• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

_reed_

Djss2DG.jpg

ZKhtq57.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Go watch Bayern match and see how he downs the tool after the fourth goal went in. He completely stopped playing.

If it is true and you think it is a good thing then great. If you have a difference of opinion discuss and fix. Not throw a strop
I dont know. But his work rate has been less in the last few games.

After the season is over, i don t mind. But during the season you remain focused. Play for the team. A player shouting out something is not going to change the club. It only makes it bad PR. So if you are betting on those things for something to happen then good luck!!!

Things need to change now! to save fourth,

ffs do you realize that St Totteringhams day is close to being cancelled this year?

Alexis have ALL rights to complain, he is the one player that has performed on par together with just a few others like Kos

Don't you think they have already kept it in the team? and how has that worked out?

tumblr_nlfb27Knsv1tqv9ono2_500.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think you can compare RVP's situation and that of Alexis. RVP was here for years, spent most of it on the treatment table and gave us one incredible season and went to one of our biggest most hated rivals. By comparison Alexis has been here for 2 seasons and given his all, in fact he's been our best player since he arrived, cant ask more than that. If he was pissed off on Sat, I don't blame him, it was a crazy decision by Wenger that back fired spectacularly.

blaze_of_glory

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Show me where I said that
There is a way to show ur disappointment or whatever. You dont walk out of ur job in the middle of work and let down your team workers and bosses down. Its quiet simple
Its not a democracy. The bolded part there is actually exactly what should be happening. Put their heads down and work. They can do that without being "yes men." Perfectly possible to talk to the manager in private, either individually or as a group, if there are concerns to be addressed. But the manager decides what happens so long as he is in charge (up to the club to decide when that ends), and the players are paid a stupid amount of money to go along with that and just do the best they can for the team.
Yes? It's a ****ing workplace, they're paid to show up and do a job. Imagine if you just walked out at work after an argument with your boss :lol:

There's no argument here. Wenger is the boss, what you think of him means nothing. As long as he's the manager, he's in charge.

Have been thinking about this a bit.

First of all, yes of course the players should do their job and do what the manager asks them to do in both training and in matches. I have no issue with that. But it isn't a rule that cannot under any circumstances be broken. There will be instances where a player needs to be able to make his frustration known. Important to note is that this probably doesn't come out of the blue. Alexis has looked frustrated and irritated for quite a while now. I suspect he thinks what many of us are thinking. That the club isn't progressing, that many players are just along for the ride and a pay check and that Wenger is fine with that.

Secondly, none of us know exactly what was said and done. Maybe Alexis behaved out of order or he had a real reason for having a fit. Regardless he should have handled it better, but I refuse to through him under the bus for this. He is one of our few warriors and he always gives 100%. If we lose him we will be a worse side for it. I find it a poor state of affairs if we cannot deal with one big ego in the team. Especially if that ego belongs to a player who actually does his job week in and week out. I'd rather have one of Alexis than 10 of Walcott et al.

blaze_of_glory

Have been thinking about this a bit.

First of all, yes of course the players should do their job and do what the manager asks them to do in both training and in matches. I have no issue with that. But it isn't a rule that cannot under any circumstances be broken. There will be instances where a player needs to be able to make his frustration known. Important to note is that this probably doesn't come out of the blue. Alexis has looked frustrated and irritated for quite a while now. I suspect he thinks what many of us are thinking. That the club isn't progressing, that many players are just along for the ride and a pay check and that Wenger is fine with that.

Secondly, none of us know exactly what was said and done. Maybe Alexis behaved out of order or he had a real reason for having a fit. Regardless he should have handled it better, but I refuse to through him under the bus for this. He is one of our few warriors and he always gives 100%. If we lose him we will be a worse side for it. I find it a poor state of affairs if we cannot deal with one big ego in the team. Especially if that ego belongs to a player who actually does his job week in and week out. I'd rather have one of Alexis than 10 of Walcott et al.
Yeah I think we would all like more players with Alexis' intensity and of course ability. And you're right that we don't know all the details. But at the same time its pretty well-established that players walking out of training or acting like they are better than the rest of the squad isn't something that can be tolerated.

I think we should expect better from both sides in this. Better performances from the team, and more maturity from Alexis if these reports are true (and there is some indication that this may not have been the first incident he's had while here).

Goonerozil33

Things need to change now! to save fourth,

ffs do you realize that St Totteringhams day is close to being cancelled this year?

Alexis have ALL rights to complain, he is the one player that has performed on par together with just a few others like Kos

Don't you think they have already kept it in the team? and how has that worked out?

tumblr_nlfb27Knsv1tqv9ono2_500.gif
Things might have to change and may be Sp**s might be ahead of us. Also, alexis has been doing well this season. But none of it excuses his lack of effort in the Bayern match. Also, showing your frustration during a match is not helpful to anyone. He is equally a part of the team failure. It is not like Alexis can do whatever he wants because he is playing well. He has to work within the team dynamics to help the team. If he is unhappy with something he should take it up with Wenger and not show it on the pitch.

blaze_of_glory

Alexis speaks ok English doesn't he? Gave an interview in English a while back I thought... And he did one of those unclassic commentary things in English.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Things might have to change and may be Sp**s might be ahead of us. Also, alexis has been doing well this season. But none of it excuses his lack of effort in the Bayern match. Also, showing your frustration during a match is not helpful to anyone. He is equally a part of the team failure. It is not like Alexis can do whatever he wants because he is playing well. He has to work within the team dynamics to help the team. If he is unhappy with something he should take it up with Wenger and not show it on the pitch.
:lol: Lack of effort in the Bayern match? He was the only one who looked like scoring, and actually scored. But even if he was absolute dogsh!tin that game, why pick that game out with his remarkable numbers? This is getting more absurd by the post.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Also, you don't see people wetting themselves whenever Özil hrows strops on the pitch (and he does) while contributing the square route of zilch. Oh, It's because he cares whenever he does it, or the great man just 'expects more'. He also 'deserves better' etc etc.

:lol:

blaze_of_glory

Also, you don't see people wetting themselves whenever Özil hrows strops on the pitch (and he does) while contributing the square route of zilch. Oh, It's because he cares whenever he does it, or the great man just 'expects more'. He also 'deserves better' etc etc.

:lol:
I think you're being a bit disingenuous here. No one on the team has got as much flak for their body language and apparent whinging on the pitch as Özil (well, maybe Giroud). In fact, I almost posted about this very thing, to point out that Alexis is getting a pass by some people for doing exactly what they get sour at Özil for doing. And then saying its because he cares :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think you're being a bit disingenuous here. No one on the team has got as much flak for their body language and apparent whinging on the pitch as Özil (well, maybe Giroud). In fact, I almost posted about this very thing, to point out that Alexis is getting a pass by some people for doing exactly what they get sour at Özil for doing. And then saying its because he cares :lol:
Tbf, I think it was both. Some didn't like it, but most thought it was fine. I was fine with it, personally. It's not like he was stabbing people randomly.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think it's much easier to give a contributing player a pass for an attitude than a non contributing player. Henry was famous for glaring at teammates and just generally being a moody bastard and nobody cared because he was the talisman. Would anyone really like to say they'd have put up with the same behavior from someone like Nasri who was talented but blew hot and cold? It's pretty natural to make certain allowances for players who contribute more to winning that others. Messi isn't a saint by any means but nobody cares because he's box office. This is not something uniquely afforded to Alexis. In sport, in the arts in life those who contribute to projects are afforded a bit of leeway with their conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom