• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Both need to be coached properly because they both have limitations.

Only players of Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, Modric level can play in this wild west structure Wenger promotes. The rest will not be able to survive the rigours of top level competition.
Mate even Modric would struggle if partnered with the likes of Coquelin in a midfield two. We just make things too hard.

We either need to get an ultra solid midfield two (Kante-Matic type pairing) or do something about Özil. The midfielders we have are too limited for our system. Something you would hope our manager would have recognized by now.

N

NotAUserName

Mate even Modric would struggle if partnered with the likes of Coquelin in a midfield two. We just make things too hard.

We either need to get an ultra solid midfield two (Kante-Matic type pairing) or do something about Özil. The midfielders we have are too limited for our system. Something you would hope our manager would have recognized by now.
I think Chelsea's system has more to do with the success of the Kante-Matic pairing.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This team has shown everything needed to win a title though, resilience was the last key ingredient and if you look past this result we have that in spades.

If we could keep Özil and Sanchez and bring in Wenger I'd be quite excited for the future.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Wenger feels his players were not mentally prepared, isn't that an admission to not doing his job properly, or does he have someone else to mentally prepare the team. Ok he's on a 4 game ban but he's allowed to talk directly to the players before the game, and at half time. If they weren't mentally prepared then there is only one person to blame. Perhaps Wenger is the one that is not mentally prepared!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah arsenalfantv is the one good thing about these results. When I see these guys going off, I can easily let it go.

Hunter Zolomon

I think Chelsea's system has more to do with the success of the Kante-Matic pairing.
lets not forget their centre halves and wing back victor moses. That is a team that has been set up to maximise the players effectiveness and minimise the effects of their limitations, Wenger could learn a thing or 2 from conte.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

lets not forget their centre halves and wing back victor moses. That is a team that has been set up to maximise the players effectiveness and minimise the effects of their limitations, Wenger could learn a thing or 2 from conte.
If we had Alonso and Moses we would be slating them every week. Wenger can't do it without around 7 top class players on the pitch.

Very similar to Pep. He's a lower ceiling but higher base level Guardiola.

What is very clear to me is we will never win the league or play Wengerball consistently again if we dont fix the midfield balance. Wenger has never won any title with an inconsistent midfield. The last time we had anything close to a midfield with great balance was 07/08 season which also happens to be the last time we looked like a serious title challenging team and also the last season we played consistent Wengerball. Every game that season was entertaining as hell.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What is very clear to me is we will never win the league or play Wengerball consistently again if we dont fix the midfield balance. Wenger has never won any title with an inconsistent midfield. The last time we had anything close to a midfield with great balance was 07/08 season which also happens to be the last time we looked like a serious title challenging team and also the last season we played consistent Wengerball. Every game that season was entertaining as hell.
This needs to be taped to Wenger's forehead. he needs to work on the midfield and let go of his babies (Ramsey/Coq). Get another good CM in.

Hunter Zolomon

This needs to be taped to Wenger's forehead. he needs to work on the midfield and let go of his babies (Ramsey/Coq). Get another good CM in.
i keep saying it, we actually need coq, he has the second highest amount of interceptions. If he plays a defensive mid role he excels at it. Ramsey is the one that has to go, he seems to excel at new hairstyles and nothing else.

i keep saying it, we actually need coq, he has the second highest amount of interceptions. If he plays a defensive mid role he excels at it. Ramsey is the one that has to go, he seems to excel at new hairstyles and nothing else.
The thing is i dont even think Ramsey is this terrible player, he is just a victim of Wenger's inability to maximize the team just like Oxlade, Wilshere,Alexis, Walcott etc. I feel we have the players (yes Ramsey included) but the system and formation is betraying them and our great manager aint doing nothing about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom