• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's medical team. The Worst in the Premier League?

The Gooner

I tried to find a thread on this topic but could not, so I've decided to make one myself.

It's seems that our medical staff are one of the worst in the Premier League. For quite some time now, Every season we have 1-2 long term to key players that derails our campaign. And most often players get re injured before returning. Take Cazorla for instance, first the surgery was delayed then he got diagnosed with some other "hidden" injury. I mean do our players even get frequent examinations done? And when our players take a knock during the game they are usually feeling it for 3/4 more games. This doesn't happen at other big clubs and a team like Sp**s who play such physically demanding pressing football still don't have long term injuries.

The best example is Jack, even Bournemouth has managed to keep him fit. Something is seriously wrong with our medics. For a club with our riches we should be recruiting the best doctors/physiotherapists in the world!

This has become quite a chronic problem now and must be addressed. Otherwise even a new manager will have to face this same dilemma of having his important players out for months.

Discuss

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We seem to have improved significantly over the last 18 months. PhysioRoom has us joint 6th least injuries at the moment.... Always used to the ones with the most.

Santi seems to be struggling physically for a couple of years now & Ramsey will have issues with his hamstrings indefinitely but outside that a good season.

Hard to blame the club for Jacks recent injuries as the last two long layoffs were impact related which is impossible to prevent.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey has definitely been mismanaged - there's no question about it. There have been two examples from this season alone where he was played when he shouldn't have been

1. Season opener; and
2. Watford

I know for a fact that there are direct quotes from Arsène saying he knew about Ramsey's hamstring issues prior to the opening day kick off yet still played him.

As for Oxlade - well there's the farcical CL tie vs Barca where he injured himself screwing up a counter yet was permitted to continue to play until half time, and I believe for a period after HT despite clearly being injured.

Hunter Zolomon

I tried to find a thread on this topic but could not, so I've decided to make one myself.

It's seems that our medical staff are one of the worst in the Premier League. For quite some time now, Every season we have 1-2 long term to key players that derails our campaign. And most often players get re injured before returning. Take Cazorla for instance, first the surgery was delayed then he got diagnosed with some other "hidden" injury. I mean do our players even get frequent examinations done? And when our players take a knock during the game they are usually feeling it for 3/4 more games. This doesn't happen at other big clubs and a team like Sp**s who play such physically demanding pressing football still don't have long term injuries.

The best example is Jack, even Bournemouth has managed to keep him fit. Something is seriously wrong with our medics. For a club with our riches we should be recruiting the best doctors/physiotherapists in the world!

This has become quite a chronic problem now and must be addressed. Otherwise even a new manager will have to face this same dilemma of having his important players out for months.

Discuss
knowing the club, we are probably scrimping money on hiring the best, well anything to maximise profits for the board.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our medical team is fine now.

In the past few years our injury situation has been a result of injury prone players (Ramsey, Ox, Theo, Wilshere etc), bad luck (Welbeck) and older players whose bodies are breaking down (Arteta, Rozza, Cazorla).

Add in a splash of bad management (Wenger admitting to playing player on the verge of injury) and our injury situation is quite normal tbf.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Our medical team is fine now.

In the past few years our injury situation has been a result of injury prone players (Ramsey, Ox, Theo, Wilshere etc), bad luck (Welbeck) and older players whose bodies are breaking down (Arteta, Rozza, Cazorla).

Add in a splash of bad management (Wenger admitting to playing player on the verge of injury) and our injury situation is quite normal tbf.
Have to agree with this. It isn't so much the medics fault as it is a combination of things. The bad management is one of them though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's hard to say whether they've ever been useless or are still useless now.

I know there are a lot of cases that don't get mentioned, where players come back quicker than expected after injury and are fine thereafter. The medical staff don't seem to get acknowledged for those instances.

I think some bad decisions by Wenger, ultimately, has cost us, due to gambling on certain players and playing them before they were completely ready. When you do that, you've done it because you're short on quality in positions. And when you're short on quality, you've fvcked up as a manger. The knock on effect exasperates your injury problems.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

While their are question marks over our medical team and playing players when we shouldn't one thing that is often overlooked is the opposition. Teams think they can kick us to put us off our game and that we won't retaliate so they set about us harder and more frequently than they do against other teams.

Everyone from United to Stoke have had goes at us. We've seen the tackles on Eduardo and Ramsey right through to last season where Debuchy was pushed when the game had stopped. We've never gone out to address this perception and it puts our players more at risk.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ramsey has definitely been mismanaged - there's no question about it. There have been two examples from this season alone where he was played when he shouldn't have been

1. Season opener; and
2. Watford

I know for a fact that there are direct quotes from Arsène saying he knew about Ramsey's hamstring issues prior to the opening day kick off yet still played him.

As for Oxlade - well there's the farcical CL tie vs Barca where he injured himself screwing up a counter yet was permitted to continue to play until half time, and I believe for a period after HT despite clearly being injured.

Ramsey was given a full pre season again after the hammy to get him fit though . You can only take so many precautions with players .

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I think there is definitely something wrong with their methods. I've heard some things from behind the scenes too.

Nothing will be able to convince me that our conditioning methods are on point.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
While their are question marks over our medical team and playing players when we shouldn't one thing that is often overlooked is the opposition. Teams think they can kick us to put us off our game and that we won't retaliate so they set about us harder and more frequently than they do against other teams.

Everyone from United to Stoke have had goes at us. We've seen the tackles on Eduardo and Ramsey right through to last season where Debuchy was pushed when the game had stopped. We've never gone out to address this perception and it puts our players more at risk.
So true. If we had had Mourinho (not that I want him) can you imagine the crying he would do to the press after each match.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Don't forget last season pushing Alexis into the camera pit at Norwich. I know he likes photography but that was a bit OTT.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't forget last season pushing Alexis into the camera pit at Norwich. I know he likes photography but that was a bit OTT.
You could be cynical and say Bellerins injury against Chelsea. Was that a result of its Arsenal be more aggressive?

It's a debate that has never really surfaced much but one that might be worth while looking into.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You could be cynical and say Bellerins injury against Chelsea. Was that a result of its Arsenal be more aggressive?

It's a debate that has never really surfaced much but one that might be worth while looking into.
You're the man to do it, objective, no anger and probably the only normal person on AM :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey was given a full pre season again after the hammy to get him fit though . You can only take so many precautions with players .

True just pointing out that prior to the season opener, he was under cooked and there are quotes from AW acknowledging this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Remember Theo got injured in that disastrous cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday last year when he basically as thrown in without warming up because Ox got injured and then he went down minutes later as well.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom