• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny: Should He Come Back As #1?

StefanB

Don't get why people are so negative against Wojciech coming back. He's been awesome for Roma and is better than Cech, Ospina and Martinez.

Unless we buy someone from the really elite bracket (which if you base on current form than Szczesny is in that bracket) then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't bring him back. Instant improvement on our other keepers.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Care to elaborate?

Simply not good enough. He was not then when he played for us and I don't think he has really progressed that much at Roma since. Actually, I think the Brazilian GK at Roma is a much better keeper than Chez.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cech isn't great atm so having him back won't kill us but it's been 15 years since we had a truly wc GK. Oblak or Leno look like the best we might be able to get.

ARSNLNO1

Malky

Established Member
He's been the best keeper in Italy this season. And no, I'm not joking. Improved a lot last season and did so even more this season. He's a serious step above Cech now. You're sorted if you bring him back.

Thought his attitude was **** before he left for Roma, but the talent was always there. Seems to have sorted himself out now.
Every man and their dog is going on about Donnarumma and Buffon this season, only because one is still a baby (in terms of GK age) and the other is still top quality even though he's pushing 40. Szczesny has been outstanding and not given the full credit he deserves for the way he's turned his career around at Roma, he was seen as a clown when he left us. Its laughable that people are turning their noses up at bringing him back, he benches Cech without breaking sweat. Unless we have a spare £50M+ lying around to sign Oblak, Szczesny is our best option!

ARSNLNO1

Every man and their dog is going on about Donnarumma and Buffon this season, only because one is still a baby (in terms of GK age) and the other is still top quality even though he's pushing 40. Szczesny has been outstanding and not given the full credit he deserves for the way he's turned his career around at Roma, he was seen as a clown when he left us. Its laughable that people are turning their noses up at bringing him back, he benches Cech without breaking sweat. Unless we have a spare £50M+ lying around to sign Oblak, Szczesny is our best option!

Could not agree more mate, Szczesny's stats are better than any keeper in the premier league this season, are those that are rubbishing the idea of bringing him back saying they wouldn't take Lloris or Courtious if they could get them on a free? because that is exactly what you are getting with Szczesny right now in my opinion. An quite rightly as the poster above has stated his form would bench Cech easy.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Simply not good enough. He was not then when he played for us and I don't think he has really progressed that much at Roma since. Actually, I think the Brazilian GK at Roma is a much better keeper than Chez.
You obviously haven't seen him at all this season, then. He's been outstanding for Roma and arguably the best GK in the league. I think he's progressed a lot during his time there, and looks ready to come back to us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Haven't watched him at all. I'll trust who ever is in charge to make the decision.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You clearly haven't seen a thing of Roma this season then!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is best keeper in Serie A this season kept 14 clean sheet should comeback as number 1 here and compete with Pickford if we bought him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I never liked his distribution when he was with us, his kicking was gash. Does anyone know if he's turned it round?

Pickford looks very good in that aspect for an English keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom