• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Really bad management from Wenger today, like special bad:

- Drops our best player
- Continues fielding out of form players (i.e. Coquelin, Iwobi)
- Shifts our best performing midfielder in recent games onto the right wing AGAIN
- Sets the team up to play on the counter but instead of a player who creates/attacks space up front, he plays Giroud
- Still refuses to play Lucas
- STILL doesn't prepare his midfield for the press, not that they would have done much regardless.

Comically bad. The only thing he got right today was finally giving Welbeck some minutes. And he struggled to get into the game anyway but worked hard and scored the goal that got us back in the game.

One look at that lineup and I knew we were going to lose.

He does this from time to time put's the handbrake on the side just when you think we should be aggressive . Our focus should have been to come out hard and aggressive first 20 , in their current mental there would have been doubt . Instead we were hamstrung by those selections before a ball was kicked.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's utterly ridiculous taking that line of thought. I mean look at it in the corporate world. You manage a team of individuals, if they aren't producing that's on the manager to sort it out, not the other way around.
It's only done at Arsenal. Every other fan of every other 'top' club that consistently struggles to get it right when it counts, points at the manager. We even point at their managers. Rodgers, Moyes, LvG, Klopp to name a few. 'Frauds' apparently. Nothing wrong with our manager though. It's not his fault, it's the players that he didn't sign, doesn't pick every week and doesn't piss money up the wall on in wages.

FreakySami

Yeah but you're trying to blame a section of fans and the media for the problems. I can promise you, Arsenal fans are patient, actually too patient and loyal for their own good. It's takes a lot for these kind of reactions. I've wanted Wenger out for a long time, over 5 years and my reasoning then was that he never learns from his mistakes. he hasn't changed one bit

Being patient and cancerous for the past 3-4 years even when we've improved. Ever since arsenal fan TV started, the fans have been worse than ever . It became a platform of hate

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i've stopped caring

i've stopped caring

i've stopped caring

i've stopped caring

GODDAMMIT!

woosah-gif-bad-boys-2.gif

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
One of the worst refereeing this season, if not the. Not using it as excuse or anything like that, just a fact. It was sad.
Can getting yellow when it should have been a red then. Later on he still doesnt get a 2nd yellow, insane.
Ref stopping clear advantage plays twice, unbelievable for a Such high quality league. Clyne kicking the ball after whistle, with clear intention to stop us get quick throw in, didn't even get a look from ref... just to name few.
No one could ever convince me that more then 50% of PL is all just a set up, with less them 50% to play for.
Nothing new, keep saying that since I grew up a bit, cause evidences are all over the place,
PL, CL, or any other league... the only 'enigma' is; how excatly does it all work, cause refereeing is just a tiny little part of the big picture.
Yet, people still like to be brainwashed and entertained by all that :)
As someone said it in here like 2 years ago or so, one od the moat popular members here, but I cant remember who was that; Once Wenger is gone, I dont think I'll watch football at all. It wont happen over night of course, but it will get there. Until the moment Bergkamp becomes someonea assistant here :)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we actually played decent football, like what Hull or Swansea would play. but not ARSENAL football. An AFC team would have found a way to win.

They had Lallana and Mane and fcuk else. They subbed coutinho yesterday at 80 minutes. Maybe it was because we were ****, or maybe he is/was ****.

Liv would bite our hand off for a player like Özil or Alexis or Welbeck or Iwobi or Kos or Ox.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One of the worst refereeing this season, if not the. Not using it as excuse or anything like that, just a fact. It was sad.
Can getting yellow when it should have been a red then. Later on he still doesnt get a 2nd yellow, insane.
Ref stopping clear advantage plays twice, unbelievable for a Such high quality league. Clyne kicking the ball after whistle, with clear intention to stop us get quick throw in, didn't even get a look from ref... just to name few.
No one could ever convince me that more then 50% of PL is all just a set up, with less them 50% to play for.
Nothing new, keep saying that since I grew up a bit, cause evidences are all over the place,
PL, CL, or any other league... the only 'enigma' is; how excatly does it all work, cause refereeing is just a tiny little part of the big picture.
Yet, people still like to be brainwashed and entertained by all that :)
As someone said it in here like 2 years ago or so, one od the moat popular members here, but I cant remember who was that; Once Wenger is gone, I dont think I'll watch football at all. It wont happen over night of course, but it will get there. Until the moment Bergkamp becomes someonea assistant here :)

The game is certainly rigged to some degree in my opinion. What is disappointing is that in addition to this we are not preparing for these eventualities.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think you're being overly sensitive.
Not really. A lot of fans think the Christmas party should be cancelled if we're not challenging which I think is a bit OTT. It's all about perception and there's something "off" about a lot of our players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger is finished tacticaly that's why he always getting beaten easily by big teams he stubborn to change his tactics so results like yesterday against a team who is off form is not surprising at all.

Other manager would have figure it out after what happen against Chelsea man city Munich away that if you put a midfield who is slow poor under pressure you will get beaten easily. Buts its Wenger I bet he'll start Coq-xhaka away against high pressing team.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately it wasn't a nightmare. What an absolute mess and we've Bayern and Man City coming up with Tony Pulis thrown in between.

Let's all go get drunk!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately it wasn't a nightmare. What an absolute mess and we've Bayern and Man City coming up with Tony Pulis thrown in between.

Let's all go get drunk!
Yea it's easily can get ugly man city westbrom both on form too I don't care about Munich game its already over

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another game where we were tactically found wanting. We have had two weeks to prepare against a Liverpool team that are as transparent as us in the way they play.

They press. They struggle vs deep lying defences. So you set your team to soak up pressure and hit them on the break if you are defensively sound. We are not. Therefore you pack the midfield and move the ball around quickly to beat the press via numbers then transition with pace.

Instead we play Giroud up top and a midfield duo that both struggle to turn in possession. We then play a number 10 who is out of form and looks to pass the buck rather than take responsibility.

We were set up to fail from the start. If Welbeck was fit enough to start. He was fit enough to play central. If you are going to go with a number 10 only Alexis can be justified in having that freedom.

Why not go with a midfield 3? Why not drop Coquelin and play Xhaka with two mobile players? Or if your going to go wit Giroud why not play Alexis behind him with Walcott and Perez wide to get crosses in the box?

If Wenger cannot come up with a viable game plan with two weeks to work on it then he isn't a good enough coach anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom