• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I personally don't think Sanchez will sign but we'll see.

Rvp got fit, scored 48 league goals in 63 games. then left
Yeah, RvP finally delivered after years of the club sticking by him and developing him with little back in return.

My fave ever player but RvP done us wrong.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Yeah, RvP finally delivered after years of the club sticking by him and developing him with little back in return.

I hate that Dutch ****,but he saw that club don't have any ambition apart to fight for top 4 and one good season in Utd was enough for him to get EPL title.He is prick in sense that he gave us one and half year of great football and he was injured almost whole time in Arsenal.But football it's like that.

OShea's2010

Not really his fault if he was injury prone. He did well generally when he did play in those years. And then smashed it when he eventually had a period without injury. Don't think he could have done a lot more to be honest. Not exactly talkin about a ledley king situation

OShea's2010

I hate that Dutch ****,but he saw that club don't have any ambition apart to fight for top 4 and one good season in Utd was enough for him to get EPL title.He is prick in sense that he gave us one and half year of great football and he was injured almost whole time in Arsenal.But football it's like that.
Just checked his record and he averaged 22 league appearances a season for 7 seasons. Until the final season where he played every game. not the worst fitness record I've ever heard

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Sanchez signed here, and looks like he'll extend here. No gun is held to his head.

We carried RvP, Arsenal gave RvP more than he gave Arsenal. As soon as he got fit he left.
He wanted to give back to Arsenal but needed support which he didnt get from Wenger. I dont blame him one bit for leaving.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not really his fault if he was injury prone. He did well generally when he did play in those years. And then smashed it when he eventually had a period without injury. Don't think he could have done a lot more to be honest. Not exactly talkin about a ledley king situation
Was he injury proned though? Seemed to have got on well after he left. I think wengers coaching methods are hampering the players' careers. They arrive her fine and then become injury proned.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
John Cross keeps punting that Wenger is definitely staying. Another two years and apparently willing to accept changes to structure...

Which will fix absolutely nothing of course.

Coupled with the fact, we have Kroenke unwilling to sell the club, only interested in profits...ooops...I mean apparently interested in helping the club become successful.

Two stubborn men who are now holding the club back and responsible for this malaise and stagnation. Neither of them are either capable of doing what is necessary to fix what is wrong but yet it doesn't seem to matter.

GoonerBoy19

Without any changes we will get worse in coming years. I hope Wenger leaves now rather being sacked in even worse condition.

BBF

According to numerous reports Abramovic is personally funding the stadium himself, out of his own pocket so that it won't affect club finances. The club is not funding the stadium.

Here's two of many sources.

You have a habit of insulting people when it's pretty clear you know f*** all most of the time. :lol:

Unless of course you have a post to show that the club is actually funding it themselves . . . . in which case I'm waiting.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...e-Stamford-Bridge-Wembley-Gossip-Project-News

https://therealchelseafans.com/2017/01/11/roman-abramovich-would-fund-cost-of-chelseas-new-stadium/

What insults? No one insulted you.

You mean, Chelsea owner, and the person with the most shares in Chelsea is helping fund their new stadium? Wow. Crazy. I've never seen that happen before. Nice sources btw... I'm sure "Therealchelseafans" with their poor grammar are the epitome of cutting edge journalism.

Last edited:

OShea's2010

Was he injury proned though? Seemed to have got on well after he left. I think wengers coaching methods are hampering the players' careers. They arrive her fine and then become injury proned.
Yeah, there's that to take into consideration. def something not right with the amount of long term injuries. Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshere etc

GDeep™

League is very weak

Rosicky had issues before he joined. Diaby was fine until Dan Smith killed his ankle, what can Wenger do about a criminal challenge like that?

Even RvP, one of his biggest injuries was an impact injury on international duty when Chiellini challenged him.

Toast

Established Member
Rosicky had issues before he joined. Diaby was fine until Dan Smith killed his ankle, what can Wenger do about a criminal challenge like that?

Even RvP, one of his biggest injuries was an impact injury on international duty when Chiellini challenged him.

We've had extremely high numbers of hamstring injuries though. Those are preventable. I think this season we've finally been able to figure that particular problem out though.

I wrote about it years ago, e.g. here and here.

Wenger is certainly partially to blame for these injuries as well. For example, he admitted to overplaying Ramsey (who then got a hamstring injury), and he admitted he wouldn't rest Alexis (against Norwich ffs) even though the latter had a hamstring problem. Alexis then of course got injured with, you guessed it, a hamstring injury. There are plenty of other examples.

Many of our injuries over the years were preventable and Wenger is one of the main culprits for our injury troubles.

Last edited:

jvw

This new role the board are creating is completely pointless. They don't even intend to give the person any power, it's just a lame attempt at a compromise solution to appease the fans and maybe calm Wenger's worst excesses. But it won't work, he'll marginalise them and carry on doing things the way he always has. He's the problem (on the playing side) and any solution involving him is destined to fail.

OShea's2010

This new role the board are creating is completely pointless. They don't even intend to give the person any power, it's just a lame attempt at a compromise solution to appease the fans and maybe calm Wenger's worst excesses. But it won't work, he'll marginalise them and carry on doing things the way he always has. He's the problem (on the playing side) and any solution involving him is destined to fail.
Maybe the board will think the fans will fall for it. pretty feeble stuff really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom