• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He'll have made it 15 years without a League title if he stays until 2019, without changing anything about his approach in the meantime.

I really hope, the Board uses the time they bought themselves to properly install a succession plan. Things will get ugly pretty soon if results don't go our way, which they most probably won't if nothing is changed about the way Wenger's doing his work.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He'll have made it 15 years without a League title if he stays until 2019, without changing anything about his approach in the meantime.

I really hope, the Board uses the time they bought themselves to properly install a succession plan. Things will get ugly pretty soon if results don't go our way, which they most probably won't if nothing is changed about the way Wenger's doing his work.
I honestly thought this was the case with the last contract though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Pretty sure the board will leave on a 2 year cruise around the world after this. They just saved themselves from doing a difficult job for another two years, they'll be poppin bottles and hitting up models like crazy now. Arsène has the worst of it. He has to do a whole lot of people's jobs and gets all the stick.

Can't put a price on the job Arséne has done and is still doing here at Arsenal. Could have made double that amount, years ago, to do an easier job elsewhere. Every penny he gets, he earned ten times over.
Nonsense. It is only in the last 3 or 4 years that his £8m has been exceeded.
Easier job? - Many bigger clubs sacked the new manager if he didn't win a trophy first year....

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

The board has been terrible.
They let Wenger's future ruining our season. All for nothing.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

That's the problem though isn't it? These extensions he signs are never THE final extension. It's basically a "i'll have two more years and see how i feel at the end of them".

razörist

Nonsense. It is only in the last 3 or 4 years that his £8m has been exceeded.
Easier job? - Many bigger clubs sacked the new manager if he didn't win a trophy first year....
I said years, as in more than one. 3 or 4 would qualify, so thanks for strenghtening my point. Don't kid yourself, like Arsène couldn't do what the Pep's and Ancelotti's of this world do, walk one-club leagues with their eyes closed and big money signings thrown into their laps. Arsenal is a way more difficult job, and has been for years. Not saying anything people don't know here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I said years, as in more than one. 3 or 4 would qualify, so thanks for strenghtening my point. Don't kid yourself, like Arséne couldn't do what the Pep's and Ancelotti's of this world do, walk one-club leagues with their eyes closed and big money signings thrown into their laps. Arsenal is a way more difficult job, and has been for years. Not saying anything people don't know here.
There is honestly no way to prove that at this stage. Pure speculation. Perhaps an educated guess but a guess nonetheless. We simply do not (and probably will never) know.

razörist

There is honestly no way to prove that at this stage. Pure speculation. Perhaps an educated guess but a guess nonetheless. We simply do not (and probably will never) know.
Well we might as well close the forum, nothing to discuss here anymore.

BobP

Memri Fan
nklpdkj6to0z.jpg

*cough* *cough*

Toast

Established Member

With Ornstein's comments I think we can safely assume that in 2019 our succession plan will be to give the can another kick.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I thought this season would be a catalyst for change? Seems business as usual, no indication that any significant changes will be made. We've got a gutless bunch of wankers running this club.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Change doesn't come in a day, it is planned and takes time.
That's the biggest crock of **** I've heard.
We've been slowly sliding for 7+ years now. Its been clear for a LONG time that we need change. Why hasn't the club been preparing for change over that period? They just sat around, happy to maintain status quo, oblivious to the fact that things are getting worse and worse.

There is no pressure to succeed at Arsenal. This contract extension is the embodiment of everything wrong at the club.

FreakySami

That's the biggest crock of **** I've heard.
We've been slowly sliding for 7+ years now. Its been clear for a LONG time that we need change. Why hasn't the club been preparing for change over that period? They just sat around, happy to maintain status quo, oblivious to the fact that things are getting worse and worse.

There is no pressure to succeed at Arsenal. This contract extension is the embodiment of everything wrong at the club.

The trend from the last 4 years show that we were progressing, we had a reality check this year. We are now preparing to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom