• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I can accept the poor work on the field as a direct result of Wenger's mismanagement.

However him sticking around as manager could not necessarily just be him. There could be something more to this issue.

Arsenal, including Wenger, need to be clear with the supporters and stop trying to be all mysterious. Our new era at Arsenal is just more of the same, and it has to stop.
I don't think there is any mystery, the board are happy so long as we get top 4 and will keep giving out contracts accordingly.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Tuchel or Sampaoli for me. And either one we choose, we should give them time. The first season might be ugly.

After Wenger, I expect us to improve tactically (if we choose the right manager) but I doubt we'll be as good in the transfer market. If only we could keep Wenger only for transfers and talent nurturing but then give the actual coaching to somebody better equipped for modern football

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't think there is any mystery, the board are happy so long as we get top 4 and will keep giving out contracts accordingly.

The question I'm asking is. How sure are we that this is the only reason for our situation?

We need to club to be clear on their intentions, even if its to their own detriment. They owe us that much at the very least.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Tuchel or Sampaoli for me. And either one we choose, we should give them time. The first season might be ugly.

After Wenger, I expect us to improve tactically (if we choose the right manager) but I doubt we'll be as good in the transfer market. If only we could keep Wenger only for transfers and talent nurturing but then give the actual coaching to somebody better equipped for modern football

I'm struggling to look at our recent transfers and pick out a player he signed that was a typical out of nowhere Wenger gem. Koscielny is probably the last one. There's been plenty of terrible buys since then.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sarri could possibly suit us he like to play beautiful football he doing great job at Napoli also he said before he dream to manage in PL.

I don't know what the board will do after Wenger leave. They so weak they'll rather to extend Wenger contract then appoint a new manager

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sarri could possibly suit us he like to play beautiful football he doing great job at Napoli also he said before he dream to manage in PL.

I don't know what the board will do after Wenger leave. They so weak they'll rather to extend Wenger contract then appoint a new manager

This is the thing people think Wenger will leave and all of a sudden we'll start showing more ambition, surely the board offering him a new deal no matter where we finish tells you all you need to know about the current board.

The board will not appoint a character who'll challenge them, they'll want a quiet manager who gets on with the job no matter what circumstances they're in and does throw up a fuss because City are spending £300 million in one summer while we're having to make compromises and trying to figure out which position we should prioritise and which position we should go to the bargain bucket for. You could argue we need a goal-keeper, left-back, another top midfielder and another top goalscoring forward in the summer. We'll probably have about £100 million in total to spend, consider that a top forward alone in the current market would probably be £60 million + then we're left with under £40 million to fill three important positions. Meanwhile City are splashing their cash on a new left-back, right-back, centre-back and a new midfielder in the first few weeks of the window and are already looking towards pre-season.

With our current board it'll take an unbelievable managerial achievement to win the title, unless all the big clubs fall off like last season which probably won't happen for another 50 years.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This is the thing people think Wenger will leave and all of a sudden we'll start showing more ambition, surely the board offering him a new deal no matter where we finish tells you all you need to know about the current board.

The board will not appoint a character who'll challenge them, they'll want a quiet manager who gets on with the job no matter what circumstances they're in and does throw up a fuss because City are spending £300 million in one summer while we're having to make compromises and trying to figure out which position we should prioritise and which position we should go to the bargain bucket for. You could argue we need a goal-keeper, left-back, another top midfielder and another top goalscoring forward in the summer. We'll probably have about £100 million in total to spend, consider that a top forward alone in the current market would probably be £60 million + then we're left with under £40 million to fill three important positions. Meanwhile City are splashing their cash on a new left-back, right-back, centre-back and a new midfielder in the first few weeks of the window and are already looking towards pre-season.

With our current board it'll take an unbelievable managerial achievement to win the title, unless all the big clubs fall off like last season which probably won't happen for another 50 years.
It will get worse before it get better we are not manutd man city or Chelsea that spend 200M every season to get things right we can't do that yet. If we got things wrong we could end up being Liverpool that will settle for midtable. People should understand that getting rid of Wenger won't make huge change unless we appoint a great manager who had very good experience with top clubs.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And with our current fan base leading by c**t like DT blud/fam claude Heavy D(Boom!) if the new manager lost 2-3 games straight they'll want him to be sacked just look at Liverpool fans they want klopp gone already :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

It's not like there isn't room for improvement in the transfer market. Given that Wenger has left us short pretty much every year since Paddy left I would say that the bar is not particularly high.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

Sarri is a world class coach but would he suit Arsenal at this stage? Incredible job at Napoli though. I read somewhere that Eddie Howe went to watch him train Empoli when Bournemouth got promoted. Sachi from time to time praises him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sarri is a world class coach but would he suit Arsenal at this stage? Incredible job at Napoli though. I read somewhere that Eddie Howe went to watch him train Empoli when Bournemouth got promoted. Sachi from time to time praises him.
I don't know but I think he ready for top club after his success with Napoli he play a quick attacking football just when we used to be with Wenger

Preacher

Always Crying
C35oQq4UEAARaMw.jpg

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't know but I think he ready for top club after his success with Napoli he play a quick attacking football just when we used to be with Wenger
Yeah, he does seem like that. I'm worried if his age, language barrier now and working in a more pressure club would get in the way. What do you think of Montella? He'd be my dream coach to come in at Arsenal. Plays amazing football too.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah, he does seem like that. I'm worried if his age, language barrier now and working in a more pressure club would get in the way. What do you think of Montella? He'd be my dream coach to come in at Arsenal. Plays amazing football too.
Language won't be big problem conte didn't know English before he came to Chelsea. About montella yeah I like him too but will still at Milan for more years

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the language barrier could be a problem post Wenger, as being able to speak several languages fluently has been a big asset in the past, and something the current squad would miss

not a problem with Benitez though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom