• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Tbf I can't even say if Alexis' behavior was bad or good.
I'd rather take this than Cech or Bellerin post game declaration when they say we lacked focus and hunger. Just to play exactly the same way in the next game.

At least Alexis story shows he'a really concerned by how the things are going right now.
Exactly!!! There is a clear reason for his actions. When I see posters saying things like "He wants to win and when he doesn't he throws his toys" I want to die.

That is what Arsenal has become. An absolute example of mediocrity. Where fans would rather have overpaid prima donnas who care more about their instagram/twitter accounts than they do about winning. And when we finally get a winner, we piss him off with **** tactics, hopeless displays and gutless performances until he snaps and decides that this dream he was sold is just that, a dream.

So much wrong at this club and Alexis is just a symptom of it. Matters not if he stays or goes. The future looks bleak.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That's a part of the job. But Wenger clearly handled this poorly. That's why he rarely goes for a strong personality player IMO.
And why we seldom land the right player. As you mentioned, 99% of the big players come with big egos. That is what happens when you pay someone excessively for a career in sport. (Or anything for that matter).

happyhappy

Without a doubt the Chilean has been the most important player for us this season. Some mentioned that he actually hasn't improved the team much. It isn't just about his goals and assists. He's very much an all rounder. Besides his goals and assists, we are going to miss out on his work rate, dribbles, pressing from the top and ability to take on players one on one.

happyhappy

Tbf I can't even say if Alexis' behavior was bad or good.
I'd rather take this than Cech or Bellerin post game declaration when they say we lacked focus and hunger. Just to play exactly the same way in the next game.

Tired of hearing the same things over and over again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That is pretty much her argument though mate , it hasn't made a difference . Quite frankly if it's a bust up with the team - team wins .
I understand her argument, which is basically that we're that deeply flawed that is doesn't matter who we lose. But that must have to mean you want Wenger out desperately, because seeing players of his quality want out directly because of his ineptness is unacceptable.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Surely time to open an Alexis (out) thread in the transfer rumour section?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Alexis may or may not have done something off the pitch. Regardless of what he has done he still gives it his all on the pitch. Compare him to Hazard last season who completely downed tools resulting in his manager getting fired. It would have been so easy for him to do the same and he hasn't. That to me is a sign of a professional.

BobP

Memri Fan
You can see from Wenger's earlier teams that he kind of let the players have it out because they all had a similar mentality. So even if there was some dispute he didn't seem to intervene because he knew they had the character to sort things out.

It became more problematic as time went on, especially after our move to the new stadium, with the composition of the playing squad changing which was linked to the influx of younger players. Anyhow, he probably tended to stay away from players and or sell those who were problematic or domineering in some way.

I think that recent talk Sol Campbell did was very revealing, found it very insightful because he lays bare the contrast. It's cool when the dressing room is filled with winners, Wenger doesn't necessarily intervene in that dynamic, however when the players are meek losers, Wenger doesn't seem to have the agency to instill a certain culture so to speak.

Optimistic

Well I personally never bought into the rumours that Alexis was going to leave in the summer until now. If Ornstein is reporting that he had a bust up with other players at training then I certainly believe it. And while that doesn't necessarily mean he won't stay, he's certainly unhappy for the moment, and that doesn't bode well.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If he goes il be pissed, we have mediocre mentality no wonder he wants to go. If he leaves its 100% on wenger pathetic!!!

Preacher

Always Crying
Some interesting bits from arseblog's newest piece:
Yesterday, reports emerged that the Chilean had been left on the sidelines after storming out of training following a bust-up which continued into the changing rooms. From what I hear, he had a slanging match with a very senior teammate, not one of the young players as is being reported, and stormed off.

Who can be this senior teammate ?

There was also a feeling that last summer he might well be on his way out of the club. See if you can remember our pursuit of a very high profile player who ended up at another Premier League club. It appeared to be almost nailed on, but then went dead … just like that.
The player in question wasn’t being brought into augment the squad, he was a replacement for Alexis if he went. So it’s fair to say that things between Arsenal and Sanchez have been strained for some time.

I bet, he's talking about Mkhitaryan.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yesterday, reports emerged that the Chilean had been left on the sidelines after storming out of training following a bust-up which continued into the changing rooms. From what I hear, he had a slanging match with a very senior teammate, not one of the young players as is being reported, and stormed off.

There was also a feeling that last summer he might well be on his way out of the club. See if you can remember our pursuit of a very high profile player who ended up at another Premier League club. It appeared to be almost nailed on, but then went dead … just like that.
The player in question wasn’t being brought into augment the squad, he was a replacement for Alexis if he went. So it’s fair to say that things between Arsenal and Sanchez have been strained for some time.

So they kept him an extra year despite knowing he's not really committed to staying here, allowing his value to go down considerably. Sounds about right with this board/manager.

GBGooner

To be perfectly honest I don't like Mr Sanchez's attitude..

The guy is pushing 30 and I think its time to cut ties and best for both parties. He thinks he's bigger than the club.

Don't care if Özil wants to go too

Im sorry I dont usually hit on peoples opionions your entitled to but your an idiot. You dont like his attitude? Who's attitude exactly is it that you do like? Ramsey? Theo? Coq?

If you were working with a complete load of rubbish and you were by far and large the best and hardest working with no forward thinking from the company you were employed by beleive me you would start throwing your arms up and shouting about it. He wants to win, something the players around him know nothing about.

We haven't had a player like that in years, not just the world class part, and not just one of the top top players in the league, a player thats not afraid to raise his voice and give someone some stick when there not putting a shift in, and now he is doing it people like you are complaining its crazy you sound ignorant!

Im guessing you probably wasnt a fan of Tony Adams attitude either right?.....

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

There were also rumours last year that Alexis wanted a release clause put into any new contract which, if true, shows that he's been looking for an escape route for a while now.

As for the 'very senior teammate,' there's only one man on the squad who thinks of himself like that:

tumblr_inline_mgxif0cMCg1qjoyi9_zps5a111542.gif~c200

Optimistic

The player in question wasn’t being brought into augment the squad, he was a replacement for Alexis if he went.
Now normally I try to act as a voice of reason. All these reports and stories are sparsely sourced and most of them, including this one I bet, have no truth in them.

But let's say we were in for Mkhi. This logic right here is a massive problem at the club and I can't understand it. Why aren't players being brought in to augment the squad? Why are we only allowed 2 high-salaried, top quality players in the squad at a time?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

From what I hear, he had a slanging match with a very senior teammate, not one of the young players as is being reported, and stormed off.

See if you can remember our pursuit of a very high profile player who ended up at another Premier League club. It appeared to be almost nailed on, but then went dead … just like that.

Senior player. Koscielny, Cech, Coquelin, Monreal, Walcott, Ramsey, Giroud, Ox and maybe Welbeck? If I was to narrow it down it would be Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott or Giroud though hardly fair on Ramsey as he's been out virtually all season.

Agree on Mkhitaryan cannot think of another wide man who we tracked who ended up elsewhere. And it would have to be a wide man to replace Alexis at that stage.

karl

Alexis may or may not have done something off the pitch. Regardless of what he has done he still gives it his all on the pitch. Compare him to Hazard last season who completely downed tools resulting in his manager getting fired. It would have been so easy for him to do the same and he hasn't. That to me is a sign of a professional.
If think it is a sign of a player that is coming to the end of his contract and looking for a big pay rise. I don't doubt his ability, but his decision making is becoming worse.

Increasingly he run into defenders and loses possession due to selfish behaviour. Also he demands to take penalties when he is one of the least reliable from the spot. His strike rate is very similar to the much abused Giroud. Maybe we see why he didn't make it at Barcelona and possibly has been playing for a huge pay deal this year.

GBGooner

Let's face it the guys a winner and an absolute key player for us who should be kept at all costs!

How can people turn against him because he expresses his desire to win! Not one player in our squad has his mentality when they cross that white line!

He probably had a few words for them all which they didn't like to hear and they all run to wenger crying! Wenger is to blame for this as much as those players as he should of told them he's correct but wenger does the worst thing possible and Benches our best player!

The club is going down the drain and tbh it's really is embrassing after all the bullshit we have been feed over the years.

Your exaclty right mate, why people are even thinking about turning on him its everyone else that needs to go.

Get rid of all of them minus Koscielny and Bellerin, Mustafi will come good in the end but other than that, none have the quality to play for Arsenal, not if we want to attract and keep players of Sanchez's calibur.

Optimistic

Why are we only allowed 2 high-salaried, top quality players in the squad at a time?
Not relevant to Alexis but I just wanted to expand on this. This January, 2 wingers moved clubs that I think probably would have come to Arsenal if we were really serious about buying them: Draxler and Payet. Both, I think, are upgrades on our current wide options if Alexis is to continue playing at striker. But we didn't get either. I don't know, I just wanted to moan about that.

Get rid of all of them minus Koscielny and Bellerin, Mustafi will come good in the end but other than that, none have the quality to play for Arsenal, not if we want to attract and keep players of Sanchez's calibur.
In my opinion, we only have 5 players who are so-called 'top quality': Alexis, Özil, Cazorla (who's permanently injured now), Koscielny and Cech. Then we have a few players who have at one point or another shown the potential to be great, even if they're yet to live up to it: Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi, Bellerin. The rest of our players would not look out of place at lower-table teams.

Last edited:

_reed_

From what I hear, he had a slanging match with a very senior teammate, not one of the young players as is being reported, and stormed off.

It's somebody who speaks Spanish, I think, Monreal maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom