• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

So depressing how little vitriol there has been towards the idea of Wenger getting a new contract. He has taken the club hostage.

Make no mistake - whatever amount of years he is here for will be totally wasted. No major trophies. Our club may as well go into hibernation. I cant wait until he is gone so we can actually look to the future with optimism and dream about competing for meaningful silverware.

I respect his achievements for us as much as any AKB but its obvious he has been finished for years. I hate all this talk about 'is a protest really necessary?' Not only is it necessary - its not enough. I'd understand thinking a protest was a bit harsh in, say, 2008. But its 2017 and we have been a laughing stock for a long time and have all but pissed away the financial and competitive advantage the stadium move should have given us. The man is willing to waste another two years of our clubs existence to pander to his own ego. **** off.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

According to the French media, he has agreed on an extension until 2020. As a matter of fact, it may be announced as early as tomorrow.
Cavani is having a fantastic season (43 goals / 42 games this season). He is rarely injured and has a terrific attitude and work rate. Totally underrated player, IMO.

His finishing can be rash, especially in big moments. His movement is definitely the best of any striker in the world and possibly the best I have ever seen in my life - which is why he gets so many chances.

Velli

So depressing how little vitriol there has been towards the idea of Wenger getting a new contract. He has taken the club hostage.

Make no mistake - whatever amount of years he is here for will be totally wasted. No major trophies. Our club may as well go into hibernation. I cant wait until he is gone so we can actually look to the future with optimism and dream about competing for meaningful silverware.

I respect his achievements for us as much as any AKB but its obvious he has been finished for years. I hate all this talk about 'is a protest really necessary?' Not only is it necessary - its not enough. I'd understand thinking a protest was a bit harsh in, say, 2008. But its 2017 and we have been a laughing stock for a long time and have all but pissed away the financial and competitive advantage the stadium move should have given us. The man is willing to waste another two years of our clubs existence to pander to his own ego. **** off.

This.

mm76

Yer Da

Well written, so the question is, what can people do - the answer is not going and the trouble is for most people they want to stick with the club, it's part of their life. I'm not an ST holder but see going to some matches as essential to following a club (living in N London helps:)) - if people either didn't go or at least stopped buying stuff from the club shop and any food/drink in the ground it might start affecting the bottom line. I think it might be starting - the stadium wasn't full for the W Ham game (although they'd sold the seats to ST holders in most cases I expect) and they had to go to the wider membership to sell the remaining FAC tickets which i'm sure they don't normally.

I genuinely don't know what else to suggest - a mass writing of letters to Kroenke maybe? But as he's a Tr*mp supporter he would probably do something nice and subtle and use them to wipe his a**e

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From Özil's book...
Extracts from Özil's book confirms what we all suspected happened last year at Chelsea. Mourinho humiliates players through frustration. That's why he lost the dressing room.

The secret of man management is to know that people are individuals and need to be treated differently. Whilst one player might respond to a public boll*cking another will just hate you and plot to bring you down.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Özil's revelations about how good a manager Wenger is (compared to his previous ones) particularly his rigour and passion for practising set pieces over and over again, might come as a shock to some people.

What is clear is that Wenger gives and demands respect from his players. Probably one of his most crucial attributes in maintaining such a long career.

No matter how frustrated people are with Wenger, as a human being you have to admit the man is 'class'.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger probably got Japanese type customs, cleanliness, order, uniformity etc from his time there. These things are much deeper than they seem, it's not actually about a clean dressing room itself.

Capello and Ferguson were similar. Before Wenger, you wore the same shirt as your captain at Arsenal, long sleeve or short sleeve.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Someone described Wenger as a "burden" yesterday. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but abit cheap for me to say that about a man who has delivered for 95% of his time at Arsenal.
They're the same people who'd call their own father a burden for not forking out to buy a Porsche for their birthday. Even though his loyalty, love and hard work for his son has been unwavering for 21 years.

African Flair

Wenger probably got Japanese type customs, cleanliness, order, uniformity etc from his time there. These things are much deeper than they seem, it's not actually about a clean dressing room itself.

Capello and Ferguson were similar. Before Wenger, you wore the same shirt as your captain at Arsenal, long sleeve or short sleeve.
I think the showers is just for show and he in fact have installed the finest onsen on this planet behind a secret door.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Wenger made some dismal decisions between 07 and 2011, let's not whitewash that fact. People didn't want him out, and if they did, it was a minority, but there was still a lot of frustration at some of his failings. Don't rewrite history.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'll second that. Would be foolish to not admit that.

@Makingtrax maybe it wouldn't surprise you but many of us, despite our current objections, grew to love this club due to the class instilled by Wenger.
Wouldn't surprise me mate. When he leaves soon, even the most ardent Wenger Outer will pretend there's something their eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom