• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Crystal Palace win

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Indeed. While we've earned a point less from 2015-16, everyone else in the top 7 has improved their points tally.

"There is an argument that Arsenal are only a point worse off than the same stage last season so the ‘crisis’ is fabricated, but look at the Gunners’ rivals in comparison with their performance in what was a pathetic campaign which ended with Leicester’s triumph: Chelsea (+31 points), Tottenham (+7), Liverpool (+12), Manchester City (+7), Manchester United (+7) and Everton (+14)."

http://www.football365.com/news/six-reasons-why-its-really-time-to-go-Arsène
This alone shows that he should be gone. If you're not improving and everyone else is what do you actually expect to happen?!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alexis was terrible last night for one. Also, those attributed 'I'll stay one more year if the club spends on top players' stuff is the wrong thing to say and the wrong thing to do. He acts like he's the only one that tries or cares and the rest are beneath him. On his day a great player. Last night, the complete opposite...

I got pissed off with him a while back but he's still our best player?

mm76

Yer Da
The 4,2,3,1 system is fine as long as when you lose the ball the two wingers and full backs drop quickly back forming a 442

the back line was awful on that score last night - i noticed exactly that, they failed to form a line to play offside a few times

i can only assume Steve Bould is actually blind because surely if he could have seen it he'd have pulled his hair out - oh, hang on... :confused:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The 4,2,3,1 system is fine as long as when you lose the ball the two wingers and full backs drop quickly back forming a 442.

But they have to be disciplined else the midfield gets dragged over to the flanks leaving the centre open. Or worse the CBs get pulled over.

When we beat Man C away in January 2015 it worked a treat. Ox and Alexis tracked back the whole game and worked their socks off. It was a superb performance. What went wrong?
We conceded possession that day and were totally focussed on the defensive shape, but it is strange we never were able to/tried to replicate it. But as you say the execution is most important, even if the 4-2-3-1 isn't perfect for the squad, it could still work if done well.

The way Juve play should be a blueprint I think, just keep your eye on Mandzukic tonight, he works so hard up and down on the wing, it's insanity.

If our wingers could do that, no one on here would be *****ing about Xhaka being **** and unable to shield the back four, like it's his personal responsibility.

kopzilla

Always Negative
What makes you think Top 4 is a priority for Kroenke? As long as we are in the Premier League, selling out every week, making millions from merchandise and sponsorship deals (which won't go away without Top 4), that dude is happy. In fact he'll probably see Wenger's departure as an opportunity to appoint an inexperienced coach on half that salary and save 4m a year.

For a manager of Wenger's stature, no matter what the present circumstance it would have been very difficult for an owner to get rid of him.

I think this season is quite different from the ones we have seen earlier...there is no drive,hunger or enthusiasm from anyone in the squad..no way will we finish top 4. I am sure the board and Wenger must have agreed on some minimum requirements for him to sign another contract.

The anger amongst the fans has reached a breaking point and I am sure not many fans would buy season tickets next season if Wenger stays regardless of where we finish this season.

In his mind, he thinks he can finish top 4.The fact that we are playing so poorly just goes by him...he forgets the past and tries to do the same of what he has been doing all these years. Mind you we have been very lucky in some matches in the past which enabled us to finish top 4 just by a whisker..(Lasagnagate, last match Vs Charlton with the goalkeeper making some gaffes). He is like a gambler...wants to try and try till he thinks he can get it right.

Either way, he is just prolonging his "death" sentence.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't think it is Mustafi not being able to command respect. I don't think players like Bellerin, Walcott, Ramsey are listening. Think they have swallowed Wenger's "go and express yourself" s**t so long now they aren't capable of taking directions from other players. They just do what the **** they want and feel like. I sat next to the pitch so I had Bellerin and Mustafi right up against where I sat and I swear Bellerin does not listen. He just doesn't give a ****. As soon as we have the ball he is off like some freaking possessed smurf on speed up that sideline.
Lol at smurf on speed. Still laughing. Fair enough. It makes you wonder what conversations the players have that the same mistakes keep happening. I remember Walcott having a word with Jenks a while back. Jenks told him to @#! off twice. No in game management.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That was 4-1-4-1
4-1-4-1.png
I seem to remember the pre game line up shown as 4231 on BBC and Sky Sports. However Cazorla was playing as a 10 not Özil and he dropped deeper to join the 4 in midfield.

But look where Sanchez is! He really tracked back that day. We miss Cazorla badly.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We conceded possession that day and were totally focussed on the defensive shape, but it is strange we never were able to/tried to replicate it. But as you say the execution is most important, even if the 4-2-3-1 isn't perfect for the squad, it could still work if done well.

The way Juve play should be a blueprint I think, just keep your eye on Mandzukic tonight, he works so hard up and down on the wing, it's insanity.

If our wingers could do that, no one on here would be *****ing about Xhaka being **** and unable to shield the back four, like it's his personal responsibility.
This.

But that day we didn't have Walcott. Cazorla was more disciplined than Özil's been since, and Mertesaker also made a big difference. Yes he's slow but his aerial ability and anticipation is much better than Mustafi (as he's playing now).

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

the back line was awful on that score last night - i noticed exactly that, they failed to form a line to play offside a few times

i can only assume Steve Bould is actually blind because surely if he could have seen it he'd have pulled his hair out - oh, hang on... :confused:
We have Primorac, Banfield, Bould and Wenger, all armed with video evidence and mountains of metric data from Stat DNA. On top of that, these guys have been schooled by a host of top coaches in their early years. You'd think their positional awareness and knowledge of how to behave in all scenarios would be second nature by now.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We have Primorac, Banfield, Bould and Wenger, all armed with video evidence and mountains of metric data from Stat DNA. On top of that, these guys have been schooled by a host of top coaches in their early years. You'd think their positional awareness and knowledge of how to behave in all scenarios would be second nature by now.
Well the coaches have to be actually top as well as interpreting, communicating and applying the data in the best possible way.

nick gould

I missed the game due to work. After work I watched fans reacting to the game on Arsenal fan Tv and I thought we must have been terrible. The guys who were interviewed seemed to think none of the players played like they deserved the Arsenal shirt.

The following day I watched the match. To the contrary the boys played okayish. Xhaka in my opinion was a solid 6.5, same applies to Elneny. Özil was using his initiative to drop deep and receive the ball. Elneny is getting a lot of stick in this forum. It's not his falt our front players are hiding away from the ball. Even Özil could not find them. Sanchez simply stayed out wide. Welbeck's off the ball movement is nonexistent. I don't know where Theo was, I couldn't not see him on my tele, so how do you expect our midfield to find him.

Defense was dire as usual. Individually and collectively. We were bad but I have seen worse. Wenger got his timing wrong as well. Clear signs the pressure is taking it's toll. First 9 minutes of the second half we were under constant pressure. Then we turned things around. Talk about lack of timing, manager takes Elneny off. Less than a minute later Cabaye scores, with Ramsey on the wrong side of play as usual.

mm76

Yer Da
First 9 minutes of the second half we were under constant pressure. Then we turned things around. Talk about lack of timing, manager takes Elneny off. Less than a minute later Cabaye scores, with Ramsey on the wrong side of play as usual.

yes when he brought Ramsey and Giroud on at the same time i knew the game was well and truly over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom