• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny: Should He Come Back As #1?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I never liked his distribution when he was with us, his kicking was gash. Does anyone know if he's turned it round?

Pickford looks very good in that aspect for an English keeper.
Must say this was one of the first things I noticed about Cech. The better distribution. I knew it was the case but to actually see the change was quite surreal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You obviously haven't seen him at all this season, then. He's been outstanding for Roma and arguably the best GK in the league. I think he's progressed a lot during his time there, and looks ready to come back to us.
Yeah, the Brazilian guy hasn't had a sniff. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When a league when having top keepers like Buffon Handanovic Donnarumma Riena to be all ahead of them and kept more clean sheet then them is great.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
You have to remember Wojciech was 24 when he played his last Arsenal game! Still a baby for the position.
I haven't watched him play, but I'd like to see a better, ;proven keeper between our sticks. I didn't agree with Cech coming, he couldn't command number one at Chelsea. If we want to challenge we have to get in the very best we players can, some players who would at least get into positions in our rivals teams.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The most important thing with Wojciech in his time with Roma he stopped to his clown things when he was at Arsenal he learned alot of things there he become more confident more solid in the air and better shoot stooping.

carlito'sway

Established Member
He is best keeper in Serie A this season kept 14 clean sheet should comeback as number 1 here and compete with Pickford if we bought him.

Let's agree that keeping clean sheets does not automatically equates to best GK. Chez had the most clean sheets a few yrs ago (with Cech) and he was not by any stretch the best PL GK.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

When a league when having top keepers like Buffon Handanovic Donnarumma Riena to be all ahead of them and kept more clean sheet then them is great.

I decided to read up on Donnarumma and this was the first result "Manchester City prepared to pay £130m for AC Milan goalkeeper in world-record transfer" :lol: God The Sun is such a **** rag.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Don't Roma have a good back line too? Been impressed with Manolas at least the few times I've seen him.
Not as down on Cech as most around here are, but if Szczesny has improved a lot it probably makes sense to take him back given Cech's age.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I decided to read up on Donnarumma and this was the first result "Manchester City prepared to pay £130m for AC Milan goalkeeper in world-record transfer" :lol: God The Sun is such a **** rag.
Haha 130M the sun should just close crap newspaper.

say yes

forum master baiter
I never liked his distribution when he was with us, his kicking was gash. Does anyone know if he's turned it round?

Yeah Szczesny's kicking was awful. Going purely off stats though it looks like he's improved a lot (although he's notably distributing it short):

5uivsi.jpg

Even if Szczesny's distribution is still awful, I don't recall it ever being as bad as Cech's this season. Still fuming over that first goal at the Etihad.

Also much better at playing out from the back than Cech, lad loves his cruyff turns against an onrushing CF :drool:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

His kicking was absolutely a source of frustration, towards the end of his 'last' season here he was getting regularly slammed for not getting the ball over the half way line.

A sensible manager would notice that and either get him coached properly (lol) or just not have him attempt the long kicks too often.

ARSNLNO1

His whole game has improved greatly since he's been on loan, his distribution is excellent but where he really is head an shoulders above the rest is his shot stopping, he pulls off some great saves.

I'm telling you and everyone else now, if we don't bring him back in the summer we will be kicking ourselves, I am absolutely 100% sure of that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't mind if he came back, do really like the look of this Pickford lad though. Could be incredible.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom