more fatigued against Chelsea, too weak causing a loss/draw and the Chelsea game would basically mean nothing. Either way there is no room for error.

skip spence

.a lot of what you just said is false, good decision making?? how often are we left exposed when he DECIDES to go looking for a goal. Good ball recovery? the same guy who we see strolling when he should be tracking back and marking a player.
Ramsey is a player with attacking instincts. It may be that he goes forward too much at times but that also means we are a more dangerous attacking team with him as opposed to with Elnenny or Coq (if it's one or the other). I prefer to watch us play with Aaron. And when I complimented his decision-making and composure I was referring to when we have possession in the final third (where the other two are poor).
Also coq is no dud, he is damn good at breaking up play because he is a freaking def mid and our best one at that. A b2b does not leave your defence exposed but rather compliments it. Everyone here knows ramsey is a defensive liability, that is why he cannot be paired with midfielders that are mainly creative because we would be exposed.
Coq is a dud when we have possession of the ball but he's a good midfield destroyer. And don't speak for "everyone here". You think Ramsey is a defensive liability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom