• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ch-Albion-Premier-League-Juventus-Max-Allegri

Probably bullshit, tho.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
To be honest, I think thats a great opportunity. Whether a new manager comes or a sporting director or both, they could move on or keep players how they want. Hopefully we look at it like that as an opportunity and come up with a new plan with new players.

Absolutely.

It's the best chance we'll have of shipping out the likes of Oxlade, Ramsey & Gibbs and bringing in better players with more consistency and are less injury-prone. I'd be down with letting go of Wilshere & Özil as well. Ideally, Walcott too, but he's probably staying for life and replacing Gazidis.

That said, a large-scale purge may not be practical in the eyes of the club and perhaps the new manager; and there is also the home-grown quota to be considered.

All this, while likely facing the ignominy of dropping out of the Champions League places (and possibly even Europe; we're closer to 6th & 7th than 4th ATM).

Whoever's coming in, I don't envy you.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
an incoming big shot manager would surely be happier if the task was to get us back up near or at the top, rather than maintain a top position - Pep would agree, judging by his latest comments

Xhaka Zulu

I think what he has brought to club far outweighs any negative he's brought to club..

I'm not saying he doesn't need to step down but

3.. don't think for one minute a new manager will fix this mess

This is going to get far far far worse before it gets any better

There are serious problems deep inside our club

Can you expand on this? So he needs to step down, but you feel a new manager won't fix this mess. Why does he need to step down then? To appease the part of the fanbase that wants him gone?

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Ideally, Walcott too, but he's probably staying for life and replacing Gazidis.
This fantastic piece of vision of the future is very Bangladeshi of you. @Kingslayer watch your back you bald cvnt.

And yes I agree with most of what you've said but I'd keep Jack. I think we could manage the HG issue with what we have and also hopefully adding actual HG players from the academy. And yes it does seem a lot of work as well as a lot of change but its what should happen after the mess that is the current state of affairs. The project failed and we need to go up a few levels to move forward with another project.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So it is confirmed a one year deal?

what the fvck is that good for?

even with a cup win why should we let him stay on with even a lesser squad?

4R5Emaniac

Yeah it is for next season not this. Alot of players will be unhappy about not being offered new terms, and the group doesn't look united behind the scenes. He's not helped himself Wenger, and his indecisiveness and emotional attachment to this group is likely to cost him his job. The job could be overwhelming for whoever comes in.
This season is gone imo. We should plan ahead. Thats why I hope we don't hand out extensions before a manager is appointed and hopefully someone above(DoF) who knows how to build a squad according to the requirements.

Yes, Wenger has been too emotionally attached and that has created a big problem-we've actually gone through this process before with the last group of players without much to show for it. His idea of buying up British talent to create a united and family like team has backfired because they aren't actual HG players but players bought from other clubs and obviously the biggest reason being they are not up to the required standard.

Many of the players from the side have been found wanting and given their contract situation, its an opportunity to not make the same mistake for third time consecutively is what I tried to say.

4R5Emaniac

It is not all up to Wenger, there are also other people who decide when it comes to buying or not new players. He taught them all football, starting from Alexis, and now they behave as ungrateful as one can be.

He should go or take another position at the Arsenal Club and leave them with some psycho look alike manager, you know like Mourinho or Allegri so they will have to deal with them.
Sorry but Wenger has most control over which players are bought. Majority were bought by Wenger from other clubs and weren't taught to play football by him but developed.

Personally, I don't mind the idea of Wenger taking another role while there is a new coaching staff working with the first team squad but I'd rather someone who knows what he is supposed to do and not do.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'm not against anyone wanting Wenger out, everyone has a right to a opinion even if it is wrong.

What I am against is the way they are dragging our club's name through the mud and giving rival fans ammunition to take out shots at us.

We need to stand as one, this is the Arsenal it isn't a tin pot club we have traditions and core values that mean we need to act in a respectful manner..

Please this needs to stop this is dragging arsenal down far more than Wenger is..
The way the team has performed is doing that. Not the fans.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This season is gone imo. We should plan ahead.

We should not plan ahead, we should plan onhead as in NOW

New manager in starting MONDAY

It is the best possible scenario because both outcomes works

A: He gets us top4, great job the team and him pulled thru, silly season starts with a positive feeling in the club, he gets the cup glory and a new era has dawned

B: the worse case scenario, we don't get top4 or the cup. harsh but in reality not the new gaffers fault. silly season starts with an urgency. we should behave like Juventus when they were dropped to Serie B, they frekkin bounced back! and had a legauetitle 2 years after being back.
a good transfersummer a solid run for 4th and a Europa League win and a new manager should have a titlecontending team

with Arsène stil at the helm for even a single year not to mention two? we will be battling relegation ):

Elmo15

The team is the most responsible for the current awful run for sure. But, when I hear 'fans' chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' at Wenger for substituting an obviously injured Sanchez, well, that's a new kind of dumb. And NO respect whatsoever let alone any understanding of the game
Does wenger speak with logic ??!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger would never sign a one year deal as it puts so much spotlight and pressure on him and his team every week next season.

"This is your last home game v Utd, this is maybe your last FA Cup game, this is your last visit to Anfield" etc.

He'll stay on a multiple year deal or go.

law90026

Established Member
Can't believe I've been away for an extended period and people are still able to debate Wenger staying on.

He's actually holding the club to hostage now by not stating what his position is and leaving it to the last. If he stays till May before declaring that he's done (and moving to Barcelona or PSG), that would be one final **** you to the club.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Wenger would never sign a one year deal as it puts so much spotlight and pressure on him and his team every week next season.

"This is your last home game v Utd, this is maybe your last FA Cup game, this is your last visit to Anfield" etc.

He'll stay on a multiple year deal or go.
I can't see him signing for two years either, as with his oft repeated mantra of always fulfilling a contract, he would not see himself getting out if it all gets even nastier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom