• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Qr_Tf_VCaih_LY.jpg

Gold, f**king comedy gold. :lol:

Impact

Established Member
Surprised people are considering selling Bellerín. You'll struggle to find a better right-back under 23 anywhere else in the world. There's a reason why he is linked with the likes of Barca and Man City.

Still has someway to develop and is going through a difficult patch of form admittedly, but his talent is undoubtedly there.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Surprised people are considering selling Bellerín. You'll struggle to find a better right-back under 23 anywhere else in the world. There's a reason why he is linked with the likes of Barca and Man City.

Still has someway to develop and is going through a difficult patch of form admittedly, but his talent is undoubtedly there.
I don't suppose it helps that we keep switching systems so late in the season.

Impact

Established Member
I don't suppose it helps that we keep switching systems so late in the season.

Don't even think that matters. His role on the pitch is similar when playing RWB as it is when playing RB. And in any case, it is the manager's and coaches' job to prepare the team tactically.

mm76

Yer Da
From the official club newsletter:

RIGHT BACK TO BASICS

It’s been a challenging 2017 for Arsène Wenger’s team. Young right back Hector Bellerin has been in the eye of the storm, enduring the most difficult spell of what’s been an Arsenal career on the up and up.

Having arrived at the Gunners’ Academy as a 16 year-old, the Spanish international is now a veteran of six seasons in north London and recognises how valuable the tough times can be in a players’ education:

"In other seasons we’ve gone through bad patches,” says the 22 year-old. "but probably not as bad as this one. I’m learning a lot about what’s happening outside the pitch, though. You need to learn to deal with people saying bad things about you and you need to learn to deal with stuff that’s not happened before. It will make me stronger. That’s how I see it.

"Some people can be destroyed or collapse,” says Hector, who featured in last season’s Premier League Team of the Season, "but I think I and everyone at the club needs to look at it positively. We just need to do our job on the pitch. We know that fans are angry, we know that people want results because we’re Arsenal and that’s what’s expected from us. But it’s been a long time since we went through a patch like this so we need to make sure we recover from it. Trust me, we’re trying as hard as we can.”

After the Gunners defeat to Crystal Palace, Hector posted a picture running on a beach captioned ‘Morning run to recover form a difficult night’ and explains that heading to the coast is a natural reaction for a boy brought up on the Mediterranean: ‘They gave us a couple of days off and as I was raised near the beach, it’s one of the places I like to go when I want to clear my head,” he smiles, "I’m lucky there are a few beaches around in the UK, so I went to the south of England and was at the beach for a few days. I thought about everything that’s going on. It’s not just been a bad patch for the club but for me as a player as well. Sometimes you need to find the answers to your questions and there’s no better way than to disconnect for a bit, go back to basics and start from scratch again."

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Apart from the asisst I thought he had poor game, clearly our poorest player on the pitch today.

Ox is clearly the RWB first choice.

mmac76

Apart from the asisst I thought he had poor game, clearly our poorest player on the pitch today.

Ox is clearly the RWB first choice.

that's interesting, shows highlights can be deceptive - although tbf the highlights do show he also crossed well for when Monreal nearly scored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom