• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't

I remember in 2012 I wishlisted Robben and was told by almost everyone in the lobby at the time that he was incredibly overrated and was finished due to injuries. The next season he had his greatest season as Bayern won everything. :lol:

Imagine having Robben and Sanchez. They are to predictable. :mad::mad::mad:

#AMlogic

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm really not a fan of all this revisionism and saying "I said x would be a good player, was mocked but needless to say I had the last laugh."

I for example said Schneiderlin would be a poor signing when he was at Southampton but I also said Gabriel would be quality for us as well.

If you practice 10 free kicks and only score one, which one will you be talking about?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I remember in 2012 I wishlisted Robben and was told by almost everyone in the lobby at the time that he was incredibly overrated and was finished due to injuries. The next season he had his greatest season as Bayern won everything. :lol:

"He's very predictable".

"He always cuts in from the right to shoot".

"He only has one leg".

"You can stop Robben if you block his left leg".

Theoretically all those are true but 80% of the time he sh*ts on all of them :lol:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Interesting thread. This is not exactly qualified and from another forum but if I said it here at the time I did, I'd have gotten ridiculed at an even greater number than that.

Aritz Aduriz- I saw him play for Valencia this one game when he came on as a sub and decided he could be a really useful player as a rotation striker for us at Arsenal within few moments of his play. He was like around 27/29yrs old, not prolific and few knew him. When I mentioned this in a forum everyone got at me however they could. I just said that I'd stick to my evaluation despite not knowing how to explain it at the time. Few months later he rejoins Athletic Bilbao and the rest is history. Late in his career but goals galore and for a few seasons to boot.

There are others obviously and I'll probably share them later but that was special and the most satisfying for many a reason.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury get off his account please.
Joel wasn't even potty trained before I predicted he'd be world class. It wasn't the hardest call in the world, but you can only be right...

@GDeep™ I said this about Neymar in Nov 2011

He's phenomenonally good.

I've seen plenty of him. He's up there with Messi and Ronaldo IMO. Breathtaking skill, trickery, speed off the mark, awareness of other players; he's a brilliant passer of the ball. He has the ****ing lot and a bag of chips and would tear the arse out of europes best.

As you say, many were calling him Robinho 2.0 at the time. Tbf, unless you were watching Santos games, it would have been easy to pigeon hole him as another Brazilian hype machine.

Anyway, pissing contest ends here!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lallana- I have been saying since his Southampton days what a quality all round player he is but the majority of this forum have considered him a joke untill this season.

Ben Gibson - Impressed everytime I've seen Boro this season. Gibson should be a starting England CB along with Keane in my opinion.

Harry Maguire - similar to Gibson, everytime I've seen Hull this season he has been their standout player.

Joel Ward - For several seasons I've said I would welcome his signing. Very solid defensive fullback.

In the past:

PEA - Seems funny now but two seasons ago me along with one other poster on this forum (sorry I've forgotten who it was) were the only ones in favour of signing PEA on the rumour thread to which the majority of posters stated he is no better than Giroud.

Barry - consistent player whose reputation unfairy never recovered after a young Özil took him apart.

Denilson - unfairly scapped goated and no where near as bad as many posters made out to be and was technically astute player.

Vivas - again not as bad as many people made out, solid back up full back.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Lallana- I have been saying since his Southampton days what a quality all round player he is but the majority of this forum have considered him a joke untill this season.

Ben Gibson - Impressed everytime I've seen Boro this season. Gibson should be a starting England CB along with Keane in my opinion.

Harry Maguire - similar to Gibson, everytime I've seen Hull this season he has been their standout player.

Joel Ward - For several seasons I've said I would welcome his signing. Very solid defensive fullback.

In the past:

PEA - Seems funny now but two seasons ago me along with one other poster on this forum (sorry I've forgotten who it was) were the only ones in favour of signing PEA on the rumour thread to which the majority of posters stated he is no better than Giroud.

Barry - consistent player whose reputation unfairy never recovered after a young Özil took him apart.

Denilson - unfairly scapped goated and no where near as bad as many posters made out to be and was technically astute player.

Vivas - again not as bad as many people made out, solid back up full back.
I've always rated Lallana. Quality player. He'd walk into our team, easy. Interesting list.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lukaku. Most underrated player on here imo, legit people saying he wasn't an upgrade on Giroud less than 12 months ago because of a "lack of first touch". 21 goals and 6 assists this season. Top scorer in the league, playing for Everton. Yet he's never in any teams of the season on here and called a fraud.

Oh, and he turns 24 in a month. He's around the same age as Chamberlain, yet one is a fraud and the other is one of the brightest prospects in England. Sound logic.
That last paragraph. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

PEA - Seems funny now but two seasons ago me along with one other poster on this forum (sorry I've forgotten who it was) were the only ones in favour of signing PEA on the rumour thread to which the majority of posters stated he is no better than Giroud

Might have been me actually, I remember wanting to give him a chance after his St Etienne season where he top scored from the right wing. Funnily enough I wanted him as a Walcott replacement.

Giroud

Established Member
Pogba. Quality player but most don't appreciate his talent because of the price United signed him for.

Dani Alves. The amount of stick this guy would get for his defending was ridiculous. All defenders in an attacking pressing system get exposed when a team beats the press because there is simply a ton of space to cover but he did a fantastic job covering and also was key in attack for both Sevilla and Barcelona. Both himself and David Villa (also underrated) were key providing that width and attacking threat on the wide right to allow Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to flourish. Still going strong at 33 for Juventus.

BobP

Memri Fan
Interesting thread. This is not exactly qualified and from another forum but if I said it here at the time I did, I'd have gotten ridiculed at an even greater number than that.

Aritz Aduriz- I saw him play for Valencia this one game when he came on as a sub and decided he could be a really useful player as a rotation striker for us at Arsenal within few moments of his play. He was like around 27/29yrs old, not prolific and few knew him. When I mentioned this in a forum everyone got at me however they could. I just said that I'd stick to my evaluation despite not knowing how to explain it at the time. Few months later he rejoins Athletic Bilbao and the rest is history. Late in his career but goals galore and for a few seasons to boot.

There are others obviously and I'll probably share them later but that was special and the most satisfying for many a reason.

Great call.

Top Bottom