• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOPS

So,Wenger leaves who comes in?
And of course who follows him out the door,back room staff,players?
Does the 'new' manager get an open cheque book to spend on new world class players or does he bring a magic wand and transform what we've got into world beaters?
It's just a thought but whoever controls the contracts there and actually has the key to the safe is going to have to dish a lot of it out in the summer to get someone of top quality management to take over.
All this board have done is allow Wenger to do as he pleases they've left things a little bit too late for drastic changes and Le Prof knows that giving him another contract is telling me that they're happy to count their money from the club season after season they don't care if we get humiliated,there's no love for our club from these people.
I think Wenger should leave at the end of the season with credit and a decent goodbye by from all of us no matter where we finish,he's been let down by 'his' players and they should take as much blame for the shambles in 2017 as he.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I grew up on Highbury estate and went to Highbury quadrant primary school. I could hear the old ground from my flat and remember when Tony Adams came to our school with the double trophies for us to have our photos taken. I even remember arguing over how to pronounce marc overmars when I was year 5 when we signed him. I got to meet Wenger when we won the FA cup in 2014 and 2015.

I'm arsenal through and through. But if the selfish ****s on the Bod ignore the state of what's happening and our fanbase and extend his contract. I will actively be hoping we ****ing implode next season.

No need to hope, we will implode. Sanchez is walking & we'll simply be burdened with more mediocre players looking for a nice relaxed paid tour of London whilst all those teams who used to be rivals will outpace us all the while the parasites masquerading as our board will claim we're a club on the up.

I really feel for our British based fanbase, if I actually lived in London I would've burned down the stadium in protest. Maybe that'd get the message across :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

UN - BE -LIEVABLE!
What's so unbelievable about this? Looking back the last 5-10 years whose record would you rather have, ours or Chelsea's? They have won the league and are running away with it again, the CL and what have we won? Two FA Cups...

To win the big prizes I think you have to go pedal to the metal. This leads to a reaction after a while and a potential drop in performance. Think it, by its very nature, has to be more volatile.

But we don't do that. We want nice, we want the boat to not be rocked and in the end I feel we want 4th place and CL exit in the last 16. Don't think Wenger and the board really want anything else. That is nice, comfortable and enough. If we hope and think differently I think we are fooling ourselves.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
So the league rule is; finish outside top4 and change the coach. If you do that, next season you are back to top4.
Somebody tricked Man U big time

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Arsène Wenger doesn't care what the fans think. This is really really sad. He's told a huge lie there.

The atmosphere in the stadium has gone from crap to zero to toxic, and fans are staging demonstrations. He said years ago, among other things he hasn't been true to, that he'd go when he thought the fans have had enough. They clearly have already, and it will get worse. Not bad enough for him to listen though. So very sad.
Yes it is sad. Have two mates who have thrown their season ticket renewal packs in the bin. One stayed home from the Bayern game. I feel a huge amount of apathy and feeling of haven given up.

This apathy needs to change into anger though! Think fans need to start showing their anger. Stop renewing season tickets. Protest outside the stadium. If we want change it will not come by itself. I firmly believe that Wenger has already signed a contract extension. Nothing is changing unless the fans force it and that by any way we can come up with.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
"I have shown since I have been here that I love this club, that I am loyal to this club and that I make the right decisions for this club."

Make the right decision and leave because the decisions you make for the squad are so wrong it is scary!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This apathy needs to change into anger though! Think fans need to start showing their anger. Stop renewing season tickets. Protest outside the stadium. If we want change it will not come by itself. I firmly believe that Wenger has already signed a contract extension. Nothing is changing unless the fans force it and that by any way we can come up with.
Inciting people to anger? Get a grip man, it's just football ffs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He says the protests will affect his decision.

Tattoo guy says they're protesting again on Saturday. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bet our season ticket waiting list is doubling as we post.

Everybody loves a car crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom