• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a balancing act, not sure you'll be happy with a 20M kid who's 2 or 3 years away from performing, while Mbappe is more expensive, he could offer something straight away.

I don't think we're breaking any banks though, for any player, we're Arsenal, the culture has always been conservative.

Probably not over Mbappe, but I'd rather we took a couple of risks on guys like Gabriel Jesus and Barbosa than the likes of Lacazette.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was part of the process that helped pick up Diaby, Sagna, Kos, Nasri etc. All quality.

I'm sure there are French guys we missed out on too that we don't know about.
All the good ones, Dembele, Kante, Mahrez, Martial, Carrasco, Phil Neville.

Token Yank

What's the "right"offer for Mbappe? :rolleyes:
Actually, we have seen number of cases in football where this cliche does not fly. Go back to the Lacazette thread last Summer when I predicted he will not leave, regardless of the offers....
PSG was willing to pay whatever it takes for Neymar, did not happen.
Monaco is a selling club. They have shown that over the last handful of years. Barca selling Neymar is not even close to the same comparison, come on...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Monaco is a selling club. They have shown that over the last handful of years. Barca selling Neymar is not even close to the same comparison, come on...

Dude, you came with the cliche "money talks....", so I was giving you examples where it does not fly and there are many more.
They are a "selling club" but still did not sell Bernardo Silva or Fabinho last Summer when the biggest clubs were chasing them.....It is not that they need to sell Mbappe to survive or balance their books. Silva will surely leave in June but Mbappe is not going anywhere.
Anyway, let's leave it there, if Mbappe is gone this summer, I will happily concede I am wrong, but I doubt it.

blaise

Problem is we dont stand a serious chance for him(maybe if Wenger was commited for next couple of years and convinced he is new Henry), we have to stun Monaco with a first offer like United did with Martial, but it is not how we roll unfortunately, othervise they can just wait a year or two, use him and sell him for big money anyway.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
:rolleyes:

C5N0lcrWIAE5AEp.jpg

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

It's almost as if his destiny is to sign for United, so we can sell him to Madrid during his peak.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only thing we have to offer over other clubs is an uncontested CF role.

Even then he's probably better off staying out at Monaco.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only thing we have to offer over other clubs is an uncontested CF role.

Even then he's probably better off staying out at Monaco.

We don't actually buy young talent at a high price anymore. Chambers was the last and that's at 16 million.

Wenger will argue that he has Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott, Iwobi, Perez , Ox , Ramsey and Alex is. Don't forget Apkom, Sanogo and Mavididi. This has no chance and I'd rather spend 40 million on bakayoko than 50 million on Mbappe.

ARSNLNO1

If Wenger thinks this is an Henry level and player type, then you break the bank, I'm talking bidding 50/60M.

Couldn't agree more, and this will be one that IF Monaco are willing to sell we will need to move for quick and give them what they want. As soon as other clubs get a sniff and it's a bidding war then it's game over for us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Grimandi doesn't deserve much credit for Sagna, he was in the Ligue 1 Team of the Season the year before he signed.

BBF

Not sure, Kos and Sagna pick ups during our budget days was top stuff.

Seen an interview with him a while back, says alot of the time he's had to back off from a player due to non footballing reasons.

Kos was a good pickup, but he led the league in numerous amount of stats, and like @American_Gooner said, Sagna was already highly rated. I find it extremely hard to rate someone who goes off scouting Ligue 1 clubs, and comes back with half the player he was originally scouting.

You can debate the Hazard thing about him not wanting to leave, or over money. But to scout him, and come back with someone who couldn't control a football properly is unforgivable.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The Martial+ range is too great a risk unless you are a United, Bayern, Madrid etc.

Passing on the two Dembeles at 15m & a free is another subject though!

I'd rather take that risk on Mbappe then fill the squad with cloggers like El Neny, Lucas and Gabriel.

Between those three that's roughly 40 odd million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom