• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martinez: The Best Backup Backup Keeper in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
a_fourteen said:
We currently have three keepers who came through the ranks starting in prem sides - Szczesny, Fabianski and Manonne. By the looks of it Martinez could make the grade as well. That's a pretty impressive turnout for the academy.

Not sure about that, we signed Fabianski as a 22 year old and Martinez was a hyped teen when we got him at 18 from Indipendiente. Don't see where we find credit for our academy.

Bit like Barca, who nick kids at 16/17 and pass them off as products of their system.

a_fourteen

Established Member
GDeep said:
a_fourteen said:
We currently have three keepers who came through the ranks starting in prem sides - Szczesny, Fabianski and Manonne. By the looks of it Martinez could make the grade as well. That's a pretty impressive turnout for the academy.

Not sure about that, we signed Fabianski as a 22 year old and Martinez was a hyped teen when we got him at 18 from Indipendiente. Don't see where we find credit for our academy.

Bit like Barca, who nick kids at 16/17 and pass them off as products of their system.
Fair dos but keepers bloom later so getting them at 18 or 22 is still young. My point being we wont need to buy a keeper for a few years if we use Szczesny and Martinez wisely.

Arsenal in Aus

I find myself not getting anxious when the ball ends up in our box. He commands the area calmly and confidently. That take he made out at the edge of the 18-yard box against Southampton was well judged and well taken. Not spectacular, but just well judged and confident. That's what you want in a keeper. I don't want to get too excited, but based on initial indications we have a decent keeper in Martinez, especially for 3rd choice.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Tall, calm, decent distribution & patient.

Should have been the #2 years ago after the mini run. **** short keepers!

Impact

Established Member
Martinez's physique suits the Premier League and he does the basics well. Like him a lot. Think his distribution is underrated too. Happy with him as No. 2 next year, if we sell Ospina/Szczęsny and choose not to buy a Čech replacement.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He always does this when he gets a chance. Then he ****s up later on.

Got a clanger in him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's a solid keeper, I hope to see more of him. Not necessarily because I think he's a guaranteed solution, but Ospina and Cech aren't and Martinez deserves a chance to prove himself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He look huge in goal too good body strength and good height that what David Ospina lack

Wryer

I think the kid (?!?!) deserves a fair chance. Good size, decent distribution. And I honestly cannot remember a boo-boo from him yet.

The massive upgrade people are missing is his ability to speak good English and communicate effectively in the box. It's massive massive attribute for a GK. With Cech, Ospina, Ches and Martinez, it's another area we need sorting out in the summer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Far better than anything Cech has produced lately. Might be the best keeper performance since Ospina v PSG.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Very happy to give him a run. He's a big guy but still very athletic and at 24 he will only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom