• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Promotion & Relegation

mm76

Yer Da
Just wondered if anyone had much interest in this. My main interest is in Hull, I’ve very good friends who support them and Silva seems like a great guy and a good manager - unbeaten at home, at Hull or his previous clubs in three years - I’m actually hoping that if his career stays on the up he could manage us one day...

Sunderland are obviously down, and it shows just how c**p Moyes is - - read this: “I’m looking forward to winning trophies and being successful again,” Err, this is what he’s ‘won’ so far: Football League Second Division 1999-00 with Preston North End; Community Shield 2013-14 with Manchester United ... and Sunderland have already said he’ll stay for next season - those poor fans...

Boro also look dead to me, seem to have added nothing to the PL.

So for me it’s those two, plus one of Palace, Swansea or Hull.

I do think Hull could well stay up, because of the above and also Palace have 5 of the top 6 to play and even though one of those matches is against us and therefore very winnable ;) I think they are in big trouble

Swansea seem to have lost their way big time – they even lost to West Ham – but their run-in isn’t as bad as Palace so maybe they will scrape some points

So I think it will be

16 – Hull

17 - Swansea

18 - Palace

19 - Boro

20 – Sunderland

mm76

Yer Da
Palace won't get relegated, tough fixture list but I back them to grind out more points.

yeah i think it will be close between them and Swanseea, it's just that run-in and the fact those teams all have a lot to play for in terms of the top 4 etc

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Would love to see Fat Sam & Palace getting relegated. Sadly, I think it'll more likely be either Hull or Swansea, probably the latter.

Moyes is a charmless, uninspiring manager whose sides play some dour stuff. Good riddance to Sunderland - they've been an eyesore and barely clinging on to PL status for a few years now. Boro can also do one.

Looking forward to watching Brighton & Huddersfield in the league next year.

mm76

Yer Da
Would love to see Fat Sam & Palace getting relegated. Sadly, I think it'll more likely be either Hull or Swansea, probably the latter

yeah me too re Fat Sam, though they do have that run-in and Chelsea victory notwithstanding, now people are more wary of them maybe they'll find it more difficult.

but otherwise yes really hope it's Swansea, Silva doesn't deserve to be relegated IMO

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
i_Yx_Ko_Hzqp1_A.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Silva will keep Hull up I feel, Swansea will probably go down as a result.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really couldn't care less. I enjoy it when the teams that over committed themselves in the EPL with minuscule fan bases explode upon relegation. Foundations on quick sand.

mm76

Yer Da
Really couldn't care less. I enjoy it when the teams that over committed themselves in the EPL with minuscule fan bases explode upon relegation. Foundations on quick sand.

tbf i don't think Hull have done that, not sure if it's because they simply don't have the resources or because they have chosen not to over-extend themselves. Also i seem to recall Swansea under that great philosopher Brendan Rogers stuck with much of the team and playing style that originally got them into the PL

also that's the kind of thing that smaller clubs' fans say is really arrogant about fans of teams like Arsenal who are (now) so used to being at the top of the table they don't know what it''s like to be one of the 'lesser' teams - but those teams enjoy their days in the sun adn increasingly outdo expectations - I'm sure Lecester fall into your category but look at what they achieved

and who would you have rather been on Monday night - an Arsenal fan or a Palace fan?*

*to which, yes, i know the answer is an Arsenal fan because a) it's Arsenal and b) Palace is in South London which is s***e but hopefully you get the point...

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Whoever goes, Brighton are coming up as it stands. A day out at the seaside next year! A friend of mine supports Brighton, so I'm pleased for him.

Yeah. Meanwhile, Gollum is driving Wonderland down the hole and the fans want him gone.

'“We want Moyes out,” chorused home fans after André Ayew gave Slaven Bilic’s visitors a fifth-minute lead and the crowd booed the Scot every time he ventured out of his dug-out, including when he went to collect a couple of loose balls.

“I did hear the chants,” admitted Moyes, whose side scored their first goals in eight games. “But they were to be expected. You have to take it. I just remembered that I’ve got the third or fourth best win record of any Premier League manager."'

The nerve. :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's kinda normal that at least one team who went from Chamionship to EPL came back to lower division after only one season in EPL.Boro and Hull are there and Burnley will stay for another year.Only twice in EPL happend that all three teams stayed up after one season and only once all three teams went down after one season.

mm76

Yer Da
Whoever goes, Brighton are coming up as it stands. A day out at the seaside next year! A friend of mine supports Brighton, so I'm pleased for him.

I'm not, they built that new stadium in the middle of a natural landscape and it sticks out like a giant wart - they were allowed to break every bloody planning law in the process

And I speak as someone who once went to watch them at the Goldstone many years ago (poor game it has to be said)...

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Brighton Newcastle hopefully Leeds replacing Sunderland Boro the EPL will be more fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom