• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Age seems to be less of an issue with keepers now days, or maybe I just not remembering past keepers that well. But De Gea, Courtois and Leno are all young but are up there with the best.

Not that I think there's anything in this. Certain Cech will be no.1 until either of them retires.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Those who dislike Ospina for his lack of height should know that Pickford is only 6 foot 1, it that might be cause for some concern.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Spoke to someone who told me Pickford is our top GK target.

There is a lesser known Belgian keeper who is option two.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Those who dislike Ospina for his lack of height should know that Pickford is only 6 foot 1, it that might be cause for some concern.
Pickford look more confident and calm in goal than Ospina. if we could bring Pickford for low fee it worth a risk he has the potential to be top keeper.

Malky

Established Member
Pickford look more confident and calm in goal than Ospina. if we could bring Pickford for low fee it worth a risk he has the potential to be top keeper.
Plus he has some leadership about him, constantly shouting orders and (trying to) sort out the defence.
Sunderland look all but relegated, so Pickford on a cut price fee could be a bargain Wenger can't refuse.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Plus he has some leadership about him, constantly shouting orders and (trying to) sort out the defence.
Sunderland look all but relegated, so Pickford on a cut price fee could be a bargain Wenger can't refuse.
you right even if he is english but if sunderland get relegated we can get him for 10M pounds or under.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pickford is meant to be pretty good with the ball at his feet which may be why we're looking at him. I don't watch much Sunderland so don't actually know if he is as good as people say he is. Is he quick off the line?

Both Cech and Ospina hoof the ball almost every time they get it. First I thought it was instructions from Wenger that keepers should always be 100% save. But then I saw Martinez a lot more calm in that area.

It is very weird for a manager who like possession football to allow GK to give it away as easily as Cech has done a lot this season.

It is something we need to fix, either with new keeper or those who are here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Both Cech and Ospina hoof the ball almost every time they get it. First I thought it was instructions from Wenger that keepers should always be 100% save. But then I saw Martinez a lot more calm in that area.

It is very weird for a manager who like possession football to allow GK to give it away as easily as Cech has done a lot this season.

It is something we need to fix, either with new keeper or those who are here.
Yeah, neither Cech or Ospina are great kickers, and neither particularly that quick off the line. Szczesny rightfully was criticized for his poor form but he at least had the bollocks to make decisions, whether to come off his line or play a shorter, riskier pass.

Martinez appears to have all areas somewhat covered, which is why he is still at Arsenal. There's a proper keeper in there somewhere, just needs to be unlocked by said keeper.

mm76

Yer Da
Haven't seem much of Pickford but it seems wierd to sigh a goalie from the bottom of the league side, though i know it's scoring - and David Moyes - that's been their main problem.

Happy we should look at him as an option but also want Wenger to give Martinez a decent go at the starting lineup.

if we have both we can offload both Cack and Ospina as far as i'm concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom