• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

blaze_of_glory

Might be safer to just wait for a sale. The game will only get better with patches, etc anyway. Only reason I'm contemplating grabbing it at release is because I have a few games to trade in.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Loghain was a ****, but a **** with convictions. There is something incredibly attractive about characters that stand by their convictions and would die for them. Besides, he wasn't exactly wrong about Cailan. He was going to divorce Anora and basically merge his country with Orlais, the very tyrants that Loghain expelled from Fereldan.

While obviously most of Loghain's actions were flawed at best, I loved how patriotic he was. "There is nothing I would not do for my homeland," it's the sort of nationalism that is very dangerous, but it admirable, all the same.
Loghain was a tactical idiot tho... How to get rid of the weak king? How about hiring assassins or politically alienate him? Naahhh lets sacrifice our army in a crucial battle... Loghain McTyr is more of brute instead of a tactician

Things like that makes me enjoy how Emhyr var Emreis moves in Witcher series. Pinpoint the strong leaders of the North, schemed with witches to weaken their rule/country, and send assassins to neutralize the leaders before invasion. Now that's tactic.
If only Radovid racists portrayal were backed up with a genuine positive side of his actions (like Ulfric Stormcloak in Skyrim, guy is a racist to the core but understandable) I would have been more confused on which path to take.
Besides those two, there's Foltest who is awesome, and Henselt who is simply my most hated video game character ever.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Not yet. Still waiting for solid reviews from people I trust before I commit to an ea game.
I just watched this review. Seems like a pretty good overview of the good and bad. Sounds like if you liked the old games you'll probably like this, even if it has some issues. Gameplay seems great.

I'm gonna grab it this weekend, got a couple games to trade in and I've been looking forward to more Mass Effect for a long time.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Based on some reviews from people I trust, I bought ME:Andromeda.
I've played about three hours so far, and I'm loving it. IF you're willing to take that role as Pathfinder, exploring worlds while helping your species settling in a new world, you'll love it.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'll download it and play it after work. But I'm not going to tell anyone. It's going to be like my guilt pleasure.

I've **** talked this game so much over the past few months. You don't understand.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
It all depends on how well you're able to somewhat....put aside what happened in the first trilogy / Shepard at all. It's a new story, but an exciting one (so far).

blaze_of_glory

Based on some reviews from people I trust, I bought ME:Andromeda.
I've played about three hours so far, and I'm loving it. IF you're willing to take that role as Pathfinder, exploring worlds while helping your species settling in a new world, you'll love it.
If you like it then I'm even more hopeful. You seemed to really dislike DA: I so I'm assuming that you don't see too much similarity between the two games? I didn't mind DA: I, but it was pretty forgettable in the end.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Do you guys generally get much time to play?

I tend to play as a stress-buster, just before/during projects. Usually CM 01/02 or the Arkham series.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I stopped playing BF1 because my online sub finished and I cant be arsed to waste 20 seconds setting it up before I play again. Disgusting.

blaze_of_glory

Got Andromeda. About 2 hours in and it's great so far. Feels just like good old Mass Effect.

Now to find more time to play between my whiny child and the inlaws over for the weekend...

Gervais

Established Member
Buzzing for this year tbqh

Nintendo Switch (and assoc games)
Stardew Valley Collectors Edition
Yooka-Laylee
Red Dead Redemption 2
New WW2 Call of Duty

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
If you like it then I'm even more hopeful. You seemed to really dislike DA: I so I'm assuming that you don't see too much similarity between the two games? I didn't mind DA: I, but it was pretty forgettable in the end.

I'm now ten hours in and I really like it to be honest.

It has humour, it has depth and the graphics are great too.
I really like how they did the side quests, and even the "Get me [amount] of [XYZ]" quests are far better implemented than they'd been in DA:I for example.

The combat is so much better than any previous ME or Dragon Age game too. Feels slick, intuitive and well made all in all.

The crew members are unique and funny, and their "origin" stories are interesting as well - I'm sure their quests will be a bit more interesting than those in DA:I. The dialogues are better than in DA:I too, the way they replaced the Paragon-Renegade system is also something positive.

Here and there you meet some characters that knew Shepard, which is pleasing if you finished the Trilogy.

It has some elements of DA:I, but it feels far more polished, better thought-out and "rounder" as a whole game.

E

Enoch

Looking at my white limited edition PS Vita (the original model 1000), man this machine is sexy. Linked it with my PS4 and was playing ML in PES '17 on it and played beautifully, it's a shame Sony didn't do a good job of marketing it, it's such an amazing handheld, the power of it, graphics, when my mates are on the PS4 i can still be in the party with them and chatting from the Vita, just everything about it. I still play it now and always check the new releases every year, though it's a small amount. Just wish Sony never gave up on it, companies still want to create games on it thankfully, they're still in awe of it, and a Sony executive did say that every time they talk about a new project with a third party they always ask if they can make it for the Vita as well, sure it ends up a no as we can see through the small amount of games coming out every year, but it's cool to know they at least still think about it.

:(

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I decided to buy Battlefield and not FIFA 17 I made good decision enjoy it so far. Until FIFA fix up thier gameplay I'll buy thier game.

Also played uncharted 4 damn good game.

League of legends.

How is overwatch? All I see is my brothers picking some gun character and camping the full match.

Couldn't stand the camping in CS at the time. Quake was a lot quicker and better in that area.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mount and Blade Warband

god dammit it is great, hard to establish yourself like a bandit thou

I have gone up to about 50 men 3 times now, only to get defeated and have to start over.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom