• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

Messi dragged a horrendously set up Argentinian side to a WC final and lost against one of the best national team of the last decade. He won player of the tournament.

598e9de7c8.png

What could he do against that? Germany were literally better at every position except CF. Yet he almost did it. They lost by one goal in extra time, it's not like he completely bottled it.

Portugal didn't even get out of the group stages, ended up behind the United States :lol:

That's why you can't use international football for anything. It's the football version of All-Star games, it's not what pays the bills for anyone except FIFA/UEFA.

For Messi we make excuses.

For Ronaldo he just win that thing. Dominating Europe tournos everywhere, with Portugal, with Madrid.

#TheDifference

Messi can't even look grown up with a beard.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Agreed, these things are unmeasurable.

He's 32 and his hunger and desire to win and score goals is more important to me than 'average pass length' stats ffs.

You seem to confuse "Looking animated on the pitch" with "Desire". Messi has won the league 8 times, the CL 4 times, 4 Copa del Reys and almost dragged a garbage Argentina side to a WC.

The guy has a lot more than Ronaldo despite being 3 years younger. If only he had some desire though.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
For Messi we make excuses.

For Ronaldo he just win that thing. Dominating Europe tournos everywhere, with Portugal, with Madrid.

#TheDifference

Messi can't even look grown up with a beard.

Why didn't they get out of the group stages then, losing out on 2nd to the US? Dempsey2Strong4Ron?

Giroud

Established Member
For me, Messi was gifted with the talent by birth (and growth hormons keke). But Ronaldos work ethic, to become what he is today, has always impressed me more.

That's rubbish though. Anyone who's looked into this topic has found that talent means little if anything, all the research supports the deliberate practice theory. Hard work and proper training gets you to the top and you can guarantee Messi has worked hard as anyone to get to where he is.

Why didn't they get out of the group stages then, losing out on 2nd to the US? Dempsey2Strong4Ron?

Like I should have said there is big difference between Portugal and Argentina. As Portugal you always play against odds, but Argentina are given fair share of odds before every tourno.

Ronaldo the difference maker. Messi the quitter.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That's rubbish though. Anyone who's looked into this topic has found that talent means little if anything, all the research supports the deliberate practice theory. Hard work and proper training gets you to the top and you can guarantee Messi has worked hard as anyone to get to where he is.

In this Ronaldo vs Messi case that's quite difference.You can see by their play that Messi has more talent and Ronaldo is more work,work and work.Ronaldo can't reach Messi's level.

Yupp he won the Euro against all odds. Zero excuses. True leader in the final.

You see the difference best in Messi and Ronaldo how Messi behaved when he lost Copa America, he quits. While Ronaldo faced his biggest fear and got injured but still lead the team from sidelines to win it. Character.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It would be good to see Real-Atletico in semis.I feel that Atletico wants revenge but they can't **** in their pants every time they play against Real.2 legs maybe can make difference.Real was quite **** today at home ground and they hard beat Atletico whey they played in 2015 CL.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
42c16cd92d.png

I feel like stats say a lot here. It's evident when you watch them as well but people tend to just compare the goals when Messi is literally levels above Ronaldo in basically every other facet of the game.

Guys, this is groundbreakimg from Dokaka.

Messi passes are just above 4 meters longer than Ronaldo's, that puts any doubt to shame, Messi is superior.

fc honka

Really surprised to read this thread after this crazy game. So many people here loving Real after they got so much help from the officials. Maybe somebody can explain me where this Real-love comes from.

They have the biggest money in the business, they mostly get help from judges, what is so great about that team?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Really surprised to read this thread after this crazy game. So many people here loving Real after they got so much help from the officials. Maybe somebody can explain me where this Real-love comes from.

They have the biggest money in the business, they mostly get help from judges, what is so great about that team?

I think it's more hate for Bayern than love for Real..

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
:lol:

I'm actually in tears, guy went on and actually compared avg. passing length instead of something useful like dribbling ffs.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Think they're against Bayern more that some love for Real.

They have nothing good to really like them tbh.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
And where does that come from? Or is it the same hate as Özil gets as he is German? Just common Germanhate or whatever?

They buy players from main opposition,some players are wankers,they are arrogant etc.I don't hate them,but i saw that comments on the most forums.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
And Real and Barcelona dont do that???
Arrogant who? Hummels, Boateng, Lahm, Alonso, Kimmich?

I agree with you.I hate Barca and Real much more than Bayern.Don't know,they have that reputation.But the players you mention aren't arrogant,at least i don't see that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom