• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry

Biggest ***** in the Arsenal Blogosphere?

• Arseblog

• Le Grove

• Gunnerblog

• Tim Stillman

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thinking about the gulf in class in midfield we've show to the likes of Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Watford etc this season it reminded me of this thread.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/do-we-have-the-worlds-best-midfield.27224/

:lol: :lol:

So much hope not so long ago.
We don't have the best midfield in the world, probably not the prem either, but we've got the best AM in the world.

Mesut ****ing Özil.
I was such a sweet summer child.

Godwin1

Very well-known
People think we'll be able to replace Özil/Sanchez if they leave.
We can replace them to be fair, depending on who's available. Bringing in a good striker will take us up a notch as is. We can locate the players who won't necessarily match them in ability but will help create a more functional balanced team.

How likely do you think this is?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People think we'll be able to replace Özil/Sanchez if they leave.

We CAN easily, whether we will or now is a different matter. For example you get 40-50 million for Alexis and you spend that plus a little more on Lacazette for example and he's probably replicate the goals Alexis gives us while probably being slightly more suited to our style of play.

With Özil you don't even have to get a direct replacement if we switch to 4-3-3, guys like Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, etc would suffice.

It won't make us champions but should keep us competitive for top 4.

say yes

forum master baiter
We can replace them to be fair, depending on who's available. Bringing in a good striker will take us up a notch as is. We can locate the players who won't necessarily match them in ability but will help create a more functional balanced team.

Given that we haven't brought in a good striker in well over a decade, despite being constantly in need of one, I'd say about 5%.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Doesn't exist under Arsène.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I get the 'if you dont laugh you would cry' feeling these days when I hear people who dont think that the main problem that costs us any chance of major silverware is our horrible defensive structure and organisation. It doesnt matter whether we replace Giroud with Lacazette, Dybala or even Lewandowski - our manager doesnt respect the art of defending and doesnt have a clue how to fix it. We are never winning a league title under him because playing 38 games with a wide open defence will only ever end in one result.

mm76

Yer Da
Given that we haven't brought in a good striker in well over a decade, despite being constantly in need of one, I'd say about 5%.

Sanchez, Perez, Welbeck to name but three - Alexis needs no explanation, and the other two simply haven't been given a consistent run in the side because Wenger prefers Giroud

Top Bottom