• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So can you at least pls come up with some evidences/exampls in the last 3 years where walcott actually contribute and help arsenal mount a comeback in the last 10 mins?
Only West Ham was in the last 10 minutes but he's been a part of some comebacks:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Holy ****! I thought we were the kings of overpaying:eek::eek: absolute dross :lol::lol::lol:
That's what happens when your ownership group is from Boston. Foul place. The Tottenham of America really.
56 goals in 76 games is relatively close and his goals under Ferguson was a major part in United winning the league. Oddly enough he scored less that season than he did in his last season here. I think it's completely relevant to compare as what I am comparing is how a manager extracts the maximum out of what he has. Rodgers got the maximum not just from Suarez but also Sturridge and Sterling who both had their most prolific seasons under him while also having the squad do their part in keeping clean sheets and doing the business at the other end. They may have different squads and Klopp may not have the calibre of player ala Suarez but it's pretty useless having that type of player if like Wenger with RVP you cannot extract the maximum from both them and those around them. And the reason RVP is relevant is because Ferguson done exactly that. Got the best from RVP while getting the maximum from those around him. And that's why it's disingenuous. It was an effective unit maximised in all areas. A Stevie Gerrard slip not happening sees Liverpool win the Premier league for the first time
I'll agree he got the most out of Sterling. But Suarez has scored everywhere and continues to be an absolute monster under a binman of a manager and Sturridge scores when fit for club and for country. He only played like 13games in Rodgers' first season with the club if I'm not mistaken and he put up 10 goals or somewhere thereabouts. What Rodgers god out of him which was more by luck than anything else was 29 appearances. All I'm saying is that it's unfair for people to say "Oh look at Klopp he's got an identical record to Rodgers' as a means of slating him while ignoring that Rodgers achieved that record with much better players. I don't even think Rodgers is a bad manager, I just really don't understand how anyone is calling time on Klopp with one summer transfer window in his pocket. By the way I agree 10000% percent with you about Wenger not getting the most out of the players and Ferguson getting the most out of players. I just think that Klopp is getting a raw deal here because it's the media cycle at a big club.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would have thought that after what's coming out about Alexis that the team would have wanted to show that they can compete without him. But they looked as lost as ever.

Preacher

Always Crying
Bellerin:
“We’re very frustrated with how the game went,” he told the club’s official website. “After the tough weeks we’ve had, the team should have gone onto the pitch, motivated and ready from the start.

“In the first half it didn’t feel like we were ready and then we went 2-0 down. We wanted to do everything. We got one goal back and had a chance to make it 2-2, but sometimes it’s too late. We just need to start the games better.
“We need to realise that it’s just not the way to go. We need to push harder, to start the games with a better attitude and just go for it because we showed that when we go for it and want something, we can do it.

“It doesn’t matter about the other team, when we have the ball and push hard, we can score goals. It’s up to us to start the games with that desire, that motivation, and then we can get good results.”

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Bellerin:
“We’re very frustrated with how the game went,” he told the club’s official website. “After the tough weeks we’ve had, the team should have gone onto the pitch, motivated and ready from the start.

“In the first half it didn’t feel like we were ready and then we went 2-0 down. We wanted to do everything. We got one goal back and had a chance to make it 2-2, but sometimes it’s too late. We just need to start the games better.
“We need to realise that it’s just not the way to go. We need to push harder, to start the games with a better attitude and just go for it because we showed that when we go for it and want something, we can do it.

“It doesn’t matter about the other team, when we have the ball and push hard, we can score goals. It’s up to us to start the games with that desire, that motivation, and then we can get good results.”

I don't even know what to say anymore.
Looks like Wenger wrote that speech and had Bellerin read it.

Hyruga

Only West Ham was in the last 10 minutes but he's been a part of some comebacks:
I mentioned last 3 years last 15 min. The west ham one happened in dec 2013.

Even if by any chance you can find one, it still tells us that Walcott is very helpless against a packed defence in the last 15 mins because he hasn't been scoring for the past three years last 15 mins when Arsenal is chasing a game.

Last edited:

mm76

Yer Da
only just had the chance to log in to AM since the match, as was away.

not sure what all this talk about Walcott is about, the biggest cockup was leaving Sanchez on the bench.

That's it now, Wenger immediately has to say he will go at the end of the season ~(if not before)

his decisions are so nonsensical and insane, I fully expect him to start with Ospina up front on Tuesday

i almost wonder if he secretly supports Tottenshite now, and is pursuing a 'scorched earth' policy to destroy this club before he leaves.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Just look at Iwobi's "effort" in defending there.. Pathetic.

Its hard to criticise without knowing what Iwobis instructions were. On that occasion we have 7 vs 4 in the box & there is a Liverpool man free coming from deep.

Mike Vinna

Well.. I didnt watch this because I saw the line-up. How in the hell does that deluded old man dare to bench Alexis. And then play Giroud. Dear God that old git is so done at Arsenal. Instead of the two cups being a stepping stone to bigger things, they were actually lucky wins and we should cherish them because no silverware will be headed our way when our star players leave us yet again in the summer..

Preacher

Always Crying
A breakdown of the events leading to Liverpool's first goal versus Arsenal: how laziness and stupidity cost them in the 9th minute:
WLSEfiQ.jpg

The ball comes into the Arsenal half via a goal-kick. Arsenal's three midfielders of 17-Iwobi, 34-Coquelin and 29-Xhaka make no attempt for the ball (perhaps understandable). 6-Koscielny, questionably, comes out of position to challenge 11-Firmino for the ball, thus creating space for Liverpool's Coutinho and Lallana. Mustafi is out of position when he should be picking up Coutinho
3TehEsi.jpg

Koscielny loses the aerial challenge and the ball is knocked into the space created. Mustafi is still nowhere in picture as Coutinho has time to pick up Lallana who is has plent of space and time to pick a pass. Pay attention to the responses of the Arsenal's mid-three (especially, 17-Iwobi)
WUdCiPh.jpg

Liverpool have effected a 3v3; not an immediate threat to Arsenal's goal (yet). Four Arsenal players are caught out of position. 10-Coutinho cuts in as 20-Mustafi rushes out to challenge Lallana. Monreal tucks in thus vacating space for Mane.
Firmino astutely sensing the possibility of an overload begins his run to the Arsenal's right. Notice the gap between 17-Iwobi and 11-Firmino. All Iwobi has to do is to sense the danger and pick-up Firmino.
EonnXVR.jpg

Lallana sends the ball wide to Mane and Mustafi is taken out of position. At this point it is still salvageable for Arsenal if Mustafi and any one of Koscienly and Coquelin make up the ground. 11-Firmino continues with his run as Lallana joins Coutino. Iwobi still doesn't pick Firmino's run and the gap widens.
0Vg6Fzc.jpg

it becomes a 4v4 as Koscienly and Mustafi make up the ground. At this stage Bellerin is on the wrong side of Coutinho and Coquelin has not picked up Lallana. Iwobi continues to ball watch as Firmino has created an overload on Arsenal's right.
iQKBBmK.jpg

Notice the gaps and how Bellerin is on the wrong side of Coutinho
HDJGhH3.jpg

Mane sends a wonderful across and Coutinho misses. Arsenal survive only for it to fall for an unmarked Firmino (who clearly gives a **** even in the 9th minute of the game, unlike Arsenal's midfielders)
wQtrgWI.jpg

There is still a chance that one of Bellerin or Cech could block Firmino's shot. 20-Lallana is a perfect position to take advantage of such an instance, while Coquelin has given up already. Iwobi has clearly done so much earlier.
98jquqF.jpg

Liverpool are rightly rewarded for their energy and intelligence and Arsenal punished for their laziness and stupidity.

Preacher

Always Crying
Repeat offenders should be benched, but Wenger usually gives them free pass. How many times already this season Iwobi was lazy while defending ?

mm76

Yer Da
How many times already this season Iwobi was lazy while defending

but isn't it depressing that we end up criticising people like Iwobi who only a little while ago was a real bright hope? Wenger is just allowing decay and disorganisation to spread and the team is literally falling apart - it all points one way and that's to him - he just has to say he's going - as soon as possible...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Its hard to criticise without knowing what Iwobis instructions were. On that occasion we have 7 vs 4 in the box & there is a Liverpool man free coming from deep.
That isn't a scenario that you can pre plan for. What happens when Koscielny fails to win a header and if X y and z happen.

What you can pre plan for is a catch all scenario. If we are caught out get back as quickly as possible. Get goal side of a man who looks to be in immediate danger. Talk. If two people goto the same man say to your team mate I've got him look for someone else. If there is nobody else mark dangerous space.

There is zero communication. None from the defence to create urgency from the midfield and none from the midfield to say we are struggling (can't be arsed) to get back. If there were Coquelin sprints back and helps his defence considering Koscielny is way out of position. Iwobi then can linger at the edge of the box potentially marking Lallana or the on coming player who is a good 10 yards from the box.

In the end there is no desire. No understanding that hey this is dangerous. They are breaking three on three and our best defender just got done by a Brazilian in the air and is completely out of the game and we are so out of shape it's ridiculous. Get back.

Its just awful awareness and understanding of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom