• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was originally in the Allegri camp but after much thinking there is only 1 optimal choice. A case could also be made for Simeone but the change of style could take a few seasons before we see the effects.

The best choice would be Leonardo Jardim. Now let me explain why. First of all with the exception of Simeone he's a manager who's competing on a tight budget with mega money club(s). Jardim is also a manager who puts tactics above all.

He has had to work with a shoe string budget while also developing some top tier talents. This would be almost identical to what a new manager would have to do here. Jardim has made Monaco one of the most dangerous attacking sides in Europe. When you look at his players compared to the big money clubs this is astonishing. We will never have the best players in Europe. So we need a manager who can create a deadly attack as well as sort out the defence with mostly average-above average players. Jardim is that guy.

Jardim also is top of Ligue 1 with Monaco and they have been the best team in Ligue 1 arguably. We need a manager who can compete with the big money teams on a tight budget and Jardim is this guy.

Another stat for you stat boys is that Monaco have played 28 games and have scored 82 goals :drool: So if you want a defensively drilled team that scores a shet load of goals even though they don't have the best players then Jardim is that guy. Do some research and you'll see for yourself that Jardim makes the most sense given that he'd be more familiar with what he needs to do here and that he's proving he can do it.

Guys like Allegri have been managing at the top teams and I really think they'd struggle here because they won't be used to not managing the best team in the league. All in All we need a manager who can set us up against the bigger/better teams and win. Only Simeone and Jardim fit this mold IMO. Thanks for reading.
This.

I'd definitely add Favre to that list as well.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Read the links i posted. Yes changing shape doesn't equate to a tactical genius but he is much more tactic that Wenger. I wouldnt take what he shows in a workshop like that too seriously as its not what he does at match day level but even still he seems tactical even if he does demand flexability and individual in game intelligence.

I now read them. They certainly bring another view on the topic. Good read, thanks. But the workshop link I posted is just one of many occasions I've noticed Allegri talking about individual players and their freedom/responsibility to "detect the flow of the game" and similiar obscure stuff. Usually that kind of talk means loose organization on the pitch.

But maybe I'm wrong about Allegri. If he ever comes here, I'd certainly be happy to bewrong. One problem with Allegri is also the languange barrier. I know it hasn't stopped Conte or Ancelotti but it's always a challenge. That would be the case with Simeone and Jardim as well, though. That's one of the many reasons I'd prefer Tuchel. He might not have the CV just yet but I think he's a true talent who will have a vwry successful career.

scytheavatar

Established Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...erry-henry-josh-kroenkes-preferred-candidate/

Thierry Henry is the favoured candidate of the son and heir to Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke to replace Arsène Wenger if the Frenchman leaves the club at the end of the season.

The Kroenke camp are big fans of Henry and Arsenal’s all-time leading goalscorer is particularly close to the influential Josh, who was appointed to the club’s board as a non-executive director in 2013.

Henry is currently working as assistant to Belgium national team manager Roberto Martinez and has helped reinvigorate the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Eden Hazard.

The 39-year-old will pass his Uefa Pro Licence in time for the start of next season and has made it clear that his dream job would be to manage Arsenal.

Other than having played at the highest level for Arsenal, Barcelona and France, Henry worked under managers such as Wenger, Pep Guardiola and Aime Jacquet.

His France World Cup winning team-mate Zinedine Zidane is now manager of Real Madrid, while Guardiola took over at Barcelona in 2008 having never managed a senior team.

Kroenke Jr sees no reason why Henry could not take a similar route straight to the top and will make sure the former striker is among the candidates to replace Wenger if Arsenal are forced into a change.

During lengthy discussions, Kroenke Jr is believed to have already picked the brains of Henry on a range of subjects – including his plans to move into management.

RIP us? Kroenke Jr will end up being more influential than his father in deciding who takes over from Wenger.....

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*cking hell I take it back. If it's a choice between Henry and Koeman I'll have Koeman.

The fact they're citing Zidane and Guardiola as why we should hire him is hilarious. The board is going to f*ck this up so badly. Guaranteed.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If they actually appointed Henry i think it would cause a bigger **** storm than the one you'd see if they were to allow Wenger to continue.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With all respect to Henry, and everything he did at the club as a player, how is he in any way qualified to be the manager of Arsenal FC?

I just don't see the logic here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Too true bro.

People mistakenly think that whoever replaces Wenger will have no pressure from the board. Which is drivel.

The truth is, Wenger has achieved club targets for 20 years.That's why he's been under no pressure.

This year we have spent the 4th most money on the squad and Wenger may well drop outside the top 4, so he'll be under pressure from himself and the board to leave. It'll be the first first time he's performed worse than his squad cost position. Worse than the sum of parts.
Your strawmen are getting boring.

4th richest club in England 7th richest in Europe. The board are fine with the manager not making a team greater than the sum of its parts.

In Europe the pressure is even less, 7th richest team in Europe but when was the last time we made it to the last 8?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Imagine if Henry turns out to be the next genius manager? Comes out of nowhere and guides us to a PL trophy and a CL semi-final in his first season (have to be realistic come on)

The scenes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Your strawmen are getting boring.

4th richest club in England 7th richest in Europe. The board are fine with the manager not making a team greater than the sum of its parts.

In Europe the pressure is even less, 7th richest team in Europe but when was the last time we made it to the last 8?
No not strawmen. This is the first year we reached 4th and yes he's failing.

But last year we were 5th and in years gone by we were below Sp**s and Liverpool in squad cost. Wenger has always been better than the sum of parts up until this year.

#selective memory

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No not strawmen. This is the first year we reached 4th and yes he's failing.

But last year we were 5th and in years gone by we were below Sp**s and Liverpool in squad cost. Wenger has always been better than the sum of parts up until this year.

#selective memory
Strawman was relating to the fact I said reduced pressure, yet you're attacking the point that he manages under no pressure?

Are you going to deny that we've underachieved in Europe recently? We haven't tracked our resources at all in that competition. We were actually better in Europe when Wenger had less money.:lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Imagine if Henry turns out to be the next genius manager? Comes out of nowhere and guides us to a PL trophy and a CL semi-final in his first season (have to be realistic come on)

The scenes.

I would not be surprised if that happens really, I have always seen Henry as the ex-Wenger player with the most potential to be a world class manager. He was a highly influential and innovative striker during his day, it was he who popularized the purposely standing in an offside position without the ball tactics.

But the manner he acted as if managing our youth team is beneath him does not impress me. I have a feeling that if he turns out to be the next genius manager he's not going to be staying with us for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom