• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He's also leading the team in assists and as we all lament in the match threads, we've got 1 or 2 other players who can actually string a pass together. You still haven't answered how you think the team is going to overcome other teams strengthening in addition to replacing Sanchez's production. I suspect it's because you can't. The other teams aren't just going to sit on their thumbs. They will improve.

Not like we can stop them spending though is it?? They'll improve even if Alexis stays. All I'm saying is we've had far worse players and had the same outcome. He's a part of the team that is underachieving.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette upfront & Zaha wide. :cool: Anything above a bonus... Will be no CL, Wenger or star players come the summer.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Alexis often doesn't perform in big games because the opposition targets him by marking him out with several players. Why can they do that? Because our other players aren't as threatening as he is, and can be allowed more freedom with the knowledge that they won't be that effective.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That's why we need to add to him. It takes pressure off of him, and would make it hard for teams to target anyone because another player would be able to step up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Aubamayeng and Mahrez.

Morata, Mbappe etc.
Auba doesn't want to come here, he wants Madrid. Mahrez has fallen off a cliff. Morata is a big game player but still unproven as the main man at a club and Mbappe is a kid. The players who you would think are pretty much guaranteed to perform here (Lewa,Dybala,Griezmann) are not coming.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not like we can stop them spending though is it?? They'll improve even if Alexis stays. All I'm saying is we've had far worse players and had the same outcome. He's a part of the team that is underachieving.
Right but it's better to have a player of his level than not. Of course he's part of the team. If there's blame to go around for underachieving he's pretty low on the totem pole though.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I agree with you. I would love to keep Sanchez but if there is a new manager I can accept him going. I just feel like we have to keep in mind that the kind of players we need to challenge on every front regardless of who the manager is are going to cost us money that the club hasn't shown a willingness to spend. Being able to keep Sanchez and add to him rather than outlay a massive transfer fee for someone else and still have holes to fill is the quicker way to remain a destination for top players and go about raising our profile.

For me, Sanchez is not irreplaceable, tbh. He's a very good player, but I think he's limited, but that's my personal opinion that people will rightly consider highly debatable. I believe there are better players out there, and when I say better I mean with better attitude, discipline, and footballing nous.
We've certainly lost better players before.
What we really need is a new manager. Let's start by establishing the right architect. Without the right manager to design a new balanced team it really doesn't matter who we have, how much we spend or who we bring in.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reports are that he was dropped due to a training ground strop. The players sided with the manager. If that's the case, he seems to have sealed his move away. Interesting to see if he starts on Tuesday.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He has just replaced Giroud's goals anyway. Except Giroud scored more against the big sides tbf to him.
Yeah, we need another top class forward in the team anyway but selling Alexis means we'll need 2. Do you trust the club to sign the players needed to push on?

happyhappy

Can't wait till he leaves tbh. We'll battle for top 4 with/without him, couldn't care less.
If he's such a winner why did he get dumped at one of the biggest L taking clubs then? Bye
Do you honestly trust anyone at this club who have left us short of players more often that not to achieve that? I certainly don't.

Judging from past history, we will most likely end up with someone like a Rooney.....

Watching the last few matches, Sanchez may not be the only one, i bet there are more unhappy characters in that dressing room.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mahrez is tricky. He's a talent, but his attitude means he'd stagnate like many players here have. I get the feeling that he'd try a bit, but would quickly become lazy knowing his abilities are enough for Wenger to afford him starts. This season has shown to me that he doesn't have his heart in the sport.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, we need another top class forward in the team anyway but selling Alexis means we'll need 2. Do you trust the club to sign the players needed to push on?

If he wants out he'll leave for free and the situation will be much worse because we'll have no money coming in for him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

If he wants to leave, it doesn't really matter though, does it?

We could cope with just replacing him if we get a new manager.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom