• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
I think even most neutrals would agree that Sp**s vs Arsenal final is the most tantalising option.

but most Arsenal fans would find it a nightmare - if we somehow get past Citeh we definitely need it to be Cehlsea - that way the pressure's off

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't see us beating City, obviously I'd love to be proven wrong and if I am then I think it will be Spuds in the final. I can see them beating Chelsea and possibly catching them in the league too.

mm76

Yer Da
If we could beat S***s in final, that would be a dream come true :)

you can't seriously think we have even a 1% chance of doing so - it would be a humiliation of Bayern proportions

my hope is we beat Citeh and face Chelsea in the final - they'll win but that's nowhere near as bad as losing to tottenshi*e

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
you can't seriously think we have even a 1% chance of doing so - it would be a humiliation of Bayern proportions

my hope is we beat Citeh and face Chelsea in the final - they'll win but that's nowhere near as bad as losing to tottenshi*e
Need to beat Citeh first. But I have a good feeling about this for some insane reason! :)

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
There is nothing to debate. Your post showed up your exremely limited knowledge of the sport.

"What does it matter which side they play on?" - Please tell us you were joking with this... right?
Yes, and just saying "no" and "oh dear" to everything with no reason as to why shows an A+ level of knowledge doesn't it. Nothing to debate? What's the point in a forum then?

When was it decided that Gabriel and Gibbs not play on the same side of the pitch? Are you trying to say Gabriel can only play RCB? Or are you saying that he can play LCB but not when Gibbs is playing? It's a ridiculous thing to suggest and you've not provided any reason as to why. Don't think they can? Fine, let's talk about it.

Monreal is in the worst form of his life and shouldn't be near the team, every time a team attacks down his side they create an opportunity from it. Gibbs has played well in most of the appearances he's made, so I think it's a good time to give him a chance. Again, don't agree? Fine, let's talk. Have a discussion.

The response I got was that of a 14 year old.

mm76

Yer Da
Monreal is in the worst form of his life and shouldn't be near the team, every time a team attacks down his side they create an opportunity from it.

Sorry but this is so wide of the mark - he's been a standout player recently, your knowledge is out-of date - it's Bellerin who's been exposing us on the other side

Gibbs is well below first-choice level, that's accepted by most arsenal fans I know

And most players do better on one side than the other, especially defenders, this is widely known and accepted

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes, and just saying "no" and "oh dear" to everything with no reason as to why shows an A+ level of knowledge doesn't it. Nothing to debate? What's the point in a forum then?

When was it decided that Gabriel and Gibbs not play on the same side of the pitch? Are you trying to say Gabriel can only play RCB? Or are you saying that he can play LCB but not when Gibbs is playing? It's a ridiculous thing to suggest and you've not provided any reason as to why. Don't think they can? Fine, let's talk about it.

Monreal is in the worst form of his life and shouldn't be near the team, every time a team attacks down his side they create an opportunity from it. Gibbs has played well in most of the appearances he's made, so I think it's a good time to give him a chance. Again, don't agree? Fine, let's talk. Have a discussion.

The response I got was that of a 14 year old.
Dude, you said... and I quote "What difference does it make which side they are on"... So being a lefty on a right flank didn't cross your mind. Saying something like that makes you look clueless about the sport. Of course it matters which side they are on. Gibbs has hardly ever played on the right side has he... When have you seen Bellerin on the left? Not much...

If you don't want the "response of a 14 year old" then clarify yourself like an adult instead of making ambiguous statements and then getting butthurt that everybody thinks you're *.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
From press conference...

on whether a 3-5-2 formation is an option again…
It is an option, yes. But what will I do? You will understand that I won't tell you know.

on whether that system makes the team more unpredictable…
You know, it was more destined to give us a bit more defensive solidity because recently away from home we conceded too many goals.

on whether it convinces people that his side are more adaptable…
Of course, but I think the definition of a good football player is that he is adaptable to any situation. What makes football rich is that it's 11 against 11 and you have billions of different situations possible and that the players every time have to make the right decision. If you're not adaptable, you're not a top-level player.

on what he can take from the recent 2-2 draw with City…
That they are a team who is very positive going forward, they like to have the ball, they like to take initiative and we do as well. So on that front I think that in our last game it was quite 50/50 on the possession front, so overall I think it could be a very intense game with two teams trying to go forward. A very spectacular game once the first goal is scored, so let's hope we score first.

mm76

Yer Da
The maximum pessimist would argue that a loss here is to be preferred, as the alternative is a potential loss to Sp**s in the final. Which would be ****ing unbearable, and which we would be reminded of every single second for the rest of our miserable lives.

If Spuds win tomorrow, Sunday will probably be the only time in history their fans will be cheering us on to win, knowing they will shag us in the final if we get through

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If Spuds win tomorrow, Sunday will probably be the only time in history their fans will be cheering us on to win, knowing they will shag us in the final if we get through
I don't believe that to be honest. They will know full well that all form goes out the window and means nothing on a cup final day at Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom