• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

blaise

I see AMN as a much better Elnenny in a year or two which is just what we need, a player you can combine with almost anybody

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I see AMN as a much better Elnenny in a year or two which is just what we need, a player you can combine with almost anybody
Very impressed with him. Didn't jump in like Coq or Xakha but shepherded players out of the danger zone.

Still learning but very promising.

Fallout

it was a good performance but i think the forum overall is reacting a bit too positively.

i remember the days when our kids would completely dismantle teams in the league cup and early fa cup ties. carlos vela in particular looked like a football god, producing chip shots from any and all angles. the point is, these sorts of games arent enough for us to draw reliable conclusions.

again, it was a good performance but southamptom were very poor yesterday and i think several of our regular middies would have looked just as good as AMN and Ox.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think some are a little too eager to downplay what was an encouraging performance against a midfield that wasn't as inexperienced or lower quality as people are making out. It wasn't world class or anything but it was a very good performance regardless and a display of attributes that most definitely could be of great use in the near future. These guys will never be ready if they don't receive the opportunities they work hard for, he deserved one and he is making the most of it so far. I, for one, hope to see more first team outings for him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think some are a little too eager to downplay what was an encouraging performance against a midfield that wasn't as inexperienced or lower quality as people are making out. It wasn't world class or anything but it was a very good performance regardless and a display of attributes that most definitely could be of great use in the near future. These guys will never be ready if they don't receive the opportunities they work hard for, he deserved one and he is making the most of it so far. I, for one, hope to see more first team outings for him.

Agree. He's 19 now, it's time he got used to some premier league games. We're one of the top clubs in the world and if we have an opportunity to have a starter who's been in our academy almost his entire life, we have to give him the same kind of chances that other players are getting at his age, now's the time imo.

There's no Santi, Xhaka or Wilshere right now, I think we should play him against Watford tomorrow with Ramsey. I like Coq as a squad player but I don't see him as a key player in our team moving forward, I've thought out of all our youngsters AMN might well be. Remember him completely shutting down Wesley Sneijder a couple of years back.

scytheavatar

Established Member
again, it was a good performance but southamptom were very poor yesterday and i think several of our regular middies would have looked just as good as AMN and Ox.

Crystal Palace was an utter joke against us and yet we kind of struggled to put them away........ I also remember Ramsey and Xhaka getting dominated by Leicester City reject Paul Gallagher.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Agree. He's 19 now, it's time he got used to some premier league games. We're one of the top clubs in the world and if we have an opportunity to have a starter who's been in our academy almost his entire life, we have to give him the same kind of chances that other players are getting at his age, now's the time imo.

There's no Santi, Xhaka or Wilshere right now, I think we should play him against Watford tomorrow with Ramsey. I like Coq as a squad player but I don't see him as a key player in our team moving forward, I've thought out of all our youngsters AMN might well be. Remember him completely shutting down Wesley Sneijder a couple of years back.

Good to see I'm not alone, I said yesterday we should play him vs Watford :) Its a great opportunity to give him some PL experience and rest Ramsey or Coq for Chelsea. I would even consider Ox & AMN vs Watford.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Big words from Arsène. I hope he is ready to back them up by giving him more game time. As most here know, I am not a fan who worries about academy products in the team, as I think that a good chunk of them just need an opportunity to shine. AMN is probably the most ready tactically, technically and close to physically. While his time in first team football has been relatively mixed (loan at Ipswich), he has shown huge potential in a number of areas. The main takeaway for me? He has virtually no weakness.

You have someone in the middle of the park; he has pace, stamina, a good aptitude for ball-winning, is technically sound, has a good and varied passing game, defends laterally and (owing to his development as a winger) a good dribber. He may be lacking in PL experience and certainly that will play a part in any teething problems he may encounter when he's given more games but there is no denying his ability and potential IMO and you'll only know he's ready when he plays. I think he also can improve in some of these areas and could become a top quality midfielder if he works hard enough.

His positioning in the Soton game surprised me (both on and off the ball) - if he keeps that up, he definitely has a place in the first team squad. I am rooting for him!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His positioning in the Soton game surprised me (both on and off the ball) - if he keeps that up, he definitely has a place in the first team squad. I am rooting for him!
I had grown used to our Midfielders (Ramsey :mad:) being way ahead of the play, so everytime I saw AMN clamly sitting near the centre circle made me very happy. His positioning and recovery speed were truly outstanding in that game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I had grown used to our Midfielders (Ramsey :mad:) being way ahead of the play, so everytime I saw AMN clamly sitting near the centre circle made me very happy. His positioning and recovery speed were truly outstanding in that game.
There's a clip of the Watford game at the 30 second mark that shows Coquelin on the touchline while Mustafi has posession. There's literally no midfielder within 10 yards of him. Why was he there? Where was Ramsey?

Xhaka would have been there to receive and I'm inclined to believe - going by his performance v Soton - AMN would also have done the same. He has enough engine to receive from deep and still advance play. There's a multitude of ways he can be used here, it just depends on what. Anything could happen with AMN, but with such a varied skillset, he could become really, really good. Remains to be seen.

BobP

Memri Fan
With the exception of Xhaka and Cazorla the rest of our midfield options are uninspiring, may as well throw in AMN and Ox and see if they can revitalize it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just found out that he's the cousin of one of my good mates and is from ends.

Just like Iwobi that's now two Arsenal players who I'm one degree of separation away from knowing. Desperately close to that free season ticket. :(

By the way I see no reason why he shouldn't play this season, I tend to make calls pretty early on with young players (like Iwobi) and he's definitely not your average talent. Stick him in there and see what happens.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Just like Iwobi that's now two Arsenal players who I'm one degree of separation away from knowing. Desperately close to that free season ticket. :(

By the way I see no reason why he shouldn't play this season, I tend to make calls pretty early on with young players (like Iwobi) and he's definitely not your average talent. Stick him in there and see what happens.
I said in Coquelin's thread somewhere (and probably the reserves thread) that AMN is Coquelin's competition. Wenger is trying to replicate Coquelin's ball-winning with AMN, but AMN is obviously a lot more secure on the ball. May not be quite as tigerish yet but he doesn't necessarily have to be if he shepherds as well as he did v Southampton.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I said in Coquelin's thread somewhere (and probably the reserves thread) that AMN is Coquelin's competition. Wenger is trying to replicate Coquelin's ball-winning with AMN, but AMN is obviously a lot more secure on the ball. May not be quite as tigerish yet but he doesn't necessarily have to be if he shepherds as well as he did v Southampton.
Knew he was a smart kid but I was wowed by his positioning, maybe I have a soft spot for young players but I think I spent a third of that game just watching his movements off the ball. The angles he provided in possession were excellent and his defensive positioning was just...wow.

His ball winning was very accurate too and what I really like is he has the pace (and soon the power) that is becoming more and more essential in central midfield these days. I'm more than willing to give up some tenacity for what AMN can provide when we do have the ball, besides Xhaka has enough of that for the whole squad. :lol:

I know he's young but how many young players have established themselves due to injuries and never looked back. Chances are low but every player starts somewhere right?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Half hoping Coq gets an injury to kick-start the AMN revolution

Hunter Zolomon

my mates brother regularly goes clubbing with zaha, dude turned up at a wedding i attended. Small world.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom