• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I guess he'll sign 3 players if Alexis Özil stay. Kolasniac done maybe 2 more hopefully striker and Central midfielder. If Özil Alexis got sold we need 5 players

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Providing Jack + Szczesny rejoin the group & Kolasinac is signed 2-3 more would be ideal.

- Striker... Can lead the line, more mobile than Giroud & efficient infront of goal.
- Rounded Center Midfielder... Ability to tackle & good mobility essential.
- A wide baller... A player who actually loves the position! Zaha ideal.

Other than that clear out the average overpaid players like Lucas, Debuchy & Ospina giving youth a chance to fill the squad.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This all depends on the formation he goes with next season and if Alexis and Özil stay. If they do stay and he keeps the 3-4-3 then he needs to sign a striker and a central midfielder. Ideally i'd want another CB too but Chambers will come back and Mertesacker will still be around so that's six centre backs not even taking into account Monreal playing there, so i just don't see him signing another one.

If he goes with the 4-2-3-1 again then we need a striker, central midfielder and a wide player. Our right sided attacking options are rubbish.

Vibra

Established Member
I'd say the same, could help in negotiations. History tells us he probably means it though. I wonder if the 1-2 players include Kolasinac

Yes. The answer is yes

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he is even talking about transfers. Doesn't that mean he is saying he is staying?

If he does stay it probably means Özil stays and therefore is highly dependant on whether Alexis leaves.

If Alexis leaves, Iwobi, Ramsey or Wilshere will play I'm his position and a central midfielder will be bought as well as a striker.

If he stays you will probably only see a striker brought in.

Aevi

Hale End FC
For me we should sign a starting striker, CM, and LB, while also bringing Woj back to fight for the GK spot. The likes of Ospina, Coq, Elneny, etc. to go the other way. That'd be a summer of great business.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Get Kolasinac done, sign a goalscorer and another CM option and I'd be happy with that to be honest. In an ideal world you'd think another CB possibly a couple of midfielders and a keeper but I think realistically speaking getting a LB, top forward and a CM would be a pretty nice summer.

Also keeping Alexis/Özil is a must obviously.

field442

Trusted ⭐
What strikers are realistically available to sign? That's the main thing that troubles me. We're in desperate need for a top quality striker but there's not that many around.

Morata? Lukaku? Aubameyang? Belotti?

Can't think of any other standouts apart from those, unless you want to start going after people like Bas Dost. Man Utd and Chelsea are both going to sign strikers so we'll get the leftovers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What strikers are realistically available to sign? That's the main thing that troubles me. We're in desperate need for a top quality striker but there's not that many around.

Morata? Lukaku? Aubameyang? Belotti?

Can't think of any other standouts apart from those, unless you want to start going after people like Bas Dost. Man Utd and Chelsea are both going to sign strikers so we'll get the leftovers.
these strikers in your list won't come without CL football. We need to find a decent strikers who at least can score goals with Europa league we'll end up with guys like Joshua King

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
If you lose Alexis then another match winner is needed for sure. Throw mega wages at Aubameyang as it doesn't look like he's going to get his dream La Liga move.

field442

Trusted ⭐
these strikers in your list won't come without CL football. We need to find a decent strikers who at least can score goals with Europa league we'll end up with guys like Joshua King

I think Morata and Belotti would come, the other two probably not. Striker is a position we just need to throw money at and attract someone with £££££££. Keeping Alexis and Özil would also help. Those two leaving will make us an unattractive option.

field442

Trusted ⭐
If you lose Alexis then another match winner is needed for sure. Throw mega wages at Aubameyang as it doesn't look like he's going to get his dream La Liga move.

He'd be a good option for your lot wouldn't he? Who are your rumoured striker targets?

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
He'd be a good option for your lot wouldn't he? Who are your rumoured striker targets?
True I'd love him at United but Mourinho traditionally prefers a target man type. Linked with Belotti, Morata and Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom