• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
posting this here @juice man much respect.
That's the biggest crock of **** I've heard.
We've been slowly sliding for 7+ years now.
no we haven't, 3 FA cups trophies in 4 years
ts been clear for a LONG time that we need change.
no it isn't, United spending half a billion pounds and changing manager finished below us, Change is a awful word, it can mean anything, in my country change = back to neoliberalism, so change can mean back to mid table mediocrity. Look at Liverpool, that`s a good example of how hard it can be to go back to winning habits.
Why win hasn't the club been preparing for change over that period?
maybe the club IS preparing for that, but we are not this year in a position to make a smooth transition, we are not united we cant just trow a billion pounds to solve our problems, we make 1 step on the wrong direction and we can be ****ed up forever. if Wenger is not stepping down after all the **** he took this season its because the club is not ready to have a healthy transition. he knows better than you.
They just sat around, happy to maintain status quo, oblivious to the fact that things are getting worse and worse.
we just won a trophy playing against the champion so this "worse and worse" scenario is very narrow minded, yes our season was a very poor one, but we also win an important trophy, 3 in the last 4 years. so no, we are not getting "worse and worse" we have underachieved in the league, yes, yet we finished 5th for the first time in 21 years.
perspective.
There is no pressure to succeed at Arsenal. This contract extension is the embodiment of everything wrong at the club.
i responded to you because i found you a very well intended intelligent poster and i was shock with the content here, especially coming from you.
there is huge pressure in our club to succeed, we fly airplanes with banners while our beloved team is performing creating a toxic environment for the players that so hard we pursued to play for us.

Jazzv2

Hey guys. I don’t know if anyone will care or not but I just needed to get this off my chest so I could move on. I joined AM last summer but haven’t been on for a while for the same reasons I haven’t really followed the majority of our embarrassing season. But I had hope (granted not a lot) that with how below average our results were, even for our unambitious standards, that with Wenger’s contract coming to an end we might actually make the long required change at the end of the season. So you can only imagine how utterly sick I feel at this news. It’s the last straw, the last remaining light at the end of the tunnel being crushed before me.

The FA cup final was so so bitter sweet for me. Of course I was glad we won. I wouldn’t ever want it any other way, especially against Chelsea. But at the same time I just knew that a victory would all but seal Wenger staying on which, let’s be fully honest for just one second, is a much, much bigger blow for our future than losing but getting a new manager as a result would have been. Rival fans genuinely cheering the news of his resigning is all you need to know really.

Now what I’m going to say next has been expressed by many others on here to death so I won’t go on for long. We are never going to improve under Wenger anymore. I have never been so sure of anything in my life. No joke. We are so incredibly and painful predicable with him over the last decade it’s unreal. The exact same failing results occurring every year at the exact same time in the exact same manner with absolute no indication of change. Wenger himself has said there is no need for change. Keep the squad together, no need for a DoF, etc. Even if you want to deflect and say it’s Kroenke’s fault for keeping him and not setting more ambitious targets (which it is), does not mean that Wenger is all of a sudden not a major problem himself. His tactical adaptability, motivation, in game management, squad rotation and adequate player recruitment to fill necessary holes in time is at best; poor and at worst; non-existent. Doing the same thing every damn year, believe it or not, will lead to nothing but stagnation in the world of pro sports. And if you stagnate for too long, guess what, relative to other teams that are moving forward (as we’ve seen this year) you will eventually regress.

And forget the winning thing for a second. Of course I’d love for us to progress and win the PL or CL but first and foremost I just want to see us actually try. I just want to know that like any club with an actual soul, we put footballing results ahead of everything else. I just want to know that we are using our resources to their fullest potential to win on the pitch, not to line the pockets of foreign millionaires who have straight up, unashamedly said they don’t care about winning. Say what you want about the Man City’s of the world (as I have) but at least they aren’t shafting the paying, dedicated fans by consistently putting out a deliberately subpar team in favor of greater profits. That’s not a football club anymore folks, that’s what you call a soulless corporation and I have no interest in supporting one. And for the last time, you don’t need loads of $$$ people! And I’m not saying these teams are perfect but I would genuinely rather be like Dortmund, Liverpool or Atletico who, may not always be in the top tier of football (CL), but they’re always doing what they can within their means to try and win. Winning the PL once a decade or so and being in and out of the CL is MUCH better than always being in the CL but never winning top trophies.

At the end of the day, sports is about entertainment and there is nothing even remotely entertaining about knowing you’re going to fail and knowing exactly how you will fail before the season even begins. For these reasons I will not be following us next season or any season in which Wenger is our manager. There is simply no point and no motivation to do so. And it’s sad. I really did not want it to be this way but that’s how it’s been. I thought it would be hard letting go of Arsenal but surprisingly it hasn’t because there is no hope with our current setup. The FA cup final was the first game of ours I’d watched in months. I can’t imagine following any other clubs. Arsenal is the only one for me. Instead I’ll just go back to solely focusing on my local hockey team here in Canada. They’re small market and are nowhere near the most successful teams but I always follow and support them as I know that for them, the fans and sporting success comes first. I really don’t want to take anything away from my fellow Arsenal fans. Everyone’s situation is different and even if you may be aware of everything I said, not following the club isn’t an option. I totally get that but for me the perpetual disappointment is just not worth it. I look forward to coming back to the club full time when we are trying again, whether we’re successful or not, because that’s all I ask for; a club that actually gives a damn about its fans.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
So more of the same then?

2 years isn't enough for a complete rebuild, so loads of underperforming players will get to stay on for squad harmony sake, talk of needing only 2-3 top quality signings as we have a big squad have already have been made, but we'll very likely to lose our best player due to lack of ambition/lack of faith in the manager and his squad really challenge for top honors.

Sounds like the last god knows how many years. Fun times.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

2 more years then we can move on. Its time for the board/ ranch man to show serious intent or they can Fvck off!!

chessygoal

Interesting read : http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/-our-aim-is-to-win-the-premier-league-
I really think Gazidis worked hard to change things, I like that quote in particular "we have faced uncomfortable truths within the club, inconvenient facts, and we are looking at them squarely in the face and working out what we need to do improve and step up from where we are to that winning level. I am convinced we have the right person to do that."
At least it's a step in the right direction, admitting something is wrong and needs to be changed.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arsenal pay Gazidis a gazillion pounds per year to come up with this gem about Wenger!

"His DNA is the same DNA as the club’s!" What b0ll0cks!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/-Arsène-s-dna-is-the-same-as-the-club-s-

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Signs 2 year contracts every other year until he dies in office I mean on the pitch. I Am Legend - Wenger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom