• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

EoinTheDoog

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here.
Signed up after last nights showing so I could talk to fellow fans about the future of the club etc.

I'm 30 and I've been an Arsenal supporter the last 15 or 16 years, which is when I first started getting into football.

Looking forward to talking to you all

Cheers

Stlavsa

What's up I'm Steve, 35 from the States. Love the premier league and Arsenal the only team I root for. I'm coming over this coming August to catch a game early next season at Emirates. We're really going on our honeymoon to the French Riviera and Ibiza but making the wife stop in London for Arsenal.

danlaw

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here.
Signed up after last nights showing so I could talk to fellow fans about the future of the club etc.

I'm 30 and I've been an Arsenal supporter the last 15 or 16 years, which is when I first started getting into football.

Looking forward to talking to you all

Cheers
You're welcome. What a time to join.

danlaw

What's up I'm Steve, 35 from the States. Love the premier league and Arsenal the only team I root for. I'm coming over this coming August to catch a game early next season at Emirates. We're really going on our honeymoon to the French Riviera and Ibiza but making the wife stop in London for Arsenal.
Nice one there. You're welcome to A-M

danlaw

Hi guys, I'm a new user in this forum.
My name's Matteo and I'm italian and I live in a small city 80 km far from Venice.

I'm a Gunner since 2008, when Arsenal beated Milan - the team I support - in UCL.

I tried to sign up two month ago, but I didn't receive the confirmation mail, so I create a new account.

I hope to discuss about my second favourite team in this forum.
Excuse me for my bad english, but I finished school 3 years ago :p

Bye ;)
You're welcome Matteo

Frankengunner

Hi all, my name is Frank (Frankengunner here). I bet a lot of you are younger than my years as an Arsenal fan. Being new here, I will ask questions, for opinions or post stuff that may have been covered here already. Please bear with me on that, but feel free to direct me to the discussion that has already occurred on the subject. I would very much appreciate that.

Happy to be part of this family.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Hi, fellow Gooners. :bounce: Been supporting the club since 2000. First hero was the Romford Pele; loved his work rate and versatility. The current bunch could learn a thing or two from him. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good to be here. :cool:

neil bignell

Hi everyone, I am Neil, from London England, season ticket holder at Arsenal, i am currently in the middle of completing my university dissertation and need football fans help, if everyone could click the link below and fill out a short questionnaire based on financial fair play i would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

https://goo.gl/forms/HcdS7vhw7OudwgZn2

New to this. Thought I'd start with a rant.

Why is it that you are made out to be the bad one because you expect to receive the best from what you pay for? Am I right to moan at a guy who just forked out a couple of hundred grand on a Ferrari f12 for not being happy with it, just because I drive a battered 1998 Ford Fiesta? "Well you should be grateful that you can even afford it". If you pay top dollar for something then you should expect to receive top quality. Is it fair to say then that us Arsenal fans are entitled to not be happy with what we pay for? Of course we are and don't let anyone dare tell you that you can't just because we're not a "smaller club" and that we should be grateful because we get to see our team play in Europe. Are we right at calling out Wenger on his tactics and his inability to take on the big teams anymore? Yes we are. Are we right to say "hang on a minute, how can he be able to decide when he leaves and not the people above him"? Yes we are. Yes he gave us our greatest times in the clubs history, he may well have prolonged the careers of Arsenal legends such as Tony Adams and Ray Parlour by a few more years, yes he changed the face of English football. But this is all in the past, and we respect that so much and thank him for it all. He took football to the next level and unfortunately for him other football teams caught up and over took and now football has changed its face again, which means Arsenal need to change their's. The Arsenal board don't have a ****ing pair of balls between them to drag Wenger in say to him "look you need to deliver a league title and actually push us to the semi finals at least of in the champions league" and why won't they? Because they don't love this club, all they care about is making a quick buck by sending us on these pointless Far East tours and qualifying for the champions league and getting through the knockout stage as it lines their pockets. They treat the fans like utter ****s as well, when you have them making comments like "thanks for your interest in our affairs", how we are "outsiders" and how they feel they don't have to tell the fans anything that's going on with the club. You're meant to have a connection with the fans because after all, we are the foundations of the club. Arsène is right for them, he delivers that, which you then have to question Wenger and wonder why he's happy to just go along doing that? Every season is the same, you can probably pick a random season from the last 10 and pull out a few news article from around this part of the season and you'll see the same thing. "Arsenal out of Europe" "Board say they have a £100m war chest". Boring stuff, from a boring and predictable club. We spend thousands every season, for that moment when the ball hits the net and we go apeshit and hug the nearest mean looking guy near us in celebration, and that's what it's meant to be about, results. It's the bread and butter of football and being a football fan. You leave the ground either ecstatic or bloody ****ing miserable. These players are a joke as well, they're millionaires living a pampered life playing a sport that we all love and who most pay to play. Would like them to do the trip with all the fans to Middlesbrough and back on the Monday night then get up on the Tuesday to go to work for 9am. Don't feel ashamed at letting them who run it know how you feel because at the end of the day none of them will ever have a ****ing clue how it feels to be a fan all they're concerned about is making money.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
New to this. Thought I'd start with a rant.

Why is it that you are made out to be the bad one because you expect to receive the best from what you pay for? Am I right to moan at a guy who just forked out a couple of hundred grand on a Ferrari f12 for not being happy with it, just because I drive a battered 1998 Ford Fiesta? "Well you should be grateful that you can even afford it". If you pay top dollar for something then you should expect to receive top quality. Is it fair to say then that us Arsenal fans are entitled to not be happy with what we pay for? Of course we are and don't let anyone dare tell you that you can't just because we're not a "smaller club" and that we should be grateful because we get to see our team play in Europe. Are we right at calling out Wenger on his tactics and his inability to take on the big teams anymore? Yes we are. Are we right to say "hang on a minute, how can he be able to decide when he leaves and not the people above him"? Yes we are. Yes he gave us our greatest times in the clubs history, he may well have prolonged the careers of Arsenal legends such as Tony Adams and Ray Parlour by a few more years, yes he changed the face of English football. But this is all in the past, and we respect that so much and thank him for it all. He took football to the next level and unfortunately for him other football teams caught up and over took and now football has changed its face again, which means Arsenal need to change their's. The Arsenal board don't have a ****ing pair of balls between them to drag Wenger in say to him "look you need to deliver a league title and actually push us to the semi finals at least of in the champions league" and why won't they? Because they don't love this club, all they care about is making a quick buck by sending us on these pointless Far East tours and qualifying for the champions league and getting through the knockout stage as it lines their pockets. They treat the fans like utter ****s as well, when you have them making comments like "thanks for your interest in our affairs", how we are "outsiders" and how they feel they don't have to tell the fans anything that's going on with the club. You're meant to have a connection with the fans because after all, we are the foundations of the club. Arsène is right for them, he delivers that, which you then have to question Wenger and wonder why he's happy to just go along doing that? Every season is the same, you can probably pick a random season from the last 10 and pull out a few news article from around this part of the season and you'll see the same thing. "Arsenal out of Europe" "Board say they have a £100m war chest". Boring stuff, from a boring and predictable club. We spend thousands every season, for that moment when the ball hits the net and we go apeshit and hug the nearest mean looking guy near us in celebration, and that's what it's meant to be about, results. It's the bread and butter of football and being a football fan. You leave the ground either ecstatic or bloody ****ing miserable. These players are a joke as well, they're millionaires living a pampered life playing a sport that we all love and who most pay to play. Would like them to do the trip with all the fans to Middlesbrough and back on the Monday night then get up on the Tuesday to go to work for 9am. Don't feel ashamed at letting them who run it know how you feel because at the end of the day none of them will ever have a ****ing clue how it feels to be a fan all they're concerned about is making money.
nice rant..goodish grammar, but shame about the hidden links....

Londonborn

New London born, US based gooner . Not the best time to brag about it right now but at least there's a Wembley date to look forward to !

Hi.
My name's Kellie, I'm 35, from Manchester & a massive Arsenal fan. .

Hi.
My name's Kellie, I'm 35, from Manchester & a massive Arsenal fan.
Though from Manchester I support Arsenal because my nan was a big Arsenal fan & it rubbed off on me & we was very close & did loads together before she died.
I support Arsenal for the both of us now.

Attachments

• 1A5605D8-41AE-4CFA-894C-E7C436BBBAA8-239-00000022E8EF785B.jpeg
    1A5605D8-41AE-4CFA-894C-E7C436BBBAA8-239-00000022E8EF785B.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:

ArsenalLunatic

Probably not the best timing but been lurking here for a few years and decided to finally post. I'm not going to pretend to know more than you all, that being said I'll read more than I post. I adore Arsenal,hate Man U and want to punch Diego Costa so hard in the face that I'm willing to be jailed for it. I'm in the states, NJ to be exact, a few minutes from NYC.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom