• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Following on from yesterday the Wenger PR machine that is John Cross is running a story about Wenger's summer targets, which includes names like Reus, Mbappe, Lacazette, Dembele. Arsène will be given in excess of £100m to rebuild the squad. Jeremy Wilson is also running the same story. The PR department has gone into overdrive.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alexandre-lacazette-kylian-mbappe-top-10064719

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-drastic-summer-overhaul-effort-end-arsenal/
They should be talking about players they are getting rid of in the summer. As a farmer I know that if you want fresh leave and branches from a tree, you need to prune the old branches off first. The squad is overly bloated. Our pay bill is massive as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The fall out between Wenger and Sanchez shouldn't be surprise. I have always felt that Wenger surrounds himself with a bunch of yes - men and falls out with anyone with a strong personality. The links below seem to prove my point.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-persie-told-wenger-which-players-to-sign-for

http://www.eifsoccer.com/articles/featured/investigating-arsenal-Arsène-wenger/

I will try and list down all the major fall outs. I seem to recall Wenger falling out with Viera because Viera advised Ashley Cole to ask for an extra £5000 a week in wages. Viera was swiftly sold on.

A few years after that Wenger fell out with Sol Campbell. I don't know why but my hunch is that Cambpell may have voiced an opinion. We know what happened to Sol after that.

We know Thiery Henry was competitive. He must have voiced his opinion about the quality or lack of quality in some players. By the way in 2005/6 season Thiery did say that Fabrigas does not suit the 4 - 4 - 2 formation. We know what happened to Thiery. A player of his quality sold on the cheap.

Gilberto Silva refused to convert to central mid and Wenger quickly got rid of him. There was Gallas of course, strong winning mentality. I recall how he would take it to himself to fire up players.

Fabregas, even though he owed so much to Wenger and Arsenal quickly decided to move on. Nasri, moved on too. Arshavin came to Arsenal as a good and motivated player. It soon became apparent to him that the club lacked ambition. He went on to play with no motivation as well.

Basically all the winners and good players quickly move on. Wenger is then left with the not so good ones who owe a lot to Wenger. So they can't argue or voice their opinions. He pays those players well too. How on earth has the club not realised that Theo, Ramsey, Giroud don't have the technique required to play at the top level. How many opportunities to get rid of these players have they missed? Ok these guys are good in some things, but hey Giroud can't even run 20m with the ball. Theo can't even manage 20 passes in 90 minutes against a week side let alone a strong one. Ramsey's first touch reminds me of Bedtner and yet he is a central mid fielder. I could add Coquelin, Welback to that list.

All those examples are pretty poor tbh. Gilberto and Vieira were done at the top when we sold them. I mean Gilberto was outperformed handily by Flamini in his final season and went to Panathinaikos. Vieira and Henry were still good when they left but nowhere near the levels they were with us.

What happened to Sol I still don't fully understand, remember him turning in possibly the worst performance I've ever seen, then he apparently had a break down at half time and then he was gone soon after. The guy was a complicated man.

Gallas was not a leader or a winning personality. He threatened to score own goals at Chelsea because they played him at left back ffs. There are various stories out there of him being a c**t through and through, also fostering a clique atmosphere when we had a huge amount of Francophone players.

If anything Wenger's biggest mistake was giving him the captaincy and not binning him sooner. This idea that Wenger is attracted to beta individuals is absolute bollocks, the invincibles from Jens to Henry were supremely arrogant and assertive and he had no problems handling them.

Edit: Found this article from the time of Sol's departure. Looks tenuous at best linking this to a clash of personalities with Wenger.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/feb/03/sport.comment1

say yes

forum master baiter
Following on from yesterday the Wenger PR machine that is John Cross is running a story about Wenger's summer targets, which includes names like Reus, Mbappe, Lacazette, Dembele. Arsène will be given in excess of £100m to rebuild the squad. Jeremy Wilson is also running the same story. The PR department has gone into overdrive.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alexandre-lacazette-kylian-mbappe-top-10064719

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-drastic-summer-overhaul-effort-end-arsenal/

Haven't we heard that before :lol:

African Flair

The only possible scenario where it might not couse a total ****storm this year about the announcement of said contract is if Alexis is 110% committed to Arsenal and signing a deal as well.

This summer is huge for the club. It's clear as glass that Wenger won't win a damn thing with his squad or even compete. If he stays new players is needed, a lot of players needs to be bought and sold.

Last edited:

inchpractice

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread, I didn't know where else to post this.

As our performances get worse I'm becoming increasingly fascinated by the number of people who STILL want AW to stay.
It started months ago when the first serious Wenger Out protest happened during a home game. Watching it on TV I was amazed at how feeble the protest was and how few fans joined in with it. Not to mention the fights that broke out because of it.
I couldn't believe that so few people in the stadium wanted him gone!
I just assumed that the whole stadium would be awash with banners and that 50,000 odd people would comfortably drown out the rest.
The protests are louder now but there are still fans in the stadium violently objecting to the banners, not to mention the plane banner in favour of him.
Are there really still people out there who genuinely think he should stay at the club next season? Why?
I'm genuinely fascinated to know.

I used to defend him when he didn't have the money but now that he has it there are no excuses.
What possible leg to the AKBs have left to stand on?

When confronted with the AKBs I'm usually offered the same old reasons:

1. Be careful what you wish for.

Also known as "Name one person who can do a better job."
This is just total and utter bollocks to me, unmitigated donkey jizz.
Why on earth would anyone in their right mind fear change just because it's change? "Look at Man Utd." they say. Yeah? I am looking at them, so what? They chose Moyes who's a good manager but it didn't work out. They chose LVG who's also a good manager but couldn't cope with the PL. Now they have Maureen so they'll be fine.
In summary, it took them 3 managers to get it right but now they have superstar players and every chance of winning something in the next 2-3 seasons.
I would take that in a heartbeat. 3 seasons of pissing about before finally ending up with a top manager is no great sacrifice. What have they lost?

You know why AKBs want to you to name someone who'd do better? Only so they can shout you down with: "He's rubbish though, he's only had two good seasons/ he'd be no good in the PL." etc. etc.
It's not even about which names you like or don't like. The assertion that there's no-one in the whole world that can do a better job than AW is arrogant, naive and completely stupid.
Sadly, this is how our board feel.

2. We can't compete with the oil money.

a) Leicester
b) While there's an element of truth in that, how do clubs like Liverpool manage to find/attract top players with a lower wage bill e.g. Suarez, Coutinho etc? c) How did we manage to finish above City and Chelsea last season? d) Why are Tottenham currently four places and nine points above us when they have a much lower wage bill and a squad that's not as good as ours on paper? I'm sure they'll Sp**s it up come the end of the season but still, it's a valid question.
We need a manger who makes us punch above our weight, not below it.

3. Don't you realise what he's done for the club? He deserves respect e.g. John Cross (Mirror).

Yes of course we do, we all do but that's not the point. Just because you want a legend to leave the club it doesn't mean you don't respect him or don't appreciate what he's done for us. It'll be a sad day when he leaves but he still has to leave.
The doubles and the Invincibles are a long way in the past. How much time to you give a club legend to put it right?
How much slack do you give a manager that brought so much success to the club? The short answer is not THIS much.
For winning all those trophies he deserved about six to eight years of not winning the league imo. That would put us about 2010 - 2012 - a long time ago.
Since then he's continually made the same tactical mistakes, we crash out of the CL to the same teams in the same way and for the same reasons.
We fail to win the league with different players but for the same reasons and in the same way every year.

4. We get to watch good football every week, what are you moaning about?

Oh f**k off.

So please, can anyone on here tell me why they still support AW because as I say, I'm genuinely fascinated to know.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Probably the same for us, no? Wenger demands a lot of our CBs, which makes it quite hard to judge Kosc, Mustafi, etc.'s abilities in comparison to other defenders.

TBF Mustafi excels in the build up and I love his mentality , he has weaknesses but he is dynamic and aggressive . You are right is what I am trying to say :)

carlito'sway

Established Member
The fall out between Wenger and Sanchez shouldn't be surprise. I have always felt that Wenger surrounds himself with a bunch of yes - men and falls out with anyone with a strong personality. The links below seem to prove my point.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-persie-told-wenger-which-players-to-sign-for

http://www.eifsoccer.com/articles/featured/investigating-arsenal-Arsène-wenger/

I will try and list down all the major fall outs. I seem to recall Wenger falling out with Viera because Viera advised Ashley Cole to ask for an extra £5000 a week in wages. Viera was swiftly sold on.

A few years after that Wenger fell out with Sol Campbell. I don't know why but my hunch is that Cambpell may have voiced an opinion. We know what happened to Sol after that.

We know Thiery Henry was competitive. He must have voiced his opinion about the quality or lack of quality in some players. By the way in 2005/6 season Thiery did say that Fabrigas does not suit the 4 - 4 - 2 formation. We know what happened to Thiery. A player of his quality sold on the cheap.

Gilberto Silva refused to convert to central mid and Wenger quickly got rid of him. There was Gallas of course, strong winning mentality. I recall how he would take it to himself to fire up players.

Fabregas, even though he owed so much to Wenger and Arsenal quickly decided to move on. Nasri, moved on too. Arshavin came to Arsenal as a good and motivated player. It soon became apparent to him that the club lacked ambition. He went on to play with no motivation as well.

Basically all the winners and good players quickly move on. Wenger is then left with the not so good ones who owe a lot to Wenger. So they can't argue or voice their opinions. He pays those players well too. How on earth has the club not realised that Theo, Ramsey, Giroud don't have the technique required to play at the top level. How many opportunities to get rid of these players have they missed? Ok these guys are good in some things, but hey Giroud can't even run 20m with the ball. Theo can't even manage 20 passes in 90 minutes against a week side let alone a strong one. Ramsey's first touch reminds me of Bedtner and yet he is a central mid fielder. I could add Coquelin, Welback to that list.

What a load of rubbish. Worst attempt at revisionism ever.
Dude, if you want to go that route, try to know the facts first.
By the way, would also help if you could spell the players names
correctly as well. GTFOH!

scytheavatar

Established Member
As our performances get worse I'm becoming increasingly fascinated by the number of people who STILL want AW to stay.
It started months ago when the first serious Wenger Out protest happened during a home game. Watching it on TV I was amazed at how feeble the protest was and how few fans joined in with it. Not to mention the fights that broke out because of it.
I couldn't believe that so few people in the stadium wanted him gone!
I just assumed that the whole stadium would be awash with banners and that 50,000 odd people would comfortably drown out the rest.
The protests are louder now but there are still fans in the stadium violently objecting to the banners, not to mention the plane banner in favour of him.
Are there really still people out there who genuinely think he should stay at the club next season? Why?
I'm genuinely fascinated to know.

The vast majority of the fanbase clearly wants Wenger gone, or at least do not mind him stepping down, but there are still a lot who subscribe to this "Wenger deserves respect" nonsense. I suspect that as results continue to flounder and Wenger remains arrogant more and more fans will wake up and realize Wenger has become an enemy of the club. Someone who cares more about himself than the future of the club. Still our fans are such pathetic c***s that I am not sure what it will take for them to rise up and protest in masses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom