• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Currently finishing Mirror's Edge (the most recent one).

Still to finish mass effect andromeda, on my way to the final mission.

I've been having this thing for the past years where I play the game and try and do all the side quests and just give up near the end (mainly because I know how it'll end).

The only reason I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider was because I accidentally got to the point of no return and figured "what the heck". Same with titan fall 2.

Think the last game I actually wanted to finish was Bloodborne and Witcher 3.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
is it any good? I played the first one when it came out and liked it very much. Is it comparable?

Yeah, it's more open world now in the sense you're free to move around the map, unlocking new areas as you progress (and not in a Witcher 3 omg this is too big of a map kind of way).

I liked the gameplay of the 1st one, but loved it for the world. The white aesthetics with vibrant colours and the clean architecture, Glass felt like a real place and that translates very well/even more so to ME: Catalyst.

It sometimes doesn't feel lived in, but it's still a beautiful game that managed to wow me in a certain mission or two that required climbing really high.

The action/fight sequences are a bit less meh this time around, but the platforming/puzzleish vibe is still there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Few hours into Mass Effect Andromeda, don't think it's up there with the previous series. Missing some key elements that would make it a more pleasant experience, such as being able to call the Nomad from anywhere or replacing the mining system that had nothing wrong with it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I've been having this thing for the past years where I play the game and try and do all the side quests and just give up near the end (mainly because I know how it'll end).

Only games I have finished in recent times is GTAV and Red Dead redemption

I buy games, play halfway thru but as soon as it starts to become hard/repetitive I loose interest

Dying light was great but I just can't seem to be arsed

likwise with Skyrim, Mass Effect, Fallout (the later two I just played for a few hours and realized that playing thru them would eat up sooo much time so I sold them to get a bunch of sports games instead)

Oh and fvck picking locks in games, who on earth thought that was a great idea fora game? You are this huge strong powerful warrior, mage, space cowboy, apocalypse knight and you can't just smash that puny little lock?

blaze_of_glory

Few hours into Mass Effect Andromeda, don't think it's up there with the previous series. Missing some key elements that would make it a more pleasant experience, such as being able to call the Nomad from anywhere or replacing the mining system that had nothing wrong with it.
Agreed, been playing it for about two months now. Good game, but not great like the original trilogy. To be fair, the devs have been making lots of improvements in updates, but the things you mention are here to stay. The game does get better after the first few hours though, has a very slow start.

The combat is a lot of fun, but the open world gets a bit boring when you have to just roam around 5 different planets and unlock forward stations. The story is only ok. The game can be really fun if you get into the exploration aspect, but like I said it has just ended up a bit boring for me. Think I'll just finish the main quest and do most of the crew missions, can't be bothered doing all the million tasks or even all the Heleus assignments I dont' think.

Also, I don't like the leveling system. They give you a ton of points because they want the player to use a bunch of profiles with different skills. I like having one build, and I've completed mine. But I keep leveling up and have nothing worthwhile spending my points on anymore since I've maxed out all the skills I use.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
wanted to try cities:skylins before buying but thre is no demo.

release demos, fcukin stupid game companies!

Red&Dreadjm

Having a renewed love affair with Civ 5 BNW ( a truly great game imo)- talk about chewing up your time. Haven't managed to get into Civ 6 yet

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
After the crap season we've had I decided to play FM 17 after not having played the game series in a long time.

Currently second in the league, out of the FA Cup 5th Round at home to Aston Villa, out of the Champions League after getting first place in the group stages against Bayern.

Say what you will about FM but it is realistic.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Witcher 3 and Overwatch. Feels like I don't need any other games at the moment, haha.

blaze_of_glory

Feeling totally burned out on vids these days. Haven't had motivation to complete Mass Effect Andromeda. I find the game drags on once the initial awesomeness of playing ME again wears off. I think Witcher 3 may have killed all other open world games for me tbh.

I have the latest and final DLC for Dark Souls 3, but haven't been able to get excited about really digging into that yet. Played so much Souls and Bloodborne over the past five years or so that it just doesn't have the same allure as it used to. Mostly just been reading recently.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Feeling totally burned out on vids these days. Haven't had motivation to complete Mass Effect Andromeda. I find the game drags on once the initial awesomeness of playing ME again wears off. I think Witcher 3 may have killed all other open world games for me tbh.

I have the latest and final DLC for Dark Souls 3, but haven't been able to get excited about really digging into that yet. Played so much Souls and Bloodborne over the past five years or so that it just doesn't have the same allure as it used to. Mostly just been reading recently.
Gaming for me is at a low ebb as well, and I can't think of anything coming out soon that will remedy this. All the titles like Last of us 2, cyberpunk 2077 etc are so far away to being released.

Top Bottom